• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Strings

I usually love to watch ENB play games, so I was psyched to see he did a playthrough of this. But holy shit has he been negative so far 3 hours in and it seems like he's hating it.

Completely unrelated to the OT, but I really haven't enjoyed any of his content since he moved to Twitch >.> It's so low effort / lazy. He also cheesed the shit out of Nioh then went on and on about how it's the best ever, and that really rubbed me the wrong way.

LOLCats

Banned
8 minutes in and
i already saw the credits

Combat is satisfying, really and im just on the first opening sequences. I'm playing on normal difficulty right now but i like there is easy mode if i just want 2B more casual.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Spear / Large Sword is the best set. I'd post new GIFs but I don't have access to debug mode at the moment...

never seen that one!

I have next week off but it doesn't come out on steam until later in the week

I am so conflicted.

I have a week off work starting on the 20th (monday), I wanted to play it in the week off but im pretty sure im not going to go from the 17th till the 20th without touching it, especially when ill be done with Horizon by then.

Just started route B!!!

Really excited to put some hours in this weekend

also lol at the review thread. I guess that one review set a lot of ppl off

Ourobolus

Banned
Can someone tell me how I get Machine Heads? I (spoiler for Route C)
wiped Pascal's memory but I can't find him back in the forest

also lol at the review thread. I guess that one review set a lot of ppl off
I had my FFXIII 360 reveal parody reaction post ready and everything, and then the thread timed out before I could submit it
lol.gif

Just so I know - what routes are considered must plays? Sort of how like Nier's must plays were A and B - what are the must play ones here?

They ended up tracking the reviewer down and bugging him via twitter.

oh come on...

I had my FFXIII 360 reveal parody reaction post ready and everything, and then the thread timed out before I could submit it
lol.gif

lol

Let's not bring that in here - it'll be unlocked once the EZA and Jim's reviews are out.

All things said and done, it's just a number.

Yeah I agree. I was just a little surprised to say the least.

Zackat

never seen that one!

I have a week off work starting on the 20th (monday), I wanted to play it in the week off but im pretty sure im not going to go from the 17th till the 20th without touching it, especially when ill be done with Horizon by then.

I am just tempted to buy it on ps4 instead, even though PC will obviously look better.

why they do this

Moaradin

I think this patch might have fixed my Speed Star quest? It disappeared from my map even though it was still in my quest log after progressing the story, but now it's back on my map.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I am just tempted to buy it on ps4 instead, even though PC will obviously look better.

why they do this

I will never buy a console game over the PC version, its not even for technical reasons or platform preference, its just that I like to have as many games possible for prosperity on one account, because I will always have A PC, but I will not always have X console plugged in.

Can someone who completed the sidequest Photographs give me a hand ? I found the one in Amusement Park one I was sure was in the oasis in the desert but it doesn't appear to be. The other one I have no clue.

There's two Oasis in the desert. The first one is actually an Oil well and not necessarily a Oasis. There's an actual oasis hidden across the sandstorm in the far north. Your map should have a marker for it.

Where? Which chapter should I pick? I've tried both the 9S and A2 chapters after that and nothing shows.

I ran into an issue like that too, might be Chapter select related and maybe you have to redo the events again then go to the village.

chefbags

So I'm in route A and level 19 and just doing side quests. I'm at the part where it says
flooded city
. Should I be alright in doing side quests still or should I go on with the story? Cause I'm not sure if after the ending I can still do these side quests.

Rainy

Banned
Did that 11B sidequest....
did not expect that twist when you told 16D that 11B was going AWOL, what a surprise.

Ourobolus

Banned
Without skipping up to that point that is. I dunno. First time I went back to redo it I was able to find them, then recently I noticed they weren't there

I mean I'll try
redoing wiping the memories and directly moving on to 9S

Can I just say that I am super happy that they included vendors that sell most of the materials in this game, compared to Nier? That shit got tedious in the original.

Ourobolus

Banned
Also holy shit I finally equipped the Cypress Stick
I love the Dragon Quest damage numbers and the fact that treasure chests change to DQ-style treasure chests
. Such an awesome touch.

What happens if you tell her? I didn't tell her.

The two options reveal different things:
  • If you keep
    the log files hidden, she will remain sad and reminice about how nice she was, and how she loved her. She then avows to become a B (Battle) unit and take up the fight.
  • If you show
    her the log files, she will laugh and reveal that 11B beat her and manipulated her, and was always a hardass with her, laughing about how she deserted in the end.
Both options end with
her giving 2B a bunch of high quality chips and items, saying she doesn't need to protect herself anymore.

(She was in an abusive relationship with her, and her not needing to protect herself anymore can be taken two ways.)

Gbraga

A.I seems a bit braindead on normal, but I'm having trouble with the intro bit on hard.

There are no difficulty-related achievements, you can just do the intro on Normal and then bump it to Hard when you get to the first save point. A lot of people seem to be doing this.

Top Bottom