• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

CDV13

Okay so I'm getting Horizon and preordering Mass Effect with the Target B2G1.....I like action games....get this or Yakuza?

People who have played both would be the best responses but I'll take all recommendations.

Woke up to an email from Amazon saying that there has been an unexpected delay with my T-shirt edition and that it will not be delivered until Monday.

Utterly heartbroken, I was so excited to play it today.
Yeah, Amazon have been less than stellar lately with pre orders in my experience. I'm already considering cancelling my pre order for the Crash Bandicoot trilogy, and and that's not out until June.

OniBaka

Okay so I'm getting Horizon and preordering Mass Effect with the Target B2G1.....I like action games....get this or Yakuza?

People who have played both would be the best responses but I'll take all recommendations.
Both, these must not be missed.

But if you can only pick one for now then yakuza. Only because it will be really hard to get a physical copy later down the track and it's really good.

LotusHD

Banned

You're in a Nier OT thread, so I dunno why you're expecting an answer other than Nier lol

Seriously though, go with Nier.

Zakalwe

Banned

Both of these games are currently competing for my GOTY spot. Neither should be missed.

Honestly, I'd get both of these games over Horizon.

How do I select the DLC pod skins?

Key Items.

Samaritan

I'd recommend trading out that Mass Effect pre-order and get both NieR and Yakuza. NieR is absolutely phenomenal, but Yakuza is also a really fantastic game in its own right. Mass Effect by all accounts look quite disappointing. But if you're deadset on just getting one, get NieR. It's not to be missed.

CDV13

You're in a Nier OT thread, so I dunno why you're expecting an answer other than Nier lol

Seriously though, go with Nier.

Yea I figured that response but was hoping some played both and thisnone was higher up haha. Thanks for the input though...I'm thinking now.... haha

CDV13

I'd recommend trading out that Mass Effect pre-order and get both NieR and Yakuza. NieR is absolutely phenomenal, but Yakuza is also a really fantastic game in its own right. Mass Effect by all accounts look quite disappointing. But if you're deadset on just getting one, get NieR. It's not to be missed.

Thanks for the response. I have to get Horizon, and the ME preorder is actually for my roommate who got Nioh and RE7 recently (we obviously trade games all the time) ...so I gotta keep that preorder for him.

Zakalwe

Banned
Thanks for the response. I have to get Horizon, and the ME preorder is actually for my roommate who got Nioh and RE7 recently (we obviously trade games all the time) ...so I gotta keep that preorder for him.

Skip Horizon for now.

Get Yakuza and Neir.

Trust me.

LotusHD

Banned
Nier and Zelda have nearly consumed my life, and even then, most of my attention is going to Nier first. (Mainly because I don't want to get spoiled) For those that are juggling more than 2 games, I do not envy you lol

CDV13

You also run the risk of getting spoiled the longer you wait.

Very true, but as bad as it sounds....I honestly just don't care about spoilers that much. I usually avoid spoiler threads for things I wanna play, but if something comes up it's cool. I'll live.

Finished Route B, felt like a huge waste of time to me,
might as well have called it Route A: Boring Combat Edition
. C is looking way up so far though.

Zakalwe

Banned
Damn really? I guess they are all single player so missing one for a bit until a price drop isn't a big deal.

Haha, get whatever you want. They're not going anywhere. :p

Horizon just feels a little dull in comparison to both of these games, to me at least, but its still good. Both Yakuza and Nier feel like celebration of the medium, they both effortlessly defy/blend genres and both have a weird uniqueness that immediately sets them apart from your usual gaming experience.

All I can say for sure is that it's a pretty great time for video game releases.

CDV13

Haha, get whatever you want. They're not going anywhere. :p

Horizon just feels a little dull in comparison to both of these games, to me at least, but its still good.

All I can say for sure is that it's a pretty great time for video game releases.

Hellllll yea! Also a great time for this deal haha. Saves me 60 bucks.....that I can go blow at the bar lolol

Squire

Banned
Just got Ending A. I have to say it works as a fairly straightforward sci-fi story endpoint.
I figured the nature of 2Bs relationship with 9S was cyclical to some extent. Definitely makes her leaning hard on the "no emotions" mandate make sense. Her clenching her fist in the end was a nice call-back to the start of the game.

Really looking forward to what's next though. How do I start route B?

R.-Dorothy-Wayneright-%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%83%BB%E3%83%89%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B7%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BB%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A7%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%88-from-The-Big-O-animated-gif-.gif

The bae returns

So glad this is finally coming out on Blu-ray.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Fuuu... Do I lose something (except for my pride) for not beating the prologue on hard? Because I don't think I can do this on my first run :'(

LotusHD

Banned
Fuuu... Do I lose something (except for my pride) for not beating the prologue on hard? Because I don't think I can do this on my first run :'(

Put it on Normal and save yourself the stress.
Yes, Hard Mode will still be very annoying even after you get through the beginning.

I'm in A now (I don't know where honestly, I'm
Looking for 9S after giant water machine attack
) but I'm really really impressed. At one point I wondered how on earth this level of improvement was possible, then I realized Cavia doesn't exist anyone and this is Platnium putting down some genre bending weirdness.

But I also feel like the story is going nowhere. I've seen some cool shit and obviously the potential is amazing.I know I'm wrong, of course, but 2B is exhausting me with her flatness of character right now so, about how far am I into route A actually?

kiaaa

Same boat. I'm still getting used to the controls, so getting one-shot on a mid-boss and having to do this shit all over is super frustrating. Think I'm gonna play on normal for a while.

Soma

whew. Route A cleared.

Spent most of my day off finishing up sidequests and I'm sure I still missed quite a few. Conclusion felt a bit meh but man there's some amazing moments that transpired on the way. It still doesn't feel real that I'm actually playing this because it's almost everything I could've asked for in a sequel (so far at least). I hear the game keeps getting better from here so I'm excited to see where this ends up going.

Get Nier and Yakuza. Trust me, those two are phenomenal. As for the third one, I personally have Mass Effect pre-ordered but I am (or was before ME3) a pretty huge ME fan so I'll get that no matter what.

Though between Horizon and ME:A, I don't think you could go wrong either way. 2017 is a truly amazing year to be a gamer.

How do I select the DLC pod skins?

Go to the items tab in the menu. I think it's under the key items.

Man, I love easy question like this that I can actually answer lol
Still in route A and doing side-quests which I'm totally in love with. I should probably finish the game soon-ish so I can answer more questions though, hahaha.

ChanMan

Just finished Route A under 20 hours and really enjoyed it and immediately continued the game only difference is I am playing Route B with Japanese VO instead of English.

Xadjim

Banned
Mine comes today :O Cant wait to play this gem.... I literally have zelda botw and horizon at home but I would put them aside for this game :O am I crazy? maybe... crazy in love with what I have seen so far about this game

Kyonashi

Found a pic of the reversible cover if anyone's interested. I love that it has the PS4 banner, I can keep it reversed on my shelf. Perfect design for a reversible cover imo.

THE UK/EU VERSION DOESN'T HAVE THE PS4 BANNER

WHY

god i hate full art reversible covers why do they do this

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Mine comes today :O Cant wait to play this gem.... I literally have zelda botw and horizon at home but I would put them aside for this game :O am I crazy? maybe... crazy in love with what I have seen so far about this game
Your only crime is trying to game in Winter 2017 :) too many great games..

Got bored of Yakuza Zero halfway. Nier Automata and Horizon is definitely GOTY for me though.

Man both have fantastic stories. Great start for 2017.

Ending e
I deleted my save which in retrospect was stupid because of all the extra stuff I could have done. Life is a stream of embarrassment moments, just beautiful.

kiaaa

Ok, got past the intro and did the first couple sidequests for the Resistance. I gotta get to sleep now, but I can already tell I'm going to be putting a ton of time into this game.

Zakalwe

Banned
Got bored of Yakuza Zero halfway. Nier Automata and Horizon is definitely GOTY for me though.

Man both have fantastic stories. Great start for 2017.

The backstory in Horizon is great, even if it's a bit generic the
Robots Ate The World
thing is delivered well with just the right amounts of mystery/reveal each time you get a major info dump.

The present day story, though, is average as hell. Overall the game feels a bit bland next to Yakuza (Not saying Horizon is bad at all, it has amazing combat for example, but it's very generic in a lot of ways).

Top Bottom