• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

ChanMan

I am still utterly shocked that this game so far is already one of the best games I have ever played, who would have thought it. Also curious to know how many hours it took most of you to beat Route B.

Zakalwe

Banned
The medium bipeds are launcher immune during their startup attack animations. The best time to launch them is usually after they finish their attacks. The attack where they swing twice at you, for example, gives them launch immunity until after the second swing.

The bosses are similar but are a lot harder, if not, impossible to do combos on.

Thank you, I can make it work now. :)

Something about the music and the visuals of that area gave me strong Kingdom Hearts vibes.

I was hoping I wasn't the only one who caught it. The parts of KH where shit is just kinda bleak and you wish for a moment it wasn't an E+10 game with Donald Duck commenting on the situation in unintelligible fucking quacking that none of the rest of his family seems to speak in.

-NeoTB1-

So I just completed a certain mid game(?) side quest last night...
Stamps.
The dialogue was hilarious!
"Die, Romeo! Thou stupid asshole!" and "Pisseth off!" :))

So what is the general consensus on doing sidequests? Some of them are kinda drag. Will they reset when you start a new game for other endings?

Not far in, but running around the
desert
with the Beastlord greatsword, just as I am concurrently in the original Nier (not moving on from that yet). Loving it so far, Nier but with a strong dose of Vanquish, some Robotron, even a little of personal old favorite PN03. Like it was made for me, heh.

Caim

So what is the general consensus on doing sidequests? Some of them are kinda drag. Will they reset when you start a new game for other endings?

Hard to explain without spoilers, but any quests that you complete stay finished regardless.

Some are kind of annoying, but I'd say that the majority are worth it.

SRV

Right that's it, I'm going to take a run in to town and grab it from GAME and just send the other copy back when it comes.

After getting ending 'W' for the 5th time I'm knocking the difficulty down to normal. Trying to get through this opening without dying when bosses can 1-hit you was just not fun. 1hr 20 playtime so far and no progress.

gow3isben

So can anyone elaborate on this multiple ending stuff? Is it the exact same game with a different character when you finish one ending and go for another one, or is it actually a little different in setting and boss enemies etc.?

Crayon

Goddamn this game is so good. I've been just inching thru it hour by hour since it released during the work week and it just gets more and more mysterious and fascinating.

Goddamn this game is so good. I've been just inching thru it hour by hour since it released during the work week and it just gets more and more mysterious and fascinating.

yeah same here.

this weekend I am glad that I can sit down and just lose myself in it.

augmental

It runs at 60, but has frame timing spikes that cause micro stutter and hitching. It was mentioned in the DF analysis, but damn it's bad. I even reinstalled thinking it must be my system...nope. I know people can overlook things because the rest of a game is amazing, but damn.

Have you tried turning off the Network part to improve it? Mine is stuttering a bunch on reg PS4 as well and it is getting distracting. Someone mentioned turning off the Network features, but I am not sure how this would affect the game play if off.

Ahasverus

I have a stupid question.

Why is the game called nier if there is no mention of Nier and the replicant/gestalt stuff frmo the first game?

SkylineRKR

Its a work of art imo.

The game does so many things right and actually breaks a lot of grounds as well, its ridiculous. The underlying messages are very powerful as well. I think any PS4 owner should at least give this a try.

LotusHD

Banned
Its a work of art imo.

The game does so many things right and actually breaks a lot of grounds as well, its ridiculous. The underlying messages are very powerful as well. I think any PS4 owner should at least give this a try.

"Jaded gamers owe it to themselves to play Nier: Automata"

True Fire

I have a stupid question.

Why is the game called nier if there is no mention of Nier and the replicant/gestalt stuff frmo the first game?

I loved how they did this. (vague spoiler)
Anyone with knowledge of Shadowlord/Gestalts/NieR's ending will look at Automata's synopsis with an eyebrow raised.

GhostBed

Just picked this up today. Gonna try to get a little deeper into Horizon before I start, but I'm really really stoked. The demo had me droolin' for more. Combat is so damn good.

Plus it seems like the story is right up my alley, based on the posts in here. Never played a Yoko Taro game but this seems like a grand place to start.

Is it not the one with the art done by the bravely default guy?

I found this one on amazon.de
A1yt3FcRTBL._SL1500_.jpg

And this one on ebay:
s-l1600.jpg

The sexualization in this game is ridiculous.

Are you playing it?
Just to make sure that it's not a drive by post like we already had.

Top Bottom