• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Chilikar

My game crashed the ps4 right when I was saving.... Lost all progress I made in the past 4 hours because PS+ didn't upload the files since. I was like halfway through ending B :(. I almost completely finished all my side quests too, and now I have to redo them. Feeling no motivation at all guys.

Soma

damn that was quite a conclusion to route b. some crazy revelations too towards the end.

excited to see how the game can expand upon all that

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

i wiped the memories...i did A2's story fully and then i switched to 9S and...i went to pascal's village...and....yeah this is definitely a Yoko Taro game, i mean fuck

EDIT ADDED: Super late game spoilers!!

Started crying during the
credit role for Route E after you die a few times and "friends" came to help that coupled with the song really got to me

What an amazing adventure. Yoko Taro, Platinum Games, and Square-Enix, thanks for making such an amazing game.

LotusHD

Banned
Who the fuck keeps cutting onions while I'm playing?

Route C spoilers (9S, Pascal):
Went back into Pascal's village where he's currently a lonely amnesiac due to wanting to forget about his children committing suicide. Fucking heartbreaking.

Rainy

Banned
Does fast travel unlock later on? (Is there even a fast travel?) While I don't mind running between different areas it is slightly tedious during side-quests.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Who the fuck keeps cutting onions while I'm playing?

Route C spoilers (9S, Pascal):
Went back into Pascal's village where he's currently a lonely amnesiac due to wanting to forget about his children committing suicide. Fucking heartbreaking.

did you try and buy something from him? Shit

ramyeon

Does fast travel unlock later on? (Is there even a fast travel?) While I don't mind running between different areas it is slightly tedious during side-quests.
It unlocks pretty early on. Just play main quest missions until you get it.

You mentioned you just
beat the two Goliaths, so you're very very close.

DNAbro

I'm on route B at the moment and I'm just kind of bored atm. So far it's mostly a retread of A but a more boring to play version. Hoping it gets better or at least more interesting.

Samikaze

I'm on route B at the moment and I'm just kind of bored atm. So far it's mostly a retread of A but a more boring to play version. Hoping it gets better or at least more interesting.

It started slagging a bit for me in Route B also. Just push through it. Once you get past the
whale boss
, it changes drastically and the story starts taking off again.

Arkeband

Banned
Still on Route A, some questions though based on what I've seen (plot holes?)

Adam and Eve were "birthed" and were "learning" in my first fight with them, yet somehow they killed the aliens and have some giant master plan? Is this supposed to make sense or did I miss something? Were they around long before the robots plopped them out?

Other than that, enjoying it so far.

Chilikar

Adam and Eve were "birthed" and were "learning" in my first fight with them, yet somehow they killed the aliens and have some giant master plan? Is this supposed to make sense or did I miss something? Were they around long before the robots plopped them out?

They're talking about the machines in general, they didn't "personally" murder the aliens.

I honestly don't know why people are blasting through this game so fast, I'm just shy of 20 hours in and I feel like I'm a long way from being done with route A.
The side quests are boring and the world is too small to explore, even if it wasn't you can't open any of the worthwhile chests in route A so it's sort of a wasted effort. So I did the story instead.

bronk

Banned
My game crashed the ps4 right when I was saving.... Lost all progress I made in the past 4 hours because PS+ didn't upload the files since. I was like halfway through ending B :(. I almost completely finished all my side quests too, and now I have to redo them. Feeling no motivation at all guys.
I feel your pain man this happened to me before and I just stopped playing and moved on. I watched endings of game on Youtube. If you feel youll have fun re doing it go for it. But if you are like me its tough re doing something after a loss like that. Good news there is never ending great games right now.

Samikaze

I'm only on route C, but yes they get more detail.
Route B spent more time showing them and their plans off.

I have my own theories, but I'll hold them off until I've beaten route E. I'm sure it's explained by then.

Came home from work at 3am last night with this in my backpack, played until about 7, slept, kept playing...now it's 5 am and I'm at work again thinking I'll be able to play again in about 2 hours. This game is unhealthy for me. :(

So far I got up to (area spoiler)
the robot amusement park
and I think I saw my favorite rendition of
Romeo and Juliet

Safe in the knowledge that it's only getting better I think I can already say this will be one of my favorite games at least this year right beside Yakuza 0.

Chilikar

I feel your pain man this happened to me before and I just stopped playing and moved on. I watched endings of game on Youtube. If you feel youll have fun re doing it go for it. But if you are like me its tough re doing something after a loss like that. Good news there is never ending great games right now.

Damn that's terrible, was it also Nier Automata? I'm starting to worry it's my console and not Nier, since I've played all day. The only thing that makes me think it's the game is that the game has crashed my console maybe 3 times already. One of them being a complete shut down.

That being said, I think I might just playing some more Horizon before I return to Nier, because that really soured my experience.

The English voice work in route C has been amazing.

9S, especially. Big props to his voice actor! I just cleared the
2nd tower (flooded city), Shit's gonna go down eh.

Moaradin

I can't believe how fucking good Route C starts off. This game.

And yeah, the voice acting is phenomenal. Big props to Kyle McCarley.

Route C

BIG EARLY-ISH SPOILERS

I love how they put
opening credits for this route, signaling that now this is the true beginning of the game.

Also, wow at them just
unceremoniously killing 2B like that. I didn't really warm up to her character (or to 9S for that matter), so it was more of a shocking scene than emotional one.

Right now, I'm having a bit of a hard time with
A2
. I'm fighting that
desert machine
and the game is telling me to use
berserk
, but even when I do I'm not really doing that huge of a damage, and my HP depletes really fast. Even when
I beat these balls and their HP hits zero, they just put up a shield which I apparently have no way of destroying.

Am I doing something wrong here? I'm level 53 and have two Lvl 3 spears equipped.

I never understood how the multiple ending systems worked in Yoko Taro games so starting Route B was quite the surprise.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
are those naked twin guys in the trailers a big part of the story? they look creepy / cool

So, I just realized my pre-order stuff never showed up in the game. I downloaded them when I bought them, but don't see a way to select any of the pod skins?

Jiraiza

So, I just realized my pre-order stuff never showed up in the game. I downloaded them when I bought them, but don't see a way to select any of the pod skins?

Close your game and start up again. I'm assuming the DLC was installed while your game was running.

Hikami

I just beat route A

Started up B

How long am I forced to
play as 9S? I don't like using him at all...

I felt the same at the start.

Still playing through route B though so I can't answer that but I recommend just not trying to play him like you played 2B. Use different chips, you even get hacking specific chips which can be fun. Started having fun that way.
Especially with how he can take control over enemies. (You have to hack them stealthily to do that, before they notice you.) So in a way, as 9S you get to play around with a bunch of different playstyles as you hack enemies.

LotusHD

Banned
I just beat route A

Started up B

How long am I forced to
play as 9S? I don't like using him at all...

You're basically doing the whole Route A again, with a good amount of changes.

EDIT:

All this 2B and 9S fanart has taken a whole new meaning for me now that (Route B spoilers)
it is definitely obvious that 9S clearly wants to fuck 2B.

zewone

Got the true ending.

Game was phenomenal, but the characters and story were much better in the original. Automata bests it in every other regard though.

10/10

is there a guide to side quests that lists which are important or whatever cuz damn they are almost all a drag and rarely help out with world building.

Exentryk

The fated reunion!

C6wGVPxVsAAiapt.jpg

Mid Route C spoilers.

2B being gone is sad and all but A2 is fucking awesome. Her berserker mode, better dodge, taunts (the one with the spear is the shit) and her personality that comes through in Pascal's village has made her my instant favourite character. I wasn't into her design at first but it's grown on me, maybe if it wasn't for the high heels.

Can't wait to learn more about her unless she turns out to be Hitler.

Top Bottom