• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

First playthrough done in about 9 hours with 2B being level 23.

I'll wait for tomorrow for the second one.

The last hour was insanely good, can't wait to dive back in.

Samaritan

Where can I find
Gestalt Report
7? It's the only one I still need and I can't for the life of me think of where it might be hiding.

I can't help but feel like NieR: Automata and Persona 5 can be thematically linked after finishing the game.

Final Ending Spoilers:
NieR: Automata feels like it's laying bare the underlying rules of the world & the finite - yet connected & continued - lives we all share. Persona 5 feels like it will tackle mustering the power to live in that finite, sometimes unfair world.

depths20XX

So exactly how long am I supposed to be waiting at this screen?

OX1L2jy.jpg

Second time I've played through the intro and it just sits here. Last time I waited over an hour.

So exactly how long am I supposed to be waiting at this screen?

http://i.imgur.com/OX1L2jy.jpg[img]

Second time I've played through the intro and it just sits here. Last time I waited over an hour.[/QUOTE]

I think that the game hasn't finished downloading/installing. Go to the dashboard and check the files.

Wagram

Started a bit ago. I like what I've played but I'm really annoyed with the save system so far. I'm on hard mode and just lost 40 minutes of progress since they don't let you save ever apparently.

Started a bit ago. I like what I've played but I'm really annoyed with the save system so far. I'm on hard mode and just lost 40 minutes of progress since they don't let you save ever apparently.

Blame the reviewer that docked original NieR for not having Autosave :D

So...

Normal or Hard to start?

Normal until you can save is ideally the best. Hard/Vhard isn't to be underestimated.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So...

Normal or Hard to start?

Normal. Hard isn't as well planned or balanced in this game as many of platinums classics sadly. Factor in the mandatory unskippable cutscenes and the long gap to the first save opportunity and normal is a no-brainier for a first play. Can always change at any time if you want to try hard later on too.

ChanMan

Finally got a deep dive into it tonight and I love it, for some reason it gives me the feeling of when I first played Xenogears.

Squire

Banned
Just played a couple hours. Really really feeling it so far. This honestly feels like everything I want from a modern JRPG. I have trouble even figuring out where to start.

First off, the intro is excellent.
Taro is immediately doing that bounce between drama and dark comedy and it totally works.
The demo area makes it clear they tuned up the difficulty on Nornal and tightened the timing on the dodge (witch time, baby). Feels good. Real good.

But after that. Oh man.

The grayscale look of the base. The shot that zooms out to show 2B looking out of the window. The subtle sadness when she finds out 9S couldn't upload his memories. Setting your settings with 9S (the sound part with his voice may have completely endeared him to me. He's adorable.) The immediate charm of the writing just walking around the base, talking to the soldiers and operators. The propaganda piece from the Council of Humanity.

And the music. My god, it's all so so good already. I just got to
the desert area where the song with J'Niece Nicole's vocals play.

Obviously the combat is super satisfying and yeah, the actual stuff you'd expect from an RPG is here as far as weapons/items/quests/etc. but man, this story already feels really well-written and cinematic in a way I haven't seen SE do in ages. And this is Taro and PG!

Love it. It's oozing with charm too. Oozing. Favorite bits so far have been
9S getting flustered and the fortune telling email from 6O.

About 9.5 hours in and no idea how close I am to the first ending.

I've just been told to go to the
coast
, but I've been doing everyone's side quests so I don't have any clue how far I am. Can anyone give me a ballpark?

coast
, but I've been doing everyone's side quests so I don't have any clue how far I am.

I would say that you're past the mid point. With your pace you're likely to have at least about 3-4 more hours.

coast
, but I've been doing everyone's side quests so I don't have any clue how far I am. Can anyone give me a ballpark?

You're right before the point of no return BTW. If you want to clean up sidequests do them now.

Amazon finally getting my copy ready for shipment, so hopefully I'll be able to dive in by Monday night. Also clicked on the spoiler thread by accident, fucking lol I hate myself sometimes.

Wagram

Might set it to normal. Got to the first boss and died in 1 hit. Lost another 30 minutes. Nope. I like the difficulty, but lack of save at this point is awful.

My feeds are full of people saying how they are disappointed in nier, but atleast the story was interesting, but short and doesnt go anywhere.
lol the "i finished the game" shit pisses me off, yoko why are you like this.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
My feeds are full of people saying how they are disappointed in nier, but atleast the story was interesting, but short and doesnt go anywhere.

These people have clearly not played visual novels

Hektor

Disappointing but not totally unexpected to hear.

Exentryk

My feeds and comments here are all praising this game. The shocking reactions have been the best part, lol! I can only imagine getting further in will make it even better for them.

Route A

Anyone got a link to the scene where you first find the
Aliens
and meet
Adam and Eve
?

I got distracted by the fight and missed half of the dialogues.

Thanks.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Like obviously i get the disappointment as an action game, but if you liked the story, the game literally says "HEY, its not over yet, carry on mate".
edit: Well unless they patched that out in English version?

Even if they did, no excuse as a glance at the Trophy list should leave noone in any doubt that there's a lot more than whats in the initial playthrough

Majmun

Spent almost 6 hours with the game. It's amazing. Nier with perfected gameplay. Still can't believe this game excists...

Playing on normal difficulty. It has been quite easy so far. I expect to be very overpowered with the right chip sets soon. But I don't mind that. Really enjoying the game.

Weiss

Banned
I don't know how to feel about the machines
actually being peaceful, or at least Pascal's group. It feels like a retread of NieR's plot, though I imagine that that's the point and why it's made clear from the beginning rather than having a big reveal near the end.

6O, meanwhile, is incredible and I love her.

Top Bottom