• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

ike_

The nier ost could never be topped I said, you can't improve perfection I said, nier automata ost could at beat be second place I said......

I need this album on CD tonight.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Playing more tonight made me realize how familiar yet distinct it is. So good.

Aurizen

Anyone got the Phoenix Sword? I've been looking and I haven't found it. I see you need hacking. When do you get that? I'm about 6 hrs in.
just met Pascal

Ah i see. That sucks... What Large sword do I get that's better than that :(

Did you pick up the Fang of the Twins in the desert apartment complex? It's got the smallest damage variance and is fairly easy to upgrade early. I used it all the way through until my favorite became available.

Naite

Oh boy. I was trying to grab an item I missed after beating
Adam and accidentally triggered ending I.

I forgot the last time I saved too but it probably wasn't very recent.

It's a bummer that so many people are deep into the game already while I still can't pick it up :( Will get my copy tomorrow, but considering I want to go in blind and absolutely want to avoid any spoilers it's not very possible to participate in this thread </3

Hope everyone is enjoying it though!

deadfolk

Just watched a YouTube review where the guy criticized the game for having a story like
"Someone's descent into hell whilst having a Ghost in the Shell fever dream in an old peoples' home".

Sounds right up my alley.

Neolith

this game is something special. I would have never guessed in a million years we'd be getting a sequel to the original. Just finished the second boss in the desert
THIS CANNOT CONTINUE!

Majmun

im....................... going to cry myself to sleep

good
night

Sleep well!!

I know that feeling. Played this game until 3am last night. Took three days off from work just for this game lol

I haven't done that since FFX-2 :p

Hektor

Just got my BBE and everything in it is really high quality, i'm very happy now.

Should be expected by the price, but still relieving to see.

That said, i unfortunately can confirm that the Amazarashi Pod Skin DLC from the NieR x Amazarshi collaboration Single is not activatable on EU accounts.

Xater

I will get this game tomorrow and I need to know if I should start it on hard. I found what was in the demo to be very easy. Or is the difficulty maybe adjustable at any time?

jrush64

Banned
So I played through the first part but died at the end during the boss
with two saws of whatever
. I have to start from the beginning again? I dont have time for that bullshit.

Zakalwe

Banned
Nice surprise. Just walked into a local store to ask if they'll have copies in tomorrow and they're selling it today!

Got gouged a little on the price, but I'll take it as a day early tax. If anyone's interested the shop's in Streatham, south London and they have two copies left. PM me for details.

On my way home now to play. :)

Stalk

Someone has stuck the Music Concert & Talk live disc up on youtube (that's the one that comes with the collectors edition yeah?) and I'm having a listen through. Loving most of the tracks, not so fond of the alternate singer for some tracks since she has a bit of a weak voice, trouble holding the note.

One thing I regret cancelling my CE for hah.

Caim

I will get this game tomorrow and I need to know if I should start it on hard. I found what was in the demo to be very easy. Or is the difficulty maybe adjustable at any time?

Enemies seem to hit harder than they did in the demo, but yeah difficulty can be changed at any time.

Top Bottom