• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Gonna admit I didn't find the Engine Blade until after I finished the game. It does have very awesome properties that would have been nice to have during my playthrough. And yeah, the camera angle is what could possibly throw you off from finding it.

Gbraga

Gotta love fighting the same mini-boss enemies with a new coat of paint each time as well, amiright? Also, the platforming in those cramped areas with that camera. That really was a Yoko Taro game that was hard to love.

Man, I'm actually having a blast, hahaha. The platforming parts are pretty cool, I wish there were more of them.

I'll finish Branch B and start C later tonight.

There's some surprisingly decent enemy design as well, just not nearly enough variety.

Jiraiza

Gonna admit I didn't find the Engine Blade until after I finished the game. It does have very awesome properties that would have been nice to have during my playthrough. And yeah, the camera angle is what could possibly throw you off from finding it.

Yeah, the special effects are pretty cool. Now I have an excuse to repost a GIF.

e2QoDOq.gif

Coda

I've been rocking the Cypress Stick personally, when you get massive critical hits with that thing it feels so good.

acsn

Just finished ending A. Can I continue my side quests in the next play through or do I have to do them all again?

Exaggeration is subjective. High heels coupled with blatant panty shots is plain ridiculous in my book.

Disappointed about this game bringing good sales to its developer.

You've been a member since late 2015 and yet this your first (second?) post and you are shitting on a very niche game... I don't know junior.

Kaizer

Banned
Just finished the opening section from the demo - the enemies were slightly tougher, but I didn't have a problem with any of them, not at least on Normal difficulty.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
there was a gif of 2B running and gunning and slashing at something, its a brown-ish gif IIRC (kinda like the one above), anyone have it? I wanted to show to a friend to sell it on him.

LotusHD

Banned
Yeah. I have the game and am starting, so I wanted to take recommendations.

Also started on hard and got one-hit killed by the giant construction saw.....

If you want to play on Hard, then go for it.
Wouldn't recommend it though.
But not for the beginning section. Save yourself the stress and just get through that on Normal.

Yeah. I have the game and am starting, so I wanted to take recommendations.

Also started on hard and got one-hit killed by the giant construction saw.....
I'll be honest don't play the game on hard, it's already challenging enough especially late game. Granted you can lower the difficulty at any time but normal is harder then most normal games.

Also I refuse to believe any human has beaten very hard, and if you have you are beyond my understanding.

Exaggeration is subjective. High heels coupled with blatant panty shots is plain ridiculous in my book.

Disappointed about this game bringing good sales to its developer.
Lol you're a troll or an alt.

Anyways just beat A.

I got teary eyed when 2B cried

What level were most people at after beating the first time? I think I was a bit overleveled at 42....

DanceLeaf

Neo Member
Is it normal for me to be 10 to 15 levels below some of the enemies in the game? I feel like I don't eat enough XP and I'm not doing enough damage.

LotusHD

Banned
So I played the demo with Inverted Jiraiza.

L1 Evade, R1 Fire, L2 Pod Program and R2 Weapon Switch.

Are you me? This is exactly what I'm doing as well lol

I dunno about y'all, but having the Evade button near the buttons I use to attack is a big no-no for me.

All the people who were complaining before the game came out about dopey looking robots.........

The start of B has me laughing so hard. They're so cute

Doppie

Banned
But if it's not your kind of game, it's not, no sweating it.

I like Action-RPG games. I simply hate sexualization. Hope I'm allowed to as it seems extremely patriarchy around...

You've been a member since late 2015 and yet this your first (second) post and you are shitting on a very niche game... I don't know junior.

Niche game... this is a joke, right? Guilty Gear is an example of niche game. Nier doesn't seem to.

Do you even know what shitposting means?

About to start B. The end of A made me like 2B a lot more so I'm excited. I'm also looking for the jokey endings because gotta catch em' all, and I got a couple on accident but I'm scared that lookin some of them up with spoil any of the real story meat for me :/

So for route C
do you play as A2 and 9S a set number of times each or is it like you're choosing either or to play as to progress the story? I just don't want to waste my time playing as 9S if I can play as A2 instead. I'm really tired of this hacking shit

I like Action-RPG games. I simply hate sexualization. Hope I'm allowed to as it seems extremely patriarchy around...

Niche game... this is a joke, right? Guilty Gear is an example of niche game. Nier doesn't seem to.

Do you even know what shitposting means?
2 things, 1. guilty gear doesn't have sexualized characters now? It's a media problem not a nier problem, although unlike many other game I feel like nier actually attempts to justify it.

2. Nier is far more niche then guilty gear, the original game was barely talked about outside of it's fanbase. In fact Taro in general is niche, this is the first time he's finally broken out of that (well I haven't seen sales yet) but no this is niche as hell.

Top Bottom