• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Satch

Banned
Route B as been kind of disappointing to me so far.

it's for the best
smugbiden.png

Jolkien

Do we unlock fast travel at some point the running back and forth will make me insane. I have a ton of sidequest to do all over the place.

Alucrid

Banned
have a side quest question

went too far in A and got locked out of some. i'm assuming 9S is B. are the side quests the same and can i complete them in this run instead?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
My main issue with route B so far is the overall difference to combat.
Moving from two weapons to 'having' to hack everything is just....bleargh. Really slows down the flow of combat, and 9S just can't compete with 2B so far.

Is there any single 'best' time to do all of the sidequests? I missed some in Route A (and got locked out of a few others), and am wondering if I should wait until later, or try for them now.

Also, is there any real point to upgrading the pods? I see their base power goes up, but do they get additional aspects besides, similar to the melee weapons?

carda114

have a side quest question

went too far in A and got locked out of some. i'm assuming 9S is B. are the side quests the same and can i complete them in this run instead?

They're not all the same between them. However, you're not permanently locked out of anything, so don't worry if you missed any.

Silvard

Alright so I read DarkID's LPs of both Drakengard and Nier, should I also do Drakengard 3 or 2?

In the mean time I started playing the game again, and already did an early sidequest that's making me second guess myself.

11B's Memento
:
I chose not to reveal the truth and it looks like I set her on a deathwish, can anyone tell me what happens if I had chosen to tell her?

Can anyone explain to me how NG+ works? From the previous title it seems like you start again from a specific point instead of from the very start. Does that mean I can't make different decisions in sidequests? Is there anything that's missable in the sense that I won't be able to experience it (including dialog) at all?

Alright so I read DarkID's LPs of both Drakengard and Nier, should I also do Drakengard 3 or 2?

In the mean time I started playing the game again, and already did an early sidequest that's making me second guess myself.

11B's Memento
:
I chose not to reveal the truth and it looks like I set her on a deathwish, can anyone tell me what happens if I had chosen to tell her?

Can anyone explain to me how NG+ works? From the previous title it seems like you start again from a specific point instead of from the very start. Does that mean I can't make different decisions in sidequests? Is there anything that's missable in the sense that I won't be able to experience it (including dialog) at all?

If you happen to tell her
then she says how pathetic she was and that the death she got served her right.

11B's Memento
:

Drakengard 2 has zero relevance to Nier, but the LP was entertaining. If you have any affection for the characters from Drakengard 1, it's probably worth checking out so you can see how they end up, since the game continues from ending A of Drakengard. Spoilers:
Caim kills a guy so hard that Death dies with him.

Drakengard 3 has some lore stuff that could be worth learning, but it isn't strictly necessary. It's one of Taro's best games conceptually, imo.

Thinking more and more about ending e, this is extremely long winded and personal
I think I needed this, the message and the ending. I've been sick, mentally for awhile now. I've lost alot of friends and I have attempted suicide not that long ago. You know it's weird to say but this ending honestly convinced me life is worth living, and I know a video game ending doing that how absurd. But those messages piping up of people struggling and pulling through, and the line life is a constant stream of embarrassment. The beauty of the ending is that they will continue to suffer, they will fight and die for nothing but the moments we have are a value that's impossible to quantify. Taro might have saved my life in his own way, this is beyond what a game should do but it has that effect on me.

11B's Memento
:

The two options reveal different things:
  • If you keep
    the log files hidden, she will remain sad and reminice about how nice she was, and how she loved her. She then avows to become a B (Battle) unit and take up the fight.
  • If you show
    her the log files, she will laugh and reveal that 11B beat her and manipulated her, and was always a hardass with her, laughing about how she deserted in the end.
Both options end with
her giving 2B a bunch of high quality chips and items, saying she doesn't need to protect herself anymore.

(She was in an abusive relationship with her, and her not needing to protect herself anymore can be taken two ways.)

Jiraiza

Does fishing get you stuff besides fish?

Fishing is broken, since you can get a ton of money out of it. But no, you can fish for other stuff like weapons and the third pod.

Thinking more and more about ending e, this is extremely long winded and personal
I think I needed this, the message and the ending. I've been sick, mentally for awhile now. I've lost alot of friends and I have attempted suicide not that long ago. You know it's weird to say but this ending honestly convinced me life is worth living, and I know a video game ending doing that how absurd. But those messages piping up of people struggling and pulling through, and the line life is a constant stream of embarrassment. The beauty of the ending is that they will continue to suffer, they will fight and die for nothing but the moments we have are a value that's impossible to quantify. Taro might have saved my life in his own way, this is beyond what a game should do but it has that effect on me.

You, sir, are Deserving of Life.

This song kind of hits you like a brick once you finish the game.

Silvard

The two options reveal different things:
  • If you keep
    the log files hidden, she will remain sad and reminice about how nice she was, and how she loved her. She then avows to become a B (Battle) unit and take up the fight.
  • If you show
    her the log files, she will laugh and reveal that 11B beat her and manipulated her, and was always a hardass with her, laughing about how she deserted in the end.
Both options end with
her giving 2B a bunch of high quality chips and items, saying she doesn't need to protect herself anymore.

(She was in an abusive relationship with her, and her not needing to protect herself anymore can be taken two ways.)

Can't say I can tell which one is the best outcome...

Anyone got anything on this?

Satch

Banned
Where can I find the engine blade?

also i have to say, upgrade this sword all the way ASAP, specifically before you make it towards the end of route C, because the effects are absolutely beautiful during one of the fights in that part of the game

Squire

Banned
You need to
become as gods

(If you aren't at that point yet, you'll find it eventually. It'll be in a side room in a chest.)

You have
to become a god first.

Thanks guys.

also i have to say, upgrade this sword all the way ASAP, specifically before you make it towards the end of route C, because the effects are absolutely beautiful during one of the fights in that part of the game

Gotcha. I'll have to make sure I grab it when I get back there for route B.

Hmm feels like enemies are hitting harder than in the demo, oops first boss just slammed ME dead, guess I'll just retry...
Oh...
OH...
OHHHH NOOOOOO!

LotusHD

Banned
Thanks guys.

Lol I was gonna edit it and be specific, but then I realized that's a lot of typing. All I can say is when you get to that part, be on the lookout for alternate routes as usual. Due to the camera angle you might miss it, so yea.

Exaggeration is subjective. High heels coupled with blatant panty shots is plain ridiculous in my book.

This just in, high heels are sexist. (Also, it's a leotard, and the game never goes out of its way to show it.)

But if it's not your kind of game, it's not, no sweating it.

Let's not go further with this.

Top Bottom