• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

LotusHD

Banned
How long until I get it? I'm at the part where I need to investigate the flooded area. Just had a
Goliath make a big hole

Soon.

I don't mean to be 'that guy' but i'm kind of stuck...

where do you go after you kill the EMP monster? I went to P&D to get some thingy? What now?

I don't really have an issue with him, his character arc is completely reasonable based on events that transpire.

Some people just want to label everything 'emo' and 'edgy' cause apparently we're still in high school and have no concepts beyond that

I see.

I think he's the best character, right next to 2B. They're both besties, in more ways than one.

Hmm...

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I love 6O

they really sell the humanity of the androids with her and 9S specifically...they don't even realize they are not human yet they talk like they are, concepts like enjoying simple things like flowers and relationships, androids gaining emotion is basically par the course at this point it seems.

Which is refreshing honestly, i had thought with the demo that the androids would all be super stuck up and super stoic types who were disallowed from expressing any feeling based on how 2B was talking, but that ends up just being her luckily

Satch

Banned
THIS IS SO HARD

EDIT: ITS NOT HARD ANYMORE
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png

TissueBox

9S hate is sooo outta whack..!! 9S for N:A's most huggable character! ^^'

they really sell the humanity of the androids with her and 9S specifically...they don't even realize they are not human yet they talk like they are, concepts like enjoying simple things like flowers and relationships, androids gaining emotion is basically par the course at this point it seems.

Which is refreshing honestly, i had thought with the demo that the androids would all be super stuck up and super stoic types who were disallowed from expressing any feeling based on how 2B was talking, but that ends up just being her luckily

Yeah once again a lot of the game reminded me a bit of Wizard of Oz's themes. not directly but resonantly. The irony of these androids perplexed about humanity is familiar but handled with dimension here... really loved it.

Wagram

Still having a lot of fun, but I have to admit the story really isn't catching me like Nier or Drakengard 3. 2B often feels more like a silent protagonist most of the time.

It can change of course, but still a lot of fun.

Still having a lot of fun, but I have to admit the story really isn't catching me like Nier or Drakengard 3. 2B often feels more like a silent protagonist most of the time.

It can change of course
, but still a lot of fun.

smiling contently to myself

I felt the same way about... halfway through A? This game does an incredible job of building towards a payoff with all of the seemingly tropey anime silence/"..." grunts/etc. Stick with it.

Moonkid

I find the base really relaxing, I just wish we had a better view of outside or at least a room where you could. The angle doesn't really lend itself to taking in the sights.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I platinumed the game.

by buying the trophies with my money. God bless you Yoko Taro.

I bought the grindy ones and get all endings coz... I don't want to get all the endings lol.

cordy

Banned
Just did the Buy2Get1Free deal and due to the comments from here, I'm getting Nier, Horizon and Yakuza 0. Damn I can't wait!!

Is anyone else experiencing extreme performance issues with the Pro?

My game micro-stutters like crazy.. I usually have a high tolerance for this stuff, but it's very apparent in this game.
َI'm not sure but I think it might be because of the online component. I turned it off for a little while and it seemed like the game was running a lot better. I've turned it back on to get the hundred bodies needed for the trophy but as soon as I get that, I'll turn it off again.

Just did the Buy2Get1Free deal and due to the comments from here, I'm getting Nier, Horizon and Yakuza 0. Damn I can't wait!!

Yakuza and Nier are great, so you are in for a treat with those games. Haven't played Horizon so I can't comment on that one.

At any rate, congrats man. Now join us on the fun :)

I'm only bout 5 hrs in. Im hoping these side-quests where you have to find the thing in the circle are few. I didn't really care for them in FFXV either.

Outside of that, it's quite alright.

cordy

Banned
Should had got ni oh, you might burn yourself out on open world games.

I really thought about it until this game popped up and then I remembered that I still have Bloodborne and the Old Hunters to run through so I figure I better beat those before I pick up Nioh lol.
Yakuza and Nier are great, so you are in for a treat with those games. Haven't played Horizon so I can't comment on that one.

At any rate, congrats man. Now join us on the fun :)

Thanks and I look forward to it!

I really need to stop pre ordering with Amazon. First my Wii U copy of Breath of the Wild is delayed for a few days, and now the T Shirt edition of this.

I'd have gone for the steelbook edition from Game, but it's an extra £10. Although it does look good...

Cyborg

This will be mine first Nier game but whats the talk about different routes? How does this work?

How many Routes are there and how do you know what rout you are taking?

This will be mine first Nier game but whats the talk about different routes? How does this work?

It's very simple. Just keep playing the game, and it will unfold naturally.

It's not like a VN where you have to worry about flags and points and stuff.

Satch

Banned

they're not really routes in the sense that they branch and make different timelines. its like watching an episode of a tv series and then the episode ends, which counts as an "ending" within this game, but there's more episodes that continue the story, which make up the other "endings"

Cyborg

they're not really routes in the sense that they branch and make different timelines. its like watching an episode of a tv series and then the episode ends, which counts as an "ending" within this game, but there's more episodes that continue the story, which make up the other "endings"

Uhmm I dont get it but that's most likely because I never played a Nier game.
But if an ''episode'' ends and I start NG+ do I play the same stages and fight the same enemies?

Razmos

Woke up to an email from Amazon saying that there has been an unexpected delay with my T-shirt edition and that it will not be delivered until Monday.

Utterly heartbroken, I was so excited to play it today.

Top Bottom