• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Satch

Banned
Are ya'll completely skipping side quests to beat the game once so fast? I'm 12 hrs in doing various quests.

the first route i did i took a long time because i was doing side quests, and then route b is mostly the same so you dont have those sidequests to do so i spend less time doing them. and then in route C ive also done some sidequests. i keep thinking im at the end of route C and it just keeps going deeper and crazier

「 aji wo [K]utta 」

C6eJBDWVQAAlMlc.jpg

Eat the fish.

Satch

Banned
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

--------ROUTE C SPOILER------------

I ACTUALLY SHOUTED OUT LOUD WHEN I GOT TO
THE LIBRARY

Rainy

Banned
Just started, well I played about an hour and a half, and I'm at
the resistance camp
. Stopped to get some food. Might just play more tomorrow. God it's a lot of fun, and wow the music is incredible.

I'm pretty much gonna be switching between this and Zelda all weekend. Sounds like a good time :)

anddo0

Is anyone else experiencing extreme performance issues with the Pro?

My game micro-stutters like crazy.. I usually have a high tolerance for this stuff, but it's very apparent in this game.

I haven't gotten to ending c yet but I can safely say this is both platinums and taros best work. Taro instead of using twists really hammers the moments in a way that it just aweinspiring, to me he's really kojima level maybe higher. And the combat, at first I thought it was basic but there's so many ways to customize it, just fuck me this was better then the dream game i had in my head.

For context where I am I just finished the first part of watching a2 and 9s and about to jump back in. Taro really loves his horrible people main characters but this is a whole other level from nier. I really thought nothing would top nier for me as a story but man this is doing it for me. I don't know how many endings there are or how much is left but even if the game did end at a I would have walked away mostly fine. This is, sorry I'm gushing just wow. I've never been prouder of my avatar I will never change it.

Also I've decided in real life in getting a tattoo of Emil, it'll be my first but i love this and og nier that much.

Naite

Fuck the speed star mission. I forgot to finish the 3rd race on my first run so I tried it during route B. Failed it again and went to retry. While it was counting down the start of the 3rd race (and I still didn't have control yet), a flying bomber came up to me and blew me off the building.

LotusHD

Banned
There must be some seriously bad shit that goes down for there to be 9S haters. He's been so endearing so far. (Still on Route A)

Moaradin

Should I wait to get fast travel before doing all these sidequest? I got 10 quest in my log right now and they're all over the map. Running around will take forever.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Fuck. Why did I start this game up when I still have barely started Horizon and Zelda(among other 2017 releases).

Reached the first town and did a few sidequests and I am in love. Gotta decide what to dig into before Persona 5 now and these last two hours made the decision even harder.
I think I may want Nier ahead of even those two...

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I don't mean to be 'that guy' but i'm kind of stuck...

where do you go after you kill the EMP monster? I went to P&D to get some thingy? What now?

There must be some seriously bad shit that goes down for there to be 9S haters. He's been so endearing so far. (Still on Route A)

I don't really have an issue with him, his character arc is completely reasonable based on events that transpire.

Some people just want to label everything 'emo' and 'edgy' cause apparently we're still in high school and have no concepts beyond that

Is anyone else experiencing extreme performance issues with the Pro?

My game micro-stutters like crazy.. I usually have a high tolerance for this stuff, but it's very apparent in this game.

Yeah I've started noticing that too. It's only in certain areas but it's definitely more frequent than I'd prefer.

Top Bottom