• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Samikaze

checked and it wasnt there but

I closed the app on ps4 and had to relaunch to see them, so thanks you two! I can finally equip that sweet ass headgear

enhanced-30396-1455840762-1.jpg

Wagram

You know, at first I didn't really believe the OST could top the original game, but like I think it has and i'm only 10% into the game. Every single song is memorable and on point. In a year with great soundtracks like Horizon, Gravity Rush 2, and Nioh.

Okabe is on another level when he puts in the effort.

Ourobolus

Banned
You know, at first I didn't really believe the OST could top the original game, but like I think it has and i'm only 10% into the game. Every single song is memorable and on point. In a year with great soundtracks like Horizon, Gravity Rush 2, and Nioh.

Okabe is on another level when he puts in the effort.

I think Nier might have higher highs than Automata, but I think there are more quality songs as a whole in Automata.

Samikaze

I think Nier might have higher highs than Automata, but I think there are more quality songs as a whole in Automata.

I agree. I've been listening to it while at work. haven't had much time to play the game, so I'm listening to them out of context and some are just amazing.
"Weight of the World" is a more casual song, but just hits all the same emotions in the game.

FrankWza

checked and it wasnt there but

I closed the app on ps4 and had to relaunch to see them, so thanks you two! I can finally equip that sweet ass headgear

No prob. That should actually be put into the OP since ive seen a few people asking about this. It may need to be downloaded and applied before the game is launched or something.

I spent a long time on it on Hard mode. Not very fun.

Cleared it first try on hard mode, and I don't consider myself anything special at action games. What chips did you have?

It may just be me having a melee defense +6 chip and a good supply of recovery items though.

Jiraiza

Cleared it first try on hard mode, and I don't consider myself anything special at action games. What chips did you have?

It may just be me having a melee defense +6 chip and a good supply of recovery items though.

Yeah, that's probably why. I didn't have any defense chips, so I was getting one shotted by everything. Next boss was even worse since I somehow bugged him which made the stubbies spawn infinitely even at the beginning of the fight.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Near the start of the game, at the weapons trader, why is ancient overlord more expensive than beastbane yet beastbane has higher attack and more combo strings?(i'm assuming combo means the amount of hits in a string)

Near the start of the game, at the weapons trader, why is ancient overlord more expensive than beastbane yet beastbane has higher attack and more combo strings?(i'm assuming combo means the amount of hits in a string)

It gets the crit effect, and crits are ridiculously OP. They do 5x damage.

Once you get your hands on Fang of the Twins, it is strictly suboptimal to ever let it go.

Hikami

Question about sidequests. endings, routes and all that.

Not too far in the game I think, just beat the boss at the
Amusement Park.

So the game opened up with sidequests it looks like because there's red dots everywhere. Are they timed? Like, will some go away if I advance the story?
Can I do these sidequests on another route or whatever?

Crits do 5x damage?! Damn! Guess I'll be adding that crit up chip to my max attack build.

Yup. Fang of the Twins is the only reason I was able to retain a shred of sanity finishing
Father Servo
in my 20s.

I don't know what the DPS is like compared to just hammering away with something like the spear-greatsword combo, but stacking charge attack chips and critting on the last hit of a charge attack is probably the most damage you can do in the game. Super satisfying.

Question about sidequests. endings, routes and all that.

Not too far in the game I think, just beat the boss at the
Amusement Park.

So the game opened up with sidequests it looks like because there's red dots everywhere. Are they timed? Like, will some go away if I advance the story?
Can I do these sidequests on another route or whatever?

Later you will get a chapter select, so don't worry. Finished it today till the true ending. What a great game, was fun all around.

Whales

Banned
I really don't understand why a lot of people have beef with the changing camera angles

it's honestly fucking dope, especially during bosse battles

Exentryk

Yup. Fang of the Twins is the only reason I was able to retain a shred of sanity finishing
Father Servo
in my 20s.

I don't know what the DPS is like compared to just hammering away with something like the spear-greatsword combo, but stacking charge attack chips and critting on the last hit of a charge attack is probably the most damage you can do in the game. Super satisfying.

This is sounding really good. Can't wait to do one hit kill vids for bosses or whatever, lol.

hughesta

Banned
Just fought the
weird naked android dude in the desert for the first time.
I heard beating Route A took around 10 or so hours but I've already played for over 4.... that can't be right, can it?

Jiraiza

Just fought the
weird naked android dude in the desert for the first time.
I heard beating Route A took around 10 or so hours but I've already ayed for over 4.... that can't be right, can it?

For people who rush, it's right. Don't even worry about the length. Because you'll be having fun with a lot of other stuff than worrying about playtime length.

Whales

Banned
Just you wait until the end.

Oh boy you're in for a good time.

I've only fought the second boss too, the
opera/dancer one
. I really like the game so far. It's a shame I never played the first Nier so i don't understand the lore too much... I tried to watch a 30mins recap video of drakenguard to nier but I honestly didnt understand shit lol

I liked the variety, the change of camera or the music transitions, also the neat mini games.

yeah, the music is also so good... I love the music in this game

opera/dancer one
. I really like the game so far. It's a shame I never played the first Nier so i don't understand the lore too much... I tried to watch a 30mins recap video of drakenguard to nier but I honestly didnt understand shit lol

yeah, the music is also so good... I love the music in this game

Oh you are pretty much at the beginning, game is getting greater the farther you in :)

opera/dancer one

The 30 minute one is a LOT of information crammed into just a little bit of space.

Check out the Clemps Analyses in the OP, much better, if you've got the time.

Whales

Banned
The 30 minute one is a LOT of information crammed into just a little bit of space.

Check out the Clemps Analyses in the OP, much better, if you've got the time.

oh damn... I wish I would've seen that during my spring break. Oh well, i'll watch them all eventually but it might take me some time

Thanks for the info!!

Caim

Do we have any idea if Boost Mode will work with Automata? Just saw the PS4 4.5 update.

I think Boost Mode is for games that don't have Pro support which was why Bloodborne was somewhat effected by it.

I'm on the beta though so that may change with the full release.

opera/dancer one

I'll never stop saying it, the less you know the less questions you have. The entire game is a mindfuck (so far) if you know the drakengardverse. It might actually be better to look into the previous stuff after you finish with automata.

Finally started. I had to free up some drive space (sorry DooM). Kind of disappointed in myself though. I kept getting bodied on hard and eventually dropped down to normal.
Though ending W was amusing, at least the first time. Oh and is it me or does the game punish you for trying to continue by throwing random things at you?

Riptwo

I finally booted this game up, finished the area from the demo, made it to a kiosk, and promptly sold a vital component just to see if the game would let me. It did, and the credits rolled. 11/10!

The nier ost could never be topped I said, you can't improve perfection I said, nier automata ost could at beat be second place I said......

I need this album on CD tonight.

Top Bottom