• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Volcynika

Question about accessing a sidequest (still a bit early game, just about 6 hours in)

There's a downed goliath with an icon, but I can't seem to access it, even jumping on its head slides me off. How do I get it?

Also, if an item description just flat out says "Can be sold for money", am I free to do so, or is that description also used for items needed for crafting?

Should I sleep more often , do I benefit from it ??

Unfortunately, there's no benefit as far as I can tell. Not even something superficial like bonus dialogue.

I think the game would have benefited a lot from rewarding the player for sleeping in a bed, especially after they make such a big deal out of (extremely minor early game spoiler)
Anemone letting you have the little dorm in the resistance camp

Hektor

Question about accessing a sidequest (still a bit early game, just about 6 hours in)

There's a downed goliath with an icon, but I can't seem to access it, even jumping on its head slides me off. How do I get it?

Also, if an item description just flat out says "Can be sold for money", am I free to do so, or is that description also used for items needed for crafting?

Stand underneath its head and lookup, you should be able to talk with it

Everything that reads this sentence in the description is trash and not used for anything

Repeat boss and midboss because of random joke ending - just a second before saving too. Repeat again because boss is glitched the second time. With inferior route b gameplay nonetheless.

WdzcYwE.gif

benzopil

This game is phenomenal.

I expected it to be amazing (that's why I was always hyped about it) but I didn't expect to be blown away. Incredible experience.

Hopefully Platinum will survive after Scalebound thing and hopefully more people will buy NieR.

Repeat boss and midboss because of random joke ending - just a second before saving too. Repeat again because boss is glitched the second time. With inferior route b gameplay nonetheless.
..]

I get what they were going for with Route B, it just doesn't really work though. I also hate shmups though so that didn't help at all.

addik

Just got Ending C
and unlocked Chapter Select mode!

I'm assuming that to get the true ending
I'll have to play as 9S in the final boss fight?

Just got Ending C
and unlocked Chapter Select mode!

I'm assuming that to get the true ending
I'll have to play as 9S in the final boss fight?

Yep.

I'm hoping to start this in the upcoming week. Arethe different endings clear enough to get or should I be using a guide?

The main endings are super clear, the other jokier endings take a bit of thinking but aren't too hard to get (assuming you want to get these of course).

Im a big nier fan but short on money. im considering just watching a lets play of it... should i wait (god knows how long) till i can Play it or just watch a LP? I mean the strong point is obviously the story and the OST.
You're a big Nier fan. You just answered your own question.

Yu Narukami

So which weapons am I supposed to buy and upgrade? Also should I explore everything, for instance the Desert Area? Or only do the main quest there?

Kain

I tried the auto-destruct function just to see what it does... and yeah, you explode but 2B loses the skirt and goes around flaunting her ass. Yep, that's Yoko Taro alright.

Top Bottom