• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Smo21

I think I'm gonna take a break and finish up horizon then come back. Just started route b and I dont want to have it feel repetitive

SkylineRKR

I didn't know you had to beat all of them. But meh, I just saved after each one, so it all worked out. At any rate, the whole encounter definitely cemented that I shouldn't be so frugal and just buy a whole shit load of Medium Recovery.

I never needed to buy it until that point so I wasn't prepared. Will do from now on though.

Robbit_80

Got my BBE yesterday, played 8 hours straight today. The game is incredible and the music, my god it's beautiful.

10 on 10 son.

Crayon

This game is put together very well with the limited resources. I'd like to see more niche games built on a template like this. Like older action adventure games. Nier Auto is proof that it still works.

DieH@rd

Banned
Just finished A, had a great time with it. I had a big grin on my face when I started B and saw what is happening. :)

/never played Nier games before

HAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT

Route B Spoilers:

Text section after whale machine. "You're thinking about how much you want to **** (fuck) 2B, aren't you"

It could be good to take a break from Automata after the first ending if only to avoid burning out on it since route B recycles a lot.

This only applies to B, right? I'm assuming C-E, won't be as repetitive? I'm fine with the same environments but I don't want to go through the same story beats a 3rd time.

This game is put together very well with the limited resources. I'd like to see more niche games built on a template like this. Like older action adventure games. Nier Auto is proof that it still works.
Yup. I go back to my PS2 A/A catalog all the time and some of those gems still hold up surprisingly well. Would love more of that.

Get out of my head, Charles!

Some people claim that the Japanese text inplies "kill", but I have no idea how legitimate that is.

I mean I don't have any knowledge either way but if it was "kill" then the story would lose something major from me. Fuck makes far more sense from a character perspective

So how hard is hard? Haven't started this yet and whilst I'm looking for a challenge...I'm no pro at action games lol

Call me a bad gamer but I can't imagine this game without the lockon, outside of shooting it just helps with understanding where the guys are.

Jiraiza

Get out of my head, Charles!

Some people claim that the Japanese text inplies "kill", but I have no idea how legitimate that is.

Pretty sure it's beeped out in Japanese as well, but I'll give it a check when I get around to that part. I think people were implying
it could be "kill" because of the whole idea behind deriving pleasure from combat and how it closely resembles the emotion of love. According to Jackass, anyway.

Any tricks to get (shop spoilers... I guess?)
Emil to move his ass out of the desert spawn point so I can buy his weapons? I had him move after the initial visit to his house but it was near the tower (instead of the resistance camp) and he still didn't have the weapons. Now I'm chapter selecting around and he's back to just sticking around the desert.

Zakalwe

Banned
Everything that reads "Can be exchanged for money" in the description can (and should) be sold

I know about those items, but are they the only ones that are safe to sell? The books don't have that comment.

Or: are these books important enough to keep? Or can I sell them now and find more later?

Sorry if this tech issue may sound a bit off-topic but... Is anyone from Brazil here who also got a physical copy of the game?

Looks like everyone with a disc (brazilian version) is unable to install any of the patches (both 1.02 and 1.03). You can download all the files, but when it tries to install an error code appears - CE-36434-0. Even downloading the patch with an american or japanese account doesn't work.

There are reports that the digital version updates just fine though (just like any physical copy for another country). Lots of friends are reporting the same issue (me as well, just tried to update and it fails) so I'd like to know if someone from GAF is also dealing with this problem.

Thanks.

I just lost a good amount of progress because the gamed froze on me. Normally i don't really mind, but now i have to fight the
2 robot ball bosses again, the last one outside the resistance camp was a real pain to beat D:

Guess i'll take a break for today.

renzolama

Speed Star has officially killed any empathy I was beginning to feel for the machines. Not only does this smarmy prick machine run his mouth off at me before and after every attempt, but he then proceeds to fly straight to the objective in his little douchemobile while I have to take the circuitous surface route like some kind of lesser creature. When I finally lose patience and start beating on him with my swords he mocks my rage with his invincibility and continues to taunt me. Congratulations pal, you just signed the death warrant for every non-hostile machine I come across for the remainder of the game.

kiaaa

Does fast travel get expanded throughout the game? I have some shortcuts, but running from area to area can get old.

Squire

Banned
Beat route A and one thing I didn't like was near the end

You get no chance to stock up on heals anymore when the camp is on fire. I had to beat the spider, golem ball and flying thing without curatives. The resistance woman only sells it after you beat all those.

Why didn't you just
go back up to the Bunker and buy some
?

Speed Star has officially killed any empathy I was beginning to feel for the machines. Not only does this smarmy prick machine run his mouth off at me before and after every attempt, but he then proceeds to fly straight to the objective in his little douchemobile while I have to take the circuitous surface route like some kind of lesser creature. When I finally lose patience and start beating on him with my swords he mocks my rage with his invincibility and continues to taunt me. Congratulations pal, you just signed the death warrant for every non-hostile machine I come across for the remainder of the game.

i'm crying at this

Squire

Banned
So after seeing it mentioned in this thread, o found the
Phoenix Spear.

Seems really good. Anyone know where I can find Pearls to upgrade it?

supergiz

So I'm at the beginning of route C and very confused.

Got to the part where b2 is infected with the virus and I need to heal her.
I healed her, then killed the other androids. Then it gets to the point where she is infected and can barely move and it says to get away from other androids. I've been through the entire intro sequence 3 times and I keep dying from robots at that point. any suggestions?

This is probably what Yoko wanted, the duality of man.

Top Bottom