• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

jonjonaug

Early route B
When 9S is 'booting up' 2B, the movie that plays, that's a recording of you going through the options right? Man, that's really neat.

This ended up being a pain in the ass for me
because I paused during this process so I could tweet and chat about how cool it was that you could tease 9S during setup.

I had to wait like, ten minutes of staring at a (as far as I know, I tried every button I could think of) unskippable menu screen.

It is.
I had to watch myself adjust the brightness twice, haha.

Yeah i watched myself trying to put the self-destruct option on off to go through all the dialogues :D

This ended up being a pain in the ass for me
because I paused during this process so I could tweet and chat about how cool it was that you could tease 9S during setup.

I had to wait like, ten minutes of staring at a (as far as I know, I tried every button I could think of) unskippable menu screen.

Hilarious.
Now you know, don't tweet while you're doing more important stuff like playing vidya games!

Finished Route B, that wasn't strange at all... D:

EDIT: All in all, I really liked it a lot.

Looks like we're at the same spot. I'm gonna stop for tonight, gotta play Persona 5.

Route B was ok up until
post whale boss. Those revelations, and taking control of those robots was awesome.
Route C looks like the game will hit next level greatness.

LotusHD

Banned
Looks like we're at the same spot. I'm gonna stop for tonight, gotta play Persona 5.

Route B was ok up until
post whale boss. Those revelations, and taking control of those robots was awesome.
Route C looks like the game will hit next level greatness.

Yea I did it all in one sitting because people made it seem like it'd be the most tedious one. Which it was I suppose, but frankly I overall really enjoyed it, including all the hacking elements​. And yea, past that part shit got even better.

Any tricks to get (shop spoilers... I guess?)
Emil to move his ass out of the desert spawn point so I can buy his weapons? I had him move after the initial visit to his house but it was near the tower (instead of the resistance camp) and he still didn't have the weapons. Now I'm chapter selecting around and he's back to just sticking around the desert.

Reposting because I'm still at this shit

Absol

Does weapon abilities stack? Like I'm using the Ancient Overlord weapon right with the Crit ability. If i equip Fang of the Twins which also has crit+ will those two abilities stack?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
uhhhhhhh wat

route C, if you go into the desert, cheerful yorha girl is still sitting at the mirage oblivious to the destruction of the entire organization

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
dat scale though, you can see the tower rising into the sky all the way at the far edge of the desert. art direction in this game is on point

While we're waiting on Jim & EZA's reviews, I figured I'd give an update on how it's faring.

COGconnected & the appropriately named We Got This Covered have given the game a 90 and 100 each, bringing the unweighted average up to 89.6034.

Assuming perfect scores from both Jim & EZA, that becomes 89.95. (Unweighted)

#SoYou'reSayingThere'sAChance

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jiraiza, BRS and the rest of the experts better not fuck off in the next 6 days for when the barrage of PC player questions come in :3

Jiraiza

Jiraiza, BRS and the rest of the experts better not fuck off in the next 6 days for when the barrage of PC player questions come in :3

Thread's not quite at its final form yet when the PC players aren't here. I'll be getting it on the PC too, though.

Go_Ly_Dow

Just completed playthrough A and am now on playthrough B.

Without any spoilers, do I need to do anything specific to get all the alternate endings (items, quests or making a backup save?), or do I just go with the flow of the game?

9S just talked about that Jean Paul guy and there was a "beep" sound, like something was censored.
Was that intentional, or really censored?
Playing with english dub.

Masked Man

I said wow
9S just talked about that Jean Paul guy and there was a "beep" sound, like something was censored.
Was that intentional, or really censored?
Playing with english dub.

He's Sartre in JP, as well as in the EN version on the JP disc. My guess is they found out late in development they weren't allowed to say "Sartre" in overseas markets for legal reasons, so beeping it out was the quickest, cheekiest option they had.

The game just crashed super crazy.
My character stucked / freezed in different positions, after jumping, running and attacking. Then it freezed completely and kicked me into the home screen, after like 20 more seconds.
Playing on the PRO.

Edit: Damn, lost over an hour of playtime.

The frame rate stutter is the only thing that bums me out about this game. Boost Mode doesnt help either, I'm going to turn it off and see if it runs any better.

The frame rate stutter is the only thing that bums me out about this game. Boost Mode doesnt help either, I'm going to turn it off and see if it runs any better.

Playing on the PS4 Pro without boost mode, and there is a lot of stuttering. Especially when sprinting around the world. The Pro is getting pretty loud very often.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Route B late-game -
Definitely just saw hologram chick again while boarding to fly down to Earth to stop Eve, lol. Thought my eyes were playing tricks on me when Adam and Eve disappeared from the Alien ship and the hologram appeared for a split second.

Arkeband

Banned
Playing on the PS4 Pro without boost mode, and there is a lot of stuttering. Especially when sprinting around the world. The Pro is getting pretty loud very often.

I don't think you guys understand how Boost Mode works - it only applies to non-Pro patched games. It wouldn't work with Automata anyway.

sunlapse

Neo Member
Need some help on what I think is towards the end of Route A

The resistance camp was just raided by the machines and I am doing the boss battle immediately after – when the goliath turns into Eve. I didn't have quite enough recovery items to get through it on first try and it doesn't seem like if I reload from the point after clearing out the camp of all machines that there's any way to purchase any more items. Am I completely fucked or am I missing a way to acquire more?

The resistance camp was just raided by the machines and I am doing the boss battle immediately after – when the goliath turns into Eve. I didn't have quite enough recovery items to get through it on first try and it doesn't seem like if I reload from the point after clearing out the camp of all machines that there's any way to purchase any more items. Am I completely fucked or am I missing a way to acquire more?
Bunker or maybe the village

You might be able to warp to the Bunker? Honestly not sure.

LotusHD

Banned

Doesn't Anemone sell you stuff at that point? She did for me. Talk to her.

General impressions of game?

Debating on what to get between this, GR2, and Yakuza 0

Dammit, as much as I loved GR2, go with Nier first.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Route B end -
Who the fuuuuuuuuuck are these holograms when the crying scene is taking place? Are they the pods? They both looks kinda unisex, when the pods have different 'genders' for their voices. but...hmmmm

Baust

Working on getting 100% and right now I'm trying to track down (Archives spoiler)
Project Gestalt Report 7.

I've looked some things up and it sounds like it's somewhere above the City Ruins - Cave area? And it uses the (Sidequest spoiler)
elevator key you got from completing Emil's quest?

Moonkid

Spoiler-question regarding the music, can I expect OG tunes aside from
Song of the Ancients and Emil
on the way to Ending E?
Fast travel is disabled and I'm already in the village...
I put it down a difficulty notch from normal to easy, made it less of a chore.

Ourobolus

Banned
Working on getting 100% and right now I'm trying to track down (Archives spoiler)
Project Gestalt Report 7.

I've looked some things up and it sounds like it's somewhere above the City Ruins - Cave area? And it uses the (Sidequest spoiler)
elevator key you got from completing Emil's quest?

If you can remember where the 3rd Speed Star race ends, there's a pipe you can jump to from that building. Elevator is in there. It's actually a sizeable area.

Satch

Banned
CAUSE WE'RE GONNA SHOUT IT LOUD

EVEN IF OUR WORDS SEEM MEANINGLESS

ITS LIKE IM CARRYING THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD

BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png