• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Exentryk

Quite a few of my chips I have multiples of equipped, does that matter for anything? I'm still early on.

You can synth them to make better versions of them. The cost will go up slightly, but the output/cost ratios are a lot better. Also note that there is a cap to the bonuses chips give, so you can equip one or many, but eventually you'll hit the cap.

Samikaze

What is the nature of loot in this game? What about armor/weapons? Is it Souls style or Diablo style?

Weapons are much more like Souls, where you find/buy them and can upgrade them if you have the materials and currency. There are no extra armors, but you can add things like masks and bows for vanity items.

Loot is just craftable items, occasional weapons, and consumables.

Moonkid

You can synth them to make better versions of them. The cost will go up slightly, but the output/cost ratios are a lot better. Also note that there is a cap to the bonuses chips give, so you can equip one or many, but eventually you'll hit the cap.
Ah cheers. I removed the text log chips and item names wouldn't show up when picked up ;_;

Satch

Banned
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS GAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ROUTE C SPOILERS
THIS GIANT FIGHT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Satch

Banned
THIS GAME IS TRASH
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png

The mistake i initially made was trying to play it like a platinum game (not using items at all) was then legit shook when no combat ratings appeared after a fight so now i use restoratives like candy

Weiss

Banned
Route B/acquiring Pod B spoilers:

Can I acquire Pod B in this route? 9S disappears around this time and I need to fish for it.

ike_

Ending A was
pretty amazing for an ending that doesn't explain a damn thing. I mean I still have almost no idea what is happening in most of that intro cinematic. This game is killing it in terms of presentation though.

I grabbed some rum & cranberry juice (ugh) for the trip to ending B tonight. Figured it was a suitably weird drink combo for this phenomenally weird game.

Moaradin

Like strategically dying to block you? or NPCs?

Either way, just jump over them and land on the ladder.

Yeah, there was a couple player bodies right on top of a ladder. Whenever I tried to climb up, 2b would fall off. I had to do some weird jumping shenanigans to get over it.

People already might be finding ways to grief players with the online features lol.

You're talking about the village, right? Drives me crazy.

Yup. We might be thinking of the same ladder.

Samikaze

Yeah, there was a couple player bodies right on top of a ladder. Whenever I tried to climb up, 2b would fall off. I had to do some weird jumping shenanigans to get over it.

People already might be finding ways to grief players with the online features lol.

Oh! At the top? Yeah, that sucks lol.
Points for creativity. At least you can repair them and make them do your bidding.

Side note: WOO this OT put me over my limit. I am now no longer Junior Member after a year :)

Satch

Banned
you know, i was really worried about enemy variety in this game, but they made it work and i had nothing to worry about after all

how???????

george_us

you know, i was really worried about enemy variety in this game, but they made it work and i had nothing to worry about after all

how???????
I remember being a little worried when SE and Platinum would only show off debug footage of the game.

How I couldn't have been more wrong.

I did the same thing and I feel AWFUL :(((
I know right?! I don't have a recent save since before the retrieving her body and did a couple other quests since then, reallyyyy don't wanna make that run again but I need to know! I figured I was making the right choice but damn. First side quest to make me feel legit bad.

Rainy

Banned
Damn this game needs a lot of space to install haha. I have more than 46.7 GB free but it still isn't letting me install :x guess I have to free up more space.

Moaradin

Just beat the second boss. This game is incredible. And OMG the music! It was gonna be hard to live up to the first game in the department, but it's doing it so far. I love the
Pascal's Village
music.

The mood whiplash sidequests manage to be so simple in writing & principle, but hit super hard with its end.

The Treasure Hunt in the Castle & the Parade.

Top Bottom