• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

pezzie

The two options reveal different things:
  • If you keep
    the log files hidden, she will remain sad and reminice about how nice she was, and how she loved her. She then avows to become a B (Battle) unit and take up the fight.
  • If you show
    her the log files, she will laugh and reveal that 11B beat her and manipulated her, and was always a hardass with her, laughing about how she deserted in the end.
Both options end with
her giving 2B a bunch of high quality chips and items, saying she doesn't need to protect herself anymore.

(She was in an abusive relationship with her, and her not needing to protect herself anymore can be taken two ways.)

You just have this on copy/paste now huh? Haha.

Best explanation of the results though.

Blazrok

Neo Member
I just (Ending
e
spoilers)
sacrificed my save data. I didn't back it up... How did I not see that coming.

You just have this on copy/paste now huh? Haha.

Best explanation of the results though.

Went back to copy/paste it since it's easier than typing it out again.

Seems to be one of the more reacted to sidequests, and the one that best sets the tone for the rest of the game.

I'm glad they kicked me offline for the update which basically made getting the route E ending impossible. Thank fuck my friend already beat it and was able to tell me (after like 40 minutes of trying) about when he did it and we figured out it was different for the two of us.

Overall I think it was a great game marred by
having to play as 9S for such a large portion of the game. 2B and A2 are super fun to play as but they insist on making you play as the guy with one attack button and the hacking minigame, which is not only incredibly boring, but also so ridiculously OP it trivializes everything; sorry 21O, I really liked you and I'm sure your boss fight would have been cool, but I just pressed triangle five times and you killed you before you could even move. Besides that the main story was great when it was playing it straight, but whenever it tried to get "smart" it was always really on the nose and obvious, the twists were all pretty predictable too. The open world was also really poorly done, it was so small and empty that I don't even really know why they bothered to have it other than as a host for the never ending catalog of fetch quest side quests. Soundtrack was dope tho. Overall it was a positive experience, Yoko Taro should work with studios who know how to make good games more often.
Route B was still total waste of time

Finally beat Route A. Man, that took me around 23 hours. I guess I'm doing too many side quests.

The last boss fight had a pretty amazing setting but mechanically wasn't anything to write home about. I thought the
giant sea robot
thingy was a lot more fun to fight actually.

The ending was pretty tame... ? Darkengard 3 and first Nier had a much more impactful ending for their first routes. Also, the story seems really scarce thus far. I'm enjoying the game but hopefully the next routes will become much better in those regards.

Anyway, I'll start my Route B playthrough tomorrow.

SexyFish

Banned
Just launched the game.

"This game doesn't support auto-save. Play the game to find out how to save."

Yoko Taro you wacky hooligan.

Ourobolus

Banned
Is anyone else having issues with "Vanquish the Bad Bot" saving to their quest progress? I've done it several times and it won't count towards my total, showing as missing when I leave the game.

Reule

Question about quests and if they're time sensitive. Progressed in the story and lost some active quests.

I just killed Adam and saved 9S but I noticed I am now missing some subquests. Will they come back when/if 9S returns to my party? I wanted to complete the Lunar Flower one but it was right next to story mission.

Finishes route A: Ok, that was alright. I guess this is where the game actually starts.

Begins route B: Holy shit! Yoko Taro, you brilliant, beautiful man.

Laughed my ass off at that Square Enix PR message.

Rainy

Banned
The game really drew me in during my play session tonight, I'm really loving it. Have played a little over 4 hours total so far.

Got past the city ruins section and just reached the desert apartment complex. I loved just sliding all around the desert and killing the robots. I am intrigued about how the robots were saying they were scared though, you could tell 2B was feeling some regret in killing them.

So interested in seeing where things go from here!

biteren

looks like im gonna have to wait a while till i get my game. everything that could go wrong is happening.

BTW: ahem.....FUCK NEIGHBORHOODS WHERE YOU NEED A FUCKING KEY TO GET YOUR MAIL!!!

Naite

I think the main mission Maintenance on route C is completely bugged for me. I'm trying to find the rigid bark in the forest, I have the auto collect chip equipped, and I've killed everything around the area, and nothing.

I've tried fast travelling to and back. I've tried fast travelling away and walking all the way back. I've just reloading my save. I've tried quitting the game, installing the 1.03 update and loading my save. Nothing changes.

EDIT: Apparently I had it the whole time and game never updated saying I had it or changed my waypoint marker.

Demoskinos

Finally played the demo... not sure what to make of the combat. Like Its not clicking for me but I also remember I had the same issue with Metal Gear Rising until I really got my feet wet. Getting a $15 voucher from that promotion on PSN from last month debating using it on this but not sure....

LotusHD

Banned
Finally played the demo... not sure what to make of the combat. Like Its not clicking for me but I also remember I had the same issue with Metal Gear Rising until I really got my feet wet. Getting a $15 voucher from that promotion on PSN from last month debating using it on this but not sure....

Take the plunge. Game is far more than its combat anyways.

---

Finished Route A, took about 17 hours. Pretty damn good overall! But of course, I guess I gotta keep going for the real craziness...

The demo really doesn't display the charm and character of the game. I showed it to my friend who loves Platinum and he wasn't very interested. Now that he owns the game, he's proclaiming it as the best thing in years.

Eklesp

Finished Horizon ZD tonight and got burnt out with the open world by the end.

Going to drink of the sweet strangeness that is Nier. Hope it goes down smooth.

Haven't actually started this game yet but I tried out the free 2B theme and I just sat there for longer than I want to admit just listening to the music.

Demoskinos

The demo really doesn't display the charm and character of the game. I showed it to my friend who loves Platinum and he wasn't very interested. Now that he owns the game, he's proclaiming it as the best thing in years.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering if it was just a bad slice of the game or I guess... not enough to get a better sense of what the game is. Got a few more days to think about it since the vouchers don't go out until next week (I think) .

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wait there's a free theme?!
2 themes actually
NieRAutomataThemes-1.jpg

NieRAutomataThemes-2.jpg

Ourobolus

Banned
Finally finished Ending E
I'm no fool. I know what that "delete all data" shit means :p. Once I get the plat, then sure.

Also, I played the entire game and never encountered a status effect - what the hell are those items for?

Squire

Banned
HOLY SHIT @ 9S hacking

Last night I saw the Arcade option and I was like, "Oh, that's neat, but there aren't really enough instances to justify this?" Now I'm doing the weapon trader mission and discovering it works on everything.

I can't believe SE managed to keep the coolest stuff in this game a total secret.

Let me just say, if you get Auto-Heal >+4, the game turns into a cakewalk. That chip is insane.

I've got AH+3 and it already feels ridiculously cheap.

The level of mobility and inherent dodge ability in the game pretty much makes AH chips imbalanced since you can easily get into situations to quickly heal yourself automatically even while trashing mobs.

Voke

Banned
Just played the first two or three hours of the game, and I'm absolutely loving it. Is anyone else getting extremely strong Xenosaga vibes from this game?

Ourobolus

Banned
I've got AH+3 and it already feels ridiculously cheap.

The level of mobility and inherent dodge ability in the game pretty much makes AH chips imbalanced since you can easily get into situations to quickly heal yourself automatically even while trashing mobs.

I had +2 for the longest time, but then found/made (I forget) a cheap +6. Holy shit.

Top Bottom