• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

LotusHD

Banned
Yea... it is not worth it to do the beginning section in Hard mode. Died once and immediately changed it to Normal. Now I'll likely change it back now that I'm done with it.

Boogins

Going to go ahead and echo the keep it to normal for the prologue folks. Getting to the end to get stun locked in the air is great
it's not
so time to give this another go.

TissueBox

So without spoiling it too much since I don't have the game, how do you get different endings? Like what do you have to do?

Just keep playing is the meat of it. You'll see how it's structured once you near the end-end.

As for the rest of the joke endings they can be triggered by certain funny deaths or fails that vary depending on where/when you are.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So without spoiling it too much since I don't have the game, how do you get different endings? Like what do you have to do?

They are not different endings, they are different playthroughs, but they are structured like visual novel where you play from different perspectives and have different story arcs to expand the lore and story

WetWaffle

Just keep playing is the meat of it. You'll see how it's structured once you near the end-end.

As for the rest of the joke endings they can be triggered by certain funny deaths or fails that vary depending on where/when you are.

They are not different endings, they are different playthroughs, but they are structured like visual novel where you play from different perspectives and have different story arcs to expand the lore and story

Alright, thanks for answering. Back to blackout mode.

N° 2048

Man, closing in on %100 completion and I'm starting to feel empty lol :(...took me about 60 hours.
I wish I could forget this game and experience it all over again for the first time. It's so fucking good. I don't see how any game other than Persona 5 can top this for my GOTY 2017. I can also see this being the rare game I replay.

Just traded in like 25+ machine cores, at 2million G o_O

This game is one of the best games I've played in recent years.

AsakuraZ

The music at that
amusement park
is just unbelievably good. I'm sure I just stood there for a few minutes listening in. Especially love it when the strings come in.

Quick question, how do you get back to the
abandoned factory
??

so i am doing the
lost sister
side quest and was wondering what to do.
I just did the first fight with 3 machines surround us yet she won't move after I defeat them. I got the dented plate from around the area too. idk what to do
so any help would be awesome

The music at that
amusement park
is just unbelievably good. I'm sure I just stood there for a few minutes listening in. Especially love it when the strings come in.

abandoned factory
??

In the central area of the
city ruins where you first land in, there's a destroyed highway overlooking the area, with a truck below it. If you go up that way and follow it you can go back to the factory.

so i am doing the
lost sister
side quest and was wondering what to do.
I just did the first fight with 3 machines surround us yet she won't move after I defeat them. I got the dented plate from around the area too. idk what to do
so any help would be awesome

Either there's an
enemy hidden nearby in the sand stopping her from moving, or you may have to go a distance away from her in order to reset her. That happened to me first time but was fine after.
The latter part may have been fixed in the latest patch.

AsakuraZ

In the central area of the
city ruins where you first land in, there's a destroyed highway overlooking the area, with a truck below it. If you go up that way and follow it you can go back to the factory.

Thanks! I went up there but didn't want to venture out too far away since I was clearing side quests at the moment

Coda

Man, closing in on %100 completion and I'm starting to feel empty lol :(...took me about 60 hours.
I wish I could forget this game and experience it all over again for the first time. It's so fucking good. I don't see how any game other than Persona 5 can top this for my GOTY 2017. I can also see this being the rare game I replay.

Just traded in like 25+ machine cores, at 2million G o_O

Lol my feelings are the same, but in the best way. Game is God Tier to me and I also have over 60 hours now. Easily the best open world game I've played in probably 5 plus years. It's just so expansive and beautiful. Plus riding animals is super fun.
Still stuck at 92% Unit Data. I think I have to kill more of those Golden Robo guys towards 9S' storyline, I haven't found them yet. Played the Secret Emil Boss in the desert though and got ending Y finally. :)

Mana Sin

abandoned factory
??

Do you mean the demo/tutorial area?
If you orient your map with the Resistance Camp as South, It's to the West towards the area with two parallel, vertical lines. That's where you had the first boss fight in the abandoned factory. You have to find a broken highway to get there.

ZangBa

Here I am thinking I'm just proceeding with the story to unlock areas for sidequests, next thing I know I got the
first ending
. I hope my sidequests didn't reset lol.

Weiss

Banned
So if anyone is worried that the weirdness has been watered down, let me assure you, it has not and you'll see that in the first real boss fight.

Jesus H, it has not.

Coda

Here I am thinking I'm just proceeding with the story to unlock areas for sidequests, next thing I know I got the
first ending
. I hope my sidequests didn't reset lol.

Nah you good, all your completed sidequests roll over and you can just continue them in your route B playthrough.

C53Ly9ZVAAAmY2Y.jpg

Nier Automata has a better more flesh out story about FFXV than FFXV.

alt27

Any estimates on the length of this game? Got Mass Effect coming out on 21st and wondering if this can be bought and finished by then?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Beat the game finally last night (been playing since the JP release).

Got all the relevant endings.

...Soul crushing, brilliant, incredibly unique. This is the best game Yoko Taro has been involved in.

Get all the endings. It's totally worth it.

Any estimates on the length of this game? Got Mass Effect coming out on 21st and wondering if this can be bought and finished by then?

40 hours or so.

Definitely. Took me about 30-35 hours for all the main story stuff.

Beat the game finally last night (been playing since the JP release).

Got all the relevant endings.

...Soul crushing, brilliant, incredibly unique. This is the best game Yoko Taro has been involved in.

Get all the endings. It's totally worth it.

1000% agree.

One of the very best games I've played recently, gameplay, story, music, pretty much everything is top notch.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I just beat the first boss in the desert, and I'm kinda shocked at how straightforward this game feels so far. The shmup genre blend at the beginning was the only thing that stands out as that weird Nier-ness so far.

Any advice on how to not fall asleep while playing this. The music makes me extremely drowsy. 😪😪😪
I think I had the exact same issue with first game.

Picked this and Horizon up earlier today. Unfortunately I have to work a 12 hour shift (7pm-7am EST) so I can't play for another... 10 hours now. I'm pretty pumped. Got it installed and patched before I left for work so I should be good to go the second I get home. Gonna dive into this before Horizon, but it was a tough choice.

Top Bottom