• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Moonkid

Went around the factory but couldn't seem to find anything 11B related. Picked up the katana but that was the only thing of note there, whereabouts should I head?

Masked Man

I said wow
Question:
I've encountered several locked doors around the world—Desert, Flooded City, etc.—but the apologetic robot in front of them keeps telling me I'm not authorized to enter yet. When will I acquire said authorization? Fwiw, I've played through Ending E.

psychotron

The performance issues in this game are really hurting the experience. It's constantly stuttering. Only a few areas actually seem smooth, which I did not expect. That and the terrible map / waypoint system have dropped my opinion of it. There have been some excellent moments in the 8 hours I've put in so far, but it could be so much better with a performance patch.

Samikaze

The performance issues in this game are really hurting the experience. It's constantly stuttering. Only a few areas actually seem smooth, which I did not expect. That and the terrible map / waypoint system have dropped my opinion of it. There have been some excellent moments in the 8 hours I've put in so far, but it could be so much better with a performance patch.

What were the performance issues? I had them during a fight with one enemy type,
(snake-like drill things in the city's crater)
but it only affected their movements. The rest of the world was moving at 60fps. I'm think that was more of a bizarre design.

Question:
I've encountered several locked doors around the world—Desert, Flooded City, etc.—but the apologetic robot in front of them keeps telling me I'm not authorized to enter yet. When will I acquire said authorization? Fwiw, I've played through Ending E.

This is actually still being investigated lol

One theory going around is
DLC to come

psychotron

What were the performance issues? I had them during a fight with one enemy type,
(snake-like drill things in the city's crater)
but it only affected their movements. The rest of the world was moving at 60fps. I'm think that was more of a bizarre design.

It runs at 60, but has frame timing spikes that cause micro stutter and hitching. It was mentioned in the DF analysis, but damn it's bad. I even reinstalled thinking it must be my system...nope. I know people can overlook things because the rest of a game is amazing, but damn.

Strings

Question:

It's DLC, as far as I can tell.

Regarding 11B's memento

I kept the log files from her GF, did I make the right decision??

I did the same thing and I feel AWFUL :(((

I know right?! I don't have a recent save since before the retrieving her body and did a couple other quests since then, reallyyyy don't wanna make that run again but I need to know! I figured I was making the right choice but damn. First side quest to make me feel legit bad.

The two options reveal different things:
  • If you keep
    the log files hidden, she will remain sad and reminice about how nice she was, and how she loved her.
  • If you show
    her the log files, she will laugh and reveal that 11B beat her and manipulated her, and was always a hardass with her, laughing about how she deserted in the end.
Both options end with
her giving 2B a bunch of high quality chips and items, saying she doesn't need to protect herself anymore.

(She was in an abusive relationship with her, and her not needing to protect herself anymore can be taken two ways.)

Okay, I LOVE the side quests in this game.

Just watched machines preform
Romeo and Juliet
. The reaction that you get from
crowd, afterwards
were pure gold lol

• If you keep
    the log files hidden, she will remain sad and reminice about how nice she was, and how she loved her.
  • If you show
    her the log files, she will laugh and reveal that 11B beat her and manipulated her, and was always a hardass with her, laughing about how she deserted in the end.
Both options end with
her giving 2B a bunch of high quality chips and items, saying she doesn't need to protect herself anymore.

(She was in an abusive relationship with her, and her not needing to protect herself anymore can be taken two ways.)

holy shit

• If you keep
  • If you show
Both options end with

wow hahahaha. My only guilt was that now she wanted to now become a battle Android to avenge her, and I was kinda thinking I'd be responsible for her death.

In the castle, 2B closed a chest saying she didn't need the contents. And I can't seem to get in the very top level. Can I not access it right now?

Avalt

Finally got my hands on my black box edition. Pretty happy with the figurine.
gFRVj1d.jpg

Gonna wait till I beat Horizon before I can start this game thou :p

TissueBox

Zoro and 2B... I'd ship it..!!

In the castle, 2B closed a chest saying she didn't need the contents. And I can't seem to get in the very top level. Can I not access it right now?

Not sure about the top part of the castle but the chest will become important in a side quest you get after you clear the zone.

Samikaze

It runs at 60, but has frame timing spikes that cause micro stutter and hitching. It was mentioned in the DF analysis, but damn it's bad. I even reinstalled thinking it must be my system...nope. I know people can overlook things because the rest of a game is amazing, but damn.

Oh yikes.
I was hoping it would just be a few times, not so often.

wow hahahaha. My only guilt was that now she wanted to now become a battle Android to avenge her, and I was kinda thinking I'd be responsible for her death.

The chest is for a later sidequest.

You may have overlooked a ladder or a broken piece of walkway to jump if you can't get to the top floor. Make sure your flashlight is on

MechaX

So I just got Ending A and started on Route B.

I had a question about this. With minimal spoilers:
I understand that a lot of this stuff is from 9S's perspective, but not a lot of this is really different yet, so I can kinda see what some people are fretting with "replaying" something.. About when does stuff start to go off the rails in this Route?

Moaradin

Anyone know why my minimap randomly disappears? Have no idea how to get it back. Just seems to come back on it's own sometimes.

Strings

This is actually maybe the most misleading quest in the game. Side-quest spoiler:
When you access the chest, the wording sorta implies you'll need to access it with another character. That's completely wrong, you just need to access it after accepting a quest from a machine that talks in long, run on sentences after the gate to Pascal's Village is opened

I understand that a lot of this stuff is from 9S's perspective, but not a lot of this is really different yet, so I can kinda see what some people are fretting with "replaying" something.. About when does stuff start to go off the rails in this Route?

Literally the very end. Imo, 95% of the route is a waste of time.

remz

It's to do with a sidequest in that area. I did it during route b but you could probably do it route a. You can only open it during the quest.

tumblr_o95nbpc4Zz1r9wko3o1_1280.png

Sooo... about those DLC outfits.

As you play there will be more exposition, and there are new events during the time 2B and 9S are separated, as well as new quests.

I mean, if you think about it, he didn't really do anything wrong.
He's just minding his own business, and he's completely forthright with his "fans", but they choose to ignore that due to their incredibly unhealthy obsessions with him.

True but I do feel bad for his crazy super fan.

Route B:
Learning that Opera Singer Boss was a crazy Sartre fan that drove herself insane out of wanting to gain his affection
made me feel angry at him, even if it's not his fault. Other than being a bit of an arse.

True but I do feel bad for his crazy super fan.

Route B:
Learning that Opera Singer Boss was a crazy Sartre fan that drove herself insane out of wanting to gain his affection
made me feel angry at him, even if it's not his fault. Other than being a bit of an arse.
Yeah, the game does a really good job of evoking that response. I actually didn't really consider his side of things until you posted that.

I only got as far as the room where you fight the giant arm, can I go further or did I miss it there?

If you're finding the momento for the unit on the bunker, you've already completed the quest when you find
her sword in the area where you first fight the giant arm

FInally finished route A at around 12 hours! Done for the night as I gotta work tomorrow. But tomorrow night and this weekend is all NieR so I might finish depending on how I play.

Loved ending A and basing it off people saying to wait for
CDE
endings I can't fucking wait.

Taro has Fucking done it. I'm in love.

Jiraiza

FInally finished route A at around 12 hours! Done for the night as I gotta work tomorrow. But tomorrow night and this weekend is all NieR so I might finish depending on how I play.

Loved ending A and basing it off people saying to wait for
CDE
endings I can't fucking wait.

Taro has Fucking done it. I'm in love.

The presentation of C is out of this world.

Phew, just thinking about it gets me going.

The chest is for a later sidequest.

You may have overlooked a ladder or a broken piece of walkway to jump if you can't get to the top floor. Make sure your flashlight is on
Meh, it's the one below Masamune and above first chest you need for that later sidequest. Basically have to time the jump from near the end of area to get in.

DJChuy

Finally finished route A. What a ride! I can't imagine what else this game has in store for me.

I laughed at the beginning of route B when I
dropped the oil.
Not once but twice! Also got ending G by
"curiosity"
Hilarious stuff.

Finally finished route A. What a ride! I can't imagine what else this game has in store for me.

I laughed at the beginning of route B when I
dropped the oil.
Not once but twice! Also got ending G by
"curiosity"
Hilarious stuff.

That scene is both hilarious and heartbreaking.

Top Bottom