• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Just fought
Adam and eve
fuck me this game has my mind asking so many questions I love it. I truly have no predictions anymore. I've forgotten this is nier 2 and it's a new Yolo Taro game, a damn good feeling.

Here's the tune for
Adam and Eve
:

Phase 1 (Dialogue):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsp5Zqqf4PI

Phase 2 (Battle):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txzk_AzQIS8

I hope the soundtrack includes great mixes between the various arrangements for each of the themes. Love how different this track sounds from the rest of the series, sounds like something in Okabe's Tekken and arcade game soundtracks, honestly.

careksims

Whoo! Just got the BBE in the mail. That steel book is glorious! I love the book too! Just waiting for the patch to download. Hurry up! XD

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is it intended for me to spam the gun drone at all times? I've just been holding R1 and spamming L2 during every fight nonstop and sometimes it feels awkward but it definitely gets the job done.

mooncakes

does this game have the equivalent mode to Bayonetta's lost chapter? It a mode where you can beat different enemies every level if you keep progressing.

Doing the early Supply Trader/Weapon Dealer quests. When I went to the marked areas, I didnt receive all the items needed to complete the quests (ie 2 complex gadgets, needed 4). Did I miss something/doing something wrong?

Jocund

does this game have the equivalent mode to Bayonetta's lost chapter? It a mode where you can beat different enemies every level if you keep progressing.
Kind of. After the end of Route C you unlock a debug mode that allows you to spawn enemies and fuss with config options. It's essentially an endless combat room.

Hikami

err... died to the first boss and now I need to restart from the beginning completely?

yeah.. not very fun

Just happened to me. Looks like you can skip enemies though unless the doors get locked. That should make the trip back easier. Thought you had to fight everything.

Also didn't know you could press down on d-pad for items. I think I got it this time.

Exentryk

Is it intended for me to spam the gun drone at all times? I've just been holding R1 and spamming L2 during every fight nonstop and sometimes it feels awkward but it definitely gets the job done.

It is more efficient to have Pod-Fire held down all the time, but it is certainly not a necessity. In turn, you'll get to use more sword combos.

I'll be changing that pod-fire button into a toggle so I don't have to hold it down, on PC.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
It is more efficient to have Pod-Fire held down all the time, but it is certainly not a necessity. In turn, you'll get to use more sword combos.

I'll be changing that pod-fire button into a toggle so I don't have to hold it down, on PC.
I saw an auto-fire perk for sale at the beginning, but it said for easy mode only.

Is there a consensus on difficulties? What should be chosen for what type of playerstuff?

I'm generally pretty good with character action games, but I don't want a punishing grind based on the rpg systems

Weiss

Banned
I'm in the desert now and
oh fuck this is Facade isn't it aaaaaagggghhhh

Also is it just me or are the access points
vending machines?

K.Sabot

Holding the fire button down was so unsatisfying, I stopped about 20% into the game and tried to melee as much as possible.

I think I made the correct decision, probably wouldn't have been fun if I just ran away and held down R1 to kill everything.

My Black Box Edition arrived today!!! One day earlier than I expected. Only thing is that the front corner was damaged and wrinkled and it's really bothering the heck out of me.

Don't know if contacting the Square Enix Store will help in any way...

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well got this in although I won't touch it till after the PC release since I only want to take a peek at the artbook and OST after I've beaten the game.
DExcvlAl.jpg

naYwnCel.png

I've been looking forward to this for a long time! I can wait another week for the PC version since I resisted the JP release. lol

So I feel like I am rushing. I am 3 hours in and
just got to the amusement park
is that about right? Cuz I have been trying to explore a lot and stuff too

I've got my copy in my system and wanna play so bad but I need to catch up on Spanish and study for the mid term, yet I'm on gaf procrastinating😫

Anyone? There doesn't seem to be anything else to collect in the quest areas, enemies dont respawn either
Doing the early Supply Trader/Weapon Dealer quests. When I went to the marked areas, I didnt receive all the items needed to complete the quests (ie 2 complex gadgets, needed 4). Did I miss something/doing something wrong?

Roussow

So I feel like I am rushing. I am 3 hours in and
just got to the amusement park
is that about right? Cuz I have been trying to explore a lot and stuff too

It's totally fine, the game gives you more opportunities to explore than you'd expect -- even post the point of no return(s).

Is there a consensus on difficulties? What should be chosen for what type of playerstuff?

I'm generally pretty good with character action games, but I don't want a punishing grind based on the rpg systems

I would also like to know which difficulty to pick

So should I play this on hard? That was my preference in the demo

I started on hard. I died 3 times in the demo section and say screw it. If there wasn't the risk of losing 30 minutes of progress in the beginning when you die I'd say go for it but It's plenty fun on normal. I like hard games too, big fan of Soulsborne and Nioh, but there is nothing fun about replaying the intro.

pezzie

What is the game's save system like?

There is no auto save. There are save points that project a radius around it that while you are standing in that radius, you can save.

Some are very large, some not so large.

There is a quick save in the menu so really you can save the game while standing in one of these zones in 3 button presses.

watdaeff4

Anyone? There doesn't seem to be anything else to collect in the quest areas, enemies dont respawn either

One of those two first quests, the items you need don't drop from the enemies, but you have the search around as they are lying on the ground. (in the designated marker circle)

TheFlow

Banned
OMG the game opened up so much after Boss 1. holy shit.

Also the OST is incredible. I want to buy a cd.

P.s that boss fight in the desert
the baby.
was incredible.

This game is full on Zone of enders 2 with a mix of dark souls and I love it. challenging but fair.

balancing between this and horizon is too much

Moonkid

Only two more sleeps until I get my hands on the impossible-sequel o__o, uni starting up is keeping me occupied thankfully.

Jiraiza

Is there an easy mode?

Easy, Normal, Hard, and Very Hard.

OMG the game opened up so much after Boss 1. holy shit.

Also the OST is incredible. I want to buy a cd.

P.s that boss fight in the desert
the baby.
was incredible.

This game is full on Zone of enders 2 with a mix of dark souls and I love it. challenging but fair.

balancing between this and horizon is too much

http://amzn.asia/4ptN62a

Top Bottom