• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Labolas

I ended my playtime on having
to rescue 9S
. Am I heading towards the ending?
Saw Emil and was shocked to see him act normal and just being seemingly another npc in the game

So which weapons am I supposed to buy and upgrade? Also should I explore everything, for instance the Desert Area? Or only do the main quest there?

Every weapon is balanced and viable.

I personally really like the spears, but i had trouble finding their upgrade materials so i usually stuck with small sword/large sword

As far as exploring, i was introduced to most area's multiple times by doing sidequests/main story. Just keep an eye out for items, little hidden area's with chests, etc.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I just got to the
robot village
and now have to go back to the resistance HQ. Lots of side missions have opened up all over the map.

Are these missions missable?
Is there any kind of fast travel between areas? Should I wait until that gets unlocked?

I just got to the
robot village
and now have to go back to the resistance HQ. Lots of side missions have opened up all over the map.

Are these missions missable?
Is there any kind of fast travel between areas? Should I wait until that gets unlocked?

Yes, there is fast travel. Just continue the main story until you unlock it, and then do side quests.

I personally really like the spears, but i had trouble finding their upgrade materials so i usually stuck with small sword/large sword

As far as exploring, i was introduced to most area's multiple times by doing sidequests/main story. Just keep an eye out for items, little hidden area's with chests, etc.
From what I've noticed the upgrade materials are based on the set they're in, not by the weapon type. If you get another spear it shouldn't need the same materials.

Noticed I never got Combat Bracers in the entirety of route A. Is that normal?
There's a set in the forest, there's another in A I think but I don't remember where.

Crayon

Guys, remember to tag spoilers like boss fight names, etc.

I'm visiting this thread a little less frequently since the release because the games just out in the wild now. I don't mind it too much because it's much a side effect of so many people playing the game right now. And that makes me happy. Such a great game.

N° 2048

Christ almighty, what is with this fucking game?
I can't stop thinking of it, I can't play anything without thinking of it.

tenor.gif

Finished
25/26
endings and did most of what there is to do but I still want to play.

It's the same thing that happened with Watch_Dogs 2 for me, and that ended up being my first Platinum.

Guess this is going to be my second Platinum, might help the fixation :p I think I only have 5 or 6 trophies left .

Yoko Taro save me.

Yu Narukami

Thank you for the answers.

Hagi

This game is weird as hell and I love it. Just got to (early game spoilers)
the robot Disneyland.
I have no idea what's going on lol

Christ almighty, what is with this fucking game?
I can't stop thinking of it, I can't play anything without thinking of it.

tenor.gif

Yoko Taro save me.

I'm hoping route C does this to me. The story arc of A-B is honestly very
short in retrospect. Adam, and Eve weren't developed very well. They died way too soon if you ask me.

I felt way more attached to NieR's cast . They were also very well developed since the main story was 20+ hours. Emils story arc kills everything in this game so far.

Clov

Just finished Route B.

I liked the new additions to the route. Hoping I can find some answer as to who those strange holographic girls are. I noticed they popped up a few times, like in the end of the cutscene with Adam and Eve in the alien base.

Route C:
I just finished the intro, I think. Basically I just got out of the bunker. That was... intense as hell. I can't wait to see what happens in this route!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm hoping route C does this to me. The story arc of A-B is honestly very
short in retrospect. Adam, and Eve weren't developed very well. They died way too soon if you ask me.

I felt way more attached to NieR's cast . They were also very well developed since the main story was 20+ hours. Emils story arc kills everything in this game so far.

I feel like this game is more about
musing about the existential nature of man versus machine and the bonds we carry forward than trying to make a fully characters based story.

The robots are commentary on gaining human sentience, adam and eve's relationship on trying to understand human cultural norms because of their relationship to aliens and machine lifeforms, and their childish mindsets in regards to learning about things like books and such, and the androids are what embody the human spirit and directly carry over from their creators, but they are all still mechanical fighting over data of an extinct race. If you zoom out the conflict, its more of a thought piece, while still bringing the melancholy and haunting nature of the first along.

I find it very interesting in how it differs from the first in that way. Of course going through C and D now, it does change it up from A and B, so don't worry

realcZk

About 8 hours in and having a blast. Any reason to hang into the ore items or am I safe selling them? I've been selling most items that mention they can be sold for gold, aside from machine cores and a few that looked interesting

Which game version is it on 1.02 or 1.03?

I don't have 24/7 access to internet on my ps4 so I play offline. When I downloaded the game from the store and connected it friday the 10th, it has version 1.02 but when I google people say there's 1.03 which fixes item names.

NierPatchNotes-670x141.jpg

But my version 1.02 claims the same.

realcZk

Which game version is it on 1.02 or 1.03?

I don't have 24/7 access to internet on my ps4 so I play offline. When I downloaded the game from the store and connected it friday the 10th, it has version 1.02 but when I google people say there's 1.03 which fixes item names.

NierPatchNotes-670x141.jpg

But my version 1.02 claims the same.

1.03 is the latest, they changed the name of one item due to some drama online (google nier NIN64)

Jeeves

Hey guys, question about the Steam launch. I assume most of you are PS4 players but maybe someone can answer this for me?

I don't often pre-purchase Steam games but I love Nier, so here I am. My question is can I expect a preload and a midnight launch? And if so, for which timezone? I'm in MDT and when Nintendo does a digital midnight launch, I can usually start downloading it a couple hours before midnight in my timezone.

I just want to know if I'll have time to get started on this before I go to bed Thursday night, or if I'll have to wait until I get out of work. The anticipation's already getting to me!

Kaname

So, just finished route A and a couple hours in B
(visiting the desert for the first time)
. Since I haven't looked at anything online is there anything missable that might prevent me from watching all the endings or getting all the extra stuff and trophies? Spoiler free answer would be much appreciated unless it's impossible :)

addik

Posted this at the spoiler thread but I just finished Ending E. Wow, that was incredible.

Please, someone hold me.

I decided to do the selfless thing I'm such an idiot.

I just died like 5 times in the absolute start of the game, any shame in going down to normal difficulty?

I mean platinum games are always hard, but I'm getting stomped.

Philippo

I need as many tips on combat as possible, i got past the factory by only using basic sqare square triangle / triangle triangle square combos, but i know there are many more layers.
I've never played many character action games (actually almost none), so i think i'm quite the noob.
Also, any tips on the chips?

I just died like 5 times in the absolute start of the game, any shame in going down to normal difficulty?

The opening is the hardest part of the game, but hard is REALLY hard here.
I've been playing on normal. It's easy, so I wish there was an in-between cause I'd like a bit more challenge but not pointless deaths left and right especially with the load times after death.

Hektor

So, just finished route A and a couple hours in B
(visiting the desert for the first time)
. Since I haven't looked at anything online is there anything missable that might prevent me from watching all the endings or getting all the extra stuff and trophies? Spoiler free answer would be much appreciated unless it's impossible :)

You don't have to worry, just play.

There's a lot of shame involved, but if you can live with that eternally, you don't lose out on anything if you put it down a notch, you can also always turn it back up if you feel it becomes too easy again

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I tried starting this last night and one of the very first quests I got seems to be glitched. There's absolutely nothing in the area where I'm supposed to go for it. I beat a group of enemies there and got some of the items required but not all. They don't respawn and there's nowhere else to go. Am I missing something?

I'm past the intro, doing the two quests you get from the camp.

Top Bottom