• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

That's never happened to me.
I could have sworn I read that the bodies you repair could potentially attack you but since it never happened to me in any route I figured I had misread it.

It happened again on the next body I revived, only I actually read the prompt and
it said something like "Infection is worsening, causing the body to attack you", so there we go.

Hikami

Played a bit of Route B (I think? Finished A last night.)

Think I'll take a break and play another game then come back to this so it feels fresh again. Also just don't want this game to end, it's so good. Gotta make it last.

So glad so many people are finally experiencing the glory of Yoko Taro's mad genius for the first time, The Amusement Park fucked me up real good when I figured out what the deal was.

Also, uh, does anyone know the track that plays when you meet
the Animal-Loving Machine in The Forest?
I've heard it a few times already and it's fantastic and I'm tearing my hair out trying to find the damn thing

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
D and E don't take long to get. You'll be bawling your eyes out after you get them if you tend to get emotional, though.

I have no emotions.

I do have extreme aversion to replaying games, and even tho I've been warming up to Nier's idea of replaying it after Hektor explained the structure, now youre saying its 2 more times ;_;

Is it like a load the last save and choose the pony instead of the dog?

Hektor

I have no emotions.

I do have extreme aversion to replaying games, and even tho I've been warming up to Nier's idea of replaying it after Hektor explained the structure, now youre saying its 2 more times ;_;

Is it like a load the last save and choose the pony instead of the dog?

i'm pretty sure that's exactly what i told you :>

Silvard

Can anyone explain to me how NG+ works? From the previous title it seems like you start again from a specific point instead of from the very start. Does that mean I can't make different decisions in sidequests? Is there anything that's missable in the sense that I won't be able to experience it (including dialog) at all?

Anyone?

Ourobolus

Banned
You've got to be shitting me.

Ending D/E spoilers:

Apparently there is an update file for Nier, so I can't do whatever the hell it is during the bullet hell credits. Urgh.

EDIT: Apparently it's version 1.03? Wasn't that the one released Day 1? wth

ramyeon

Is there a fast travel system? Running back and forth for side quests is painful. I just beat (Early game spoilers)
the boss of the Amusement Park and visited the Machine Village.

Jiraiza

What, I got a free copy from Amazon in addition to the one I pre-ordered.

2017's a weird year, since I got a free PS4 Pro from Target at some point.

Dineren

Banned
Is it still worth playing the first Nier (I own it, but never got around to playing)? I'm waiting on the Steam release for this and I think I'll be finishing Zelda tonight. Wouldn't mind putting Automata off a bit to finish the first game if it's fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
legit questions, Ive actually not seen much footage of the game, but why does 2B never use that GIANT sword on her back in her combos?

Ourobolus

Banned
Is it still worth playing the first Nier (I own it, but never got around to playing)? I'm waiting on the Steam release for this and I think I'll be finishing Zelda tonight. Wouldn't mind putting Automata off a bit to finish the first game if it's fun.

The first game is amazing, but not really in the gameplay department. The Graphics and Combat are serviceable, and aren't really the high points. That said, everything else is fantastic - the story, the music, etc.

renzolama

2B's cuter than Mikasa. How dare you.

2B is Mikasa, how dare you? They couldn't possibly have picked a more endearing female Japanese voice actress for me than Mikasa - there's no way I can go to English now, I just picture her being sad as both 2B and Mikasa

Jolkien

Can someone who completed the sidequest Photographs give me a hand ? I found the one in Amusement Park one I was sure was in the oasis in the desert but it doesn't appear to be. The other one I have no clue.

ramyeon

I usually love to watch ENB play games, so I was psyched to see he did a playthrough of this. But holy shit has he been negative so far 3 hours in and it seems like he's hating it.

Jiraiza

all the gifs ppl post she never uses it :(
pTApMDZ.gif

Spear / Large Sword is the best set. I'd post new GIFs but I don't have access to debug mode at the moment...

2B is Mikasa, how dare you? They couldn't possibly have picked a more endearing female Japanese voice actress for me than Mikasa - there's no way I can go to English now, I just picture her being sad as both 2B and Mikasa

Yeah, 2B's VA is perfect in Japanese. That nice balance of cold aloofness and sweetness.

Hektor

Can someone who completed the sidequest Photographs give me a hand ? I found the one in Amusement Park one I was sure was in the oasis in the desert but it doesn't appear to be. The other one I have no clue.

One is definitely in the oasis, the third one is in the forest

renzolama

I usually love to watch ENB play games, so I was psyched to see he did a playthrough of this. But holy shit has he been negative so far 3 hours in and it seems like he's hating it.

This is probably around the point at which I would quit playing a game I was hating

Edit: Also, if you are capable of hating the
Machine Amusement Park
then someone should take your videogame license away

Jolkien

One is definitely in the oasis, the third one is in the forest

Yeah I just found the ''second'' oasis, turns out the first one was an oil spill (with trees and everything) oops.

Alright I don't think I have access to the forest yet so I'll keep pressing onward.

Top Bottom