• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

FrankWza

Froze on pro before final boss sequence route a. Music kept playing. Had to close out and relaunch. I wasn't up to date on patches though. I also had an issue in lost girl where she just stayed there. Had to lose her and go back to startpoint of mission but didnt freeze.

I just lost a good amount of progress because the gamed froze on me. Normally i don't really mind, but now i have to fight the
2 robot ball bosses again, the last one outside the resistance camp was a real pain to beat D:

Guess i'll take a break for today.

Thats 2. Were you updated with most recent patch?

Jiraiza

So I'm at the beginning of route C and very confused.

Got to the part where b2 is infected with the virus and I need to heal her.
I healed her, then killed the other androids. Then it gets to the point where she is infected and can barely move and it says to get away from other androids. I've been through the entire intro sequence 3 times and I keep dying from robots at that point. any suggestions?

When you exit the pipe/sewer, turn right and run through the hallways of the slanted building towards the waterfall. Make sure you're able to move fully before leaving the pipe/sewer, so you don't get stunlocked to death.

KupoNut

What the fuck. I played like 20 or 30 minutes and it never saved my progress? To hell with this game. I don't want to play this intro all over again.

I died during the boss of the intro part (demo ending) too and had to redo the whole thing. They could've at least put a save vending machine before the boss encounter. It's weird because further on in the game save points are pretty frequent.

supergiz

When you exit the pipe/sewer, turn right and run through the hallways of the slanted building towards the waterfall. Make sure you're able to move fully before leaving the pipe/sewer, so you don't get stunlocked to death.

Thank you so much! That part was driving me insane.

Arkeband

Banned
So there's only one missable ending, everything else can be done/obtained later on with some amount of effort?

Do sidequests stick around past story progression and endings mixing things up?

Ending E done.

Spoilers for it
I definitely couldn't hold back the tears. Man, those fucking credits, when things get impossible and everyone who has beaten the game starts helping you and shit, that's amazing. Sorry God Hand, but you're not my number 1 final credits anymore.

Also fuck you Taro for asking me to delete my data to help someone else, you know I'm not gonna. Can I get around this with PS+ data upload?

Absolutely amazing, definitely has a place in my top 5 games.

hughesta

Banned
Route A still, need to go
ask Pascal about A2 after her first appearance.
I can see a few side missions/events on a super low level in the abandoned factory that I can't access... will I be able to get those later or am I missing something simple?

Jiraiza

I can see a few side missions/events on a super low level in the abandoned factory that I can't access... will I be able to get those later or am I missing something simple?

Those are actually access points, but you'll be there soon.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

edit: Misunderstood - yeah, the 'below ground' points will come up naturally.

On a different note, Route B mechanics question - how do I choose
Whether to overload/explode, control, or stun the machines when hacking? I saw the prompt come up once, but ever since, no matter what buttons I seem to hit/hold during the end, the option menu doesn't come up

Ending E done.

Spoilers for it
I definitely couldn't hold back the tears. Man, those fucking credits, when things get impossible and everyone who has beaten the game starts helping you and shit, that's amazing. Sorry God Hand, but you're not my number 1 final credits anymore.

Also fuck you Taro for asking me to delete my data to help someone else, you know I'm not gonna. Can I get around this with PS+ data upload?

Absolutely amazing, definitely has a place in my top 5 games.

Yes if you have a
save in the cloud/usb you can re-download and be fine.

That's what I did...

On a different note, Route B mechanics question - how do I choose
Whether to overload/explode, control, or stun the machines when hacking? I saw the prompt come up once, but ever since, no matter what buttons I seem to hit/hold during the end, the option menu doesn't come up

Those prompts only come up if you
hack
them when they are not aggro'd onto you.

ramyeon

I can't do it. I can't watch ENB's play through of this anymore. He didn't even bother to learn the mechanics of the game, ignored all the RPG AND character action game elements of it, complained when he was getting one shot in Hard mode and then complained it was too easy in Normal. Ughhhh.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Beat route A and beat route B.

On route C now
near the beginning fighting in the war, really loved how casually they brought up the gestalt project when restoring 9S's memories as well as hacking the factory near the end of route B, i presume route C is where things get crazy considering tht small bit of foreshadowing during 9S's reboot sequence in route B, was that supposed to hint t the logic virus infiltrating the bunker?

On route C now
near the beginning fighting in the war, really loved how casually they brought up the gestalt project when restoring 9S's memories as well as hacking the factory near the end of route B, i presume route C is where things get crazy considering tht small bit of foreshadowing during 9S's reboot sequence in route B, was that supposed to hint t the logic virus infiltrating the bunker?

Oh you are in for some fun.

I love this atmosphere and world of this game. It makes me regret not playing Nier 1, even though I watched all the Clemps videos.

I'm really worried about the hole this will live in my mind when I'm done with it.

What the fuck. I played like 20 or 30 minutes and it never saved my progress? To hell with this game. I don't want to play this intro all over again.

xnZxCtC.jpg

On route C now

Crazy doesn't even come close to describing it...

IS THAT WHAT IT IS!? IS IT!? They have been foreshadowing the robots getting taken over the whole flippin game, do the androids get corrupted!?

just play it and find out! :)

Wagram

On Path B and I noticed something I did not last time inside the
alien mothership. There was a hologram of a girl watching us while we were confronting Adam and Eve. If you blinked you would miss it.
Looking forward to seeing what that ends up being.

Squire

Banned
Anyone know the name of the song that plays after the quest
"Photographs"
? Really beautiful. It played after one other quest I did, too.

Rainy

Banned
5-6 hours in, wow that boss fight
in the amusement park was pretty cool, liked the little hacking parts as well. Also holy crap at the Machine Village. Things are interesting...

Also do side-quests and access points look the same on the map or am I just confusing them? Also I notice some of them are in brown areas on the map that look slightly inaccessible, I'm guessing these areas open up as you go right?

5-6 hours in, wow that boss fight
in the amusement park was pretty cool, liked the little hacking parts as well. Also holy crap at the Machine Village. Things are interesting...

Also do side-quests and access points look the same on the map or am I just confusing them...
I believe so, they're more of a "point of interest" than something specific.

I can't do it. I can't watch ENB's play through of this anymore. He didn't even bother to learn the mechanics of the game, ignored all the RPG AND character action game elements of it, complained when he was getting one shot in Hard mode and then complained it was too easy in Normal. Ughhhh.

I mean, he's kind of right that the difficulty balance sucks. Getting one-shot is bullshit, but anything that doesn't one-shot you can just be healed through no problem since you can literally max out your healing items from the very first time you wake up on the Bunker.

There's just a lot more to the game than that, and ENB peaked with the first Dark Souls anyway. Everything he's done since then has been meh. I spent a ludicrous amount of time watching those Dark Souls videos, though, to his credit.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
OK. I now consider routes A and B the first half of the game and C & D(and E i guess) the second half.

I started up C and everything seemed relatively ok and then...shit.

Squire

Banned
Are D and E full routes or just endings to get?

Edit: Still on route B. Would appreciate if someone could answer this with no story spoilers.

Early route B
When 9S is 'booting up' 2B, the movie that plays, that's a recording of you going through the options right? Man, that's really neat.

Top Bottom