• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

This is the worst, actually.

Hope you like doing the sequence with the oil again :v

Already did it twice because of the joke ending.

TZHF47v.gif

DKL

Already did it twice because of the joke ending.

Imagine playing on very hard, getting to a certain point, being okay with dying because you assume there's a checkpoint there from earlier, but then you get booted out to the main menu because it's apparently an ending if you die after a certain point.

It's so bad ;_;

Route B Spoilers:

IN the flashback in the castle to 4 hours ago in the forest kingdom when the machines say they are too dumb to figure out how to make the king bigger, then they are like, "but he is cute though"
i got a good laugh

Qurupeke

Got Route B, I'm on Route C now.........................................

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT. THEY KILLED 2B THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

I did NOT expect that, I had heard that A2 was playable but I was expecting a similar case with Route B, meaning that I'd have to play the same story again. But damn, it's fresh, new content.

This game is just keep getting better and better...

Can anyone tell me if I need to wait because I can't find the sidequests within the abandoned factory. There's two of them and have no idea where I'm meant to look.

N° 2048

I'm not sure why but apparently his name is different for other people.

"In Western releases, Sartre is referred to by the name "Jean-Paul"
Sartre is most likely a reference to the real-life 20th century French philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre, who is famous as one of the key figures in the philosophy of existentialism."

Hektor

"In Western releases, Sartre is referred to by the name "Jean-Paul"
Sartre is most likely a reference to the real-life 20th century French philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre, who is famous as one of the key figures in the philosophy of existentialism."

Wait, they changed his name for the western release of the english dub? wth

FrankWza

Funny, my PS4 Pro never crashed once playing Nier. What PS4 revisions are people using in here? Just curious.

Froze on pro before final boss sequence route a. Music kept playing. Had to close out and relaunch. I wasn't up to date on patches though. I also had an issue in lost girl where she just stayed there. Had to lose her and go back to startpoint of mission but didnt freeze.

DKL

Froze on pro before final boss sequence route a. Music kept playing. Had to close out and relaunch. I wasn't up to date on patches though. I also had an issue in lost girl where she just stayed there. Had to lose her and go back to startpoint of mission but didnt freeze.

That mission is actually glitched since you have to ground pound the sand to make hidden enemies appear lol

Had the issue with the lost girl once, but Good to know that most issues were patched already, maybe the reason I had not any issues.

N° 2048

For what purpose?

No idea, just saw it in the Wiki.

I can't stop thinking of this game, I might replay it once I finish Horizon and wait for Persona 5 to release. Got to wrap up what I'm missing for 100% completion.

...I rarely replay games too, but damn, I feel like this one needs a couple playthroughs to catch/understand everything.

Yeah, playing in Japanese and
]most if not all of these the machine bosses are named after philosophers from various countries, as well as some NPCs

Name change could be because of legal issues or just a localization decision

FrankWza

That mission is actually glitched since you have to ground pound the sand to make hidden enemies appear lol

Had the issue with the lost girl once, but Good to know that most issues were patched already, maybe the reason I had not any issues.

Ok good to know. Coming off of the demo i thought the pro performance would be better in general though. I played the demo on my launch system and pro. I could see a huge difference in res and framerate. For a game that doesnt push it graphically i feel framerate should be better on full game.

Crayon

Normal difficulty is perfect. With the mix of exploration and fighting, it's enough to get me perked up when an average fight gets out of hand and then amped for the harder ones without having to struggle to keep the story moving along.

Killer music so far. Great pacing. Great control of course. I'm juggling this and Zelda and Im delighted that they are both such great action adventures with such different approaches.

SkylineRKR

Beat route A and one thing I didn't like was near the end

You get no chance to stock up on heals anymore when the camp is on fire. I had to beat the spider, golem ball and flying thing without curatives. The resistance woman only sells it after you beat all those.

LotusHD

Banned
Beat route A and one thing I didn't like was near the end

You get no chance to stock up on heals anymore when the camp is on fire. I had to beat the spider, golem ball and flying thing without curatives. The resistance woman only sells it after you beat all those.

I didn't know you had to beat all of them. But meh, I just saved after each one, so it all worked out. At any rate, the whole encounter definitely cemented that I shouldn't be so frugal and just buy a whole shit load of Medium Recovery.

DJChuy

Got my first crash at one of the early bosses in route B. 2B' and 9S' head were bent backwards but still playable, the sound went out and then the crash happened.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Arrived last night, started today.

I think I only got as far as the forest place in Nier. My PS3 might be on its last legs though and I really don't want to wait.

My plan is to play through Automata once, enjoy it, then finish Nier, then come back to Automata for the other endings.

Does this sound like an okay plan? Please say it's an okay plan.

Arrived last night, started today.

I think I only got as far as the forest place in Nier. My PS3 might be on its last legs though and I really don't want to wait.

My plan is to play through Automata once, enjoy it, then finish Nier, then come back to Automata for the other endings.

Does this sound like an okay plan? Please say it's an okay plan.

It could be good to take a break from Automata after the first ending if only to avoid burning out on it since route B recycles a lot.

Top Bottom