• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

FingerBang

25 hours in, got ending A and B, just started the game again and I can only say WTF.

Am I the only one who enjoyed the second playthrough more than the first one?

KodaRuss

Amazon fucked up my preorder. Still not delivered. They are promising by the 9th now. Amazon is fucking terrible with their preorder dates, this happens to me all the time but never 3 days late.....

psychotron

Where the hell is the second
fan
in the amusement park. This game keeps hitting me with side stuff, but I can't seem to consistently keep track of main missions.

Caim

Where the hell is the second
fan
in the amusement park. This game keeps hitting me with side stuff, but I can't seem to consistently keep track of main missions.

I think they are on the main path to the left if you're at the entrance.

Moaradin

Amazon fucked up my preorder. Still not delivered. They are promising by the 9th now. Amazon is fucking terrible with their preorder dates, this happens to me all the time but never 3 days late.....

Yup, same thing happened to me. Was supposed to get it on the 7th but apparently it was placed by an incorrect carrier. Now it's sitting at an amazon facility.

Wagram

So i'm about 5 hours in. I posted a few times last night and while I loved the first hour I was getting sick of replaying it over and over due to being 1 shot by the boss. I dropped to normal and then put it on hard again when I hit the first save point. Much more manageable now that saves are plentiful and even bosses seem to restart you in-front of them.

Games pretty incredible too. The story is pretty intriguing, exploration is actually fun (better than Horizon I might add), OST has potential to top the first game (is that even possible?) combat is the best, chip system is cool, etc.

I'm really liking it. I hope in the end the story sits up there with Nier, but man is this fun to play. It's super weird.

Voke

Banned
Back at 90? Good now I can enjoy playing it again, once it hit 89 I lost all enjoyment and motivation to play.

Aurizen

I'm gonna try to find the Phoenix Sword. I think thats a good sword to have from beginning to end. And the Machine sword.

psychotron

This is for the Sartre sidequest right? There are three fans, one in the village, amusement park, and near the beginning of desert housing.

Desert you say? Odd because the description says two are at the amusement park. I'm having a real pain navigating in this game, even with the map.

Satch

Banned
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png

EDIT:
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png

For people who have played it, does this game still do all the wacky genre-blending that Nier did with the game randomly turning into a 2D platformer, Fixed-Camera survival horror, and text-adventure at times?

Sami+

God damn this game is punishing. I just got to the very first combat area after the
flying section
, died, and have to do the whole thing over.

Rip.

Playing on Hard but if death is gonna be this harsh I might go Normal.

Exentryk

For people who have played it, does this game still do all the wacky genre-blending that Nier did with the game randomly turning into a 2D platformer, Fixed-Camera survival horror, and text-adventure at times?

Yes. There is a free demo on PSN if you want to try it out.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Yes.

A number of times it becomes a 2D sidescrollers, a lot of times it becomes a shmup, sometimes it becomes a VN.

Ourobolus

Banned
Dammit, I was running around the desert with the scanner, and now I have "Loading Map" on the screen for the past two minutes. Doesn't seem like it's going to resolve itself...fuck

LotusHD

Banned
God damn this game is punishing. I just got to the very first combat area after the
flying section
, died, and have to do the whole thing over.

Rip.

Playing on Hard but if death is gonna be this harsh I might go Normal.

Change it now before you get pissed off lol

Whales

Banned
hey guys, any of you know where to find the day 1 edition dlc? I redeemed my code but can't find it anywhere in the game

Top Bottom