• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Weiss

Banned
D is identical to C, minus a single (and obvious) choice you need to make at the end, and E is like an epilogue that's only available after getting ABCD. That said, you can use the chapter select option to go right to the very end of the D route without replaying everything.

So do I have to
do two separate playthroughs of C and D to get E, or can I complete C and jump to the end of D?

Demoskinos

Question! What is the name of the song that plays on the PSN dashboard when you press down to go to the game menu and select start?

BriGuy

So do I have to
replay C to get D as well?
C/D are the same route, but whatever choice you make at the end will be designated "C" and the other choice will be designated "D."

You don't have to replay the whole route to make the other choice. Just use the newly available chapter select option to go to the end.

And definitely play the C/D campaign. A and B are like the first half of the game, and C/D is the second.

Weiss

Banned
C/D are the same route, but whatever choice you make at the end will be designated "C" and the other choice will be designated "D."

You don't have to replay the whole route to make the other choice. Just use the newly available chapter select option to go to the end.

And definitely play the C/D campaign. A and B are like the first half of the game, and C/D is the second.

Okay that's good.
Route C has decided to go batshit right out the gate so I think I'm going to enjoy it a lot.

Menome

Okay, I've been avoiding as much Nier: Automata content as possible, but as I'll be starting the game this week, I just want to be certain I've got this right in terms of endings:

• Play the game as it is: Ending A.
  • Play through again: Ending B.
  • Play through again-again, make a choice. That becomes Ending C.
  • Chapter-select is unlocked. Go back to the choice, pick differently and that is Ending D.

Once C & D have been seen, then go through one last time for Ending E?

Hektor

Okay, I've been avoiding as much Nier: Automata content as possible, but as I'll be starting the game this week, I just want to be certain I've got this right in terms of endings:

• Chapter-select is unlocked. Go back to the choice, pick differently and that is Ending D.

Exactly

Jolkien

Just finish route B. Kinda wish I could've skipped all the part that are the same with Route A but overall it was still a lot of fun.

End of route B spoiler:
I was pretty surprised about humanity being extinct, I wonder why the Androids keeps fighting.

Shandy

When you get Ending B and think
"That wasn't so bad."
And then you start the scenario for C/D and you're like
"I should have known catastrophe was just around the corner."

huudis

Neo Member
The feeling you get when you enter the amusement park and see how hard the robots try to be like humans, almost like they started to admire the human lifestyle. You notice how lost they are and how they don't have any purpose in life.

I felt bad for the robots
that has evolved some kind of self awareness
and has
emotions
. So sad story, the game want's you to feel
bad for killing them

I really like this game, only down side is the framerate issues we have with the consoles.

ChanMan

Those Yorha Pearl Harbor Documents were really great to read. Reminded me of the "A Thousand Years of Dreams" in Lost Odyssey.

End of route B spoiler:
I was pretty surprised about humanity being extinct, I wonder why the Androids keeps fighting.

They made up the lie about some humans escaping to the moon specifically because android morale was low after word of humanity's extinction began to spread. Only the commander knows it's a lie.

Weiss

Banned
They made up the lie about some humans escaping to the moon specifically because android morale was low after word of humanity's extinction began to spread. Only the commander knows it's a lie.

It is weird that
the Androids continue to fight, though. Why bother fighting if there's no reason to fight? Both the humans and the aliens are dead.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Lol love the game but man if you fuck up and fall at the start of route C is one of the most frustrating things ever. I also don't think you can save basically lost 1 hour of progress in the most stupid way because of that.
You get infected by a virus that disables functions like jumping well it's pretty fucking hard/impossible to get to the shopping mall from the crater in that state. Have to basically start over now from the very beginning of C.

Hektor

Lol love the game but man if you fuck up and fall at the start of route C is one of the most frustrating things ever. I also don't think you can save basically lost 1 hour of progress in the most stupid way because of that.
You get infected by a virus that disables functions like jumping well it's pretty fucking hard/impossible to get to the shopping mall from the crater in that state. Have to basically start over now from the very beginning of C.

You can save at the space station prior iirc
Don't go through the crater. Walk left or right arround it

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

lol no thanks, i'm not playing through the same game 3 times just to see a different ending. Youtube it is.

lol no thanks, i'm not playing through the same game 3 times just to see a different ending. Youtube it is.

You should at least start the second playthrough before you decide not to keep going.

It is weird that
the Androids continue to fight, though. Why bother fighting if there's no reason to fight? Both the humans and the aliens are dead.

End of route B spoilers:
I haven't completely finished the game, but maybe the androids who initially formed YoRHa think there's some hope for humanity due to the genetic code being stored on the moon (if that's even true...). They can't make any progress on that front if Earth is still overrun with the alien's machines.

Weiss

Banned

It's actually quite different

You play Route A, Route B is the same but with a different character with a changed moveset, and Route C/D are a wholly unique campaign separated by an ending choice.

End of route B spoilers:
I haven't completely finished the game, but maybe the androids who initially formed YoRHa think there's some hope for humanity due to the genetic code being stored on the moon (if that's even true...). They can't make any progress on that front if Earth is still overrun with the alien's machines.

I interpret it as a "futility of conflict" kind of thing. The YoRHa and machines are fighting because that's just what they're supposed to do. What else is there to existence with their creators gone?

ChanMan

It is not really the same game, Route B does repeat most content but from a different perspective. After that route C is really different from the first two.

This is wrong anyways.

Play the game as normal - Ending A
Play the game again from different perspective - Ending B
Completely new game, 2nd half - Ending C
Chapter select last boss - Ending D
Chapter select last boss again, make a choice - Ending E

Theres only one point you repeat content and thats route B.

Hmm, how long is one playthrough?

First playthrough took me about 20 hours, second playthrough took me about 15 (but I used the opportunity to finish up side quests). Skipping side quests, you could go boss to boss really quickly. It's not really New Game+ as you're probably used to in other games.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's actually quite different

You play Route A, Route B is the same but with a different character with a changed moveset, and Route C/D are a wholly unique campaign separated by an ending choice.

Okay this sounds way more interesting,
but i definitely wouldn't have played it again if all that was different was just the ending.

Qurupeke

Hmm, how long is one playthrough?

Doing a lot of sidequests, Route A took me about 20-25 hours (50% of the sidequests), Route B was like 6-8 hours (20% of the sidequests) and Route C about 10-12 hours(20% of the sidequests). Without spoiling anything, let's just say that Route C is like the second half of the game and it's certainly not a replay. Even Route B doesn't feel that tedious, it's quick and the changes make it enjoyable and an interesting take on Route A.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Doing a lot of sidequests, Route A took me about 20-25 hours (50% of the sidequests), Route B was like 6-8 hours (20% of the sidequests) and Route C about 10-12 hours(20% of the sidequests). Without spoiling anything, let's just say that Route C is like the second half of the game and it's certainly not a replay. Even Route B doesn't feel that tedious, it's quick and the changes make it enjoyable and an interesting take on Route A.

why do you hate sidequests? :(

:3

why do you hate sidequests? :(

:3

I know this is just a joke but for me I like to play the story mainly first then I go back and do sidequests and stuff later.

I normally do a few sidequests or specific ones but I like to hit the main story first for the most part.

Jocund

I'm going through the game for a second time and it's just as fresh as the first. It's been a while since a game's had me like that.

And also, don't go to the "I like girls" thread.

C route & M ending?
So im at the point were pascal's village is being attacked. But i still have a sidequest left to complete so i decide to do that first. After a while the game suddenly goes black and receive the message that Pascal's village has been destroyed while i was taking a stroll. Ending M. I mean what? How many of these endings are there? And more importantly, how many have i missed so far? Anyay these joke endings are pretty neat.

I interpret it as a "futility of conflict" kind of thing. The YoRHa and machines are fighting because that's just what they're supposed to do. What else is there to existence with their creators gone?

Still end of route B spoilers for those not following the conversation:
Futility of conflict is a major theme in the game, we see both machines and androids struggling with this. I'm more thinking of the motivations of the initial android founders of YoRHa. Androids were all losing the will to fight, but a few wanted to keep fighting (and lying to other androids to keep them fighting) in spite of there being no reason to. Maybe it was just something as simple as their programming dictating that decision. Like I said, still need to finish, I'm just thinking outloud.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know this is just a joke but for me I like to play the story mainly first then I go back and do sidequests and stuff later.

I normally do a few sidequests or specific ones but I like to hit the main story first for the most part.

it was a joke, because he said 50%, then 20% / 20% :p

N° 2048

C route & M ending?
So im at the point were pascal's village is being attacked. But i still have a sidequest left to complete so i decide to do that first. After a while the game suddenly goes black and receive the message that Pascal's village has been destroyed while i was taking a stroll. Ending M. I mean what? How many of these endings are there? And more importantly, how many have i missed so far? Anyay these joke endings are pretty neat.

A-E are true endings
Y is secret boss ending
F-X, and Z are joke endings.

I tell myself the same thing but I just can't help myself doing sidequests if they are even just slightly on the way to the main story objective. I know none of them are unmissable (afaik?) but I just get a ridiculous sense of FOMO when it's a game I'm really enjoying.

I have found three and killed each one, the price for their meat combined net me over 90k.
I see.

Oops my sword slipped.

GVnIkYt.gif

Philippo

Man, thank god i have real life duties and thigs to do, otherwise i wouldn't be able to quit the game, i'm in a cafe now and my hands are literally itching to pick up the controller again!

Btw, couple of question about chips:
-how does chip fusion works?
-when i set up a second loadout, can i use the same chips or do i have to buy/acquire new ones?

Also, animal skin only drops from mooses and boars right? :(

Route B observation:
Holy shit I hate using 9S his style is so slow compared to 2B's, she's doing most of the work in our fights while I focus on trying to kill one machine.

Route B observation:
Holy shit I hate using 9S his style is so slow compared to 2B's, she's doing most of the work in our fights while I focus on trying to kill one machine.

Load up on Range Attack+ chips for groups of small enemies and focus on hacking larger enemies. He's definitely more of a support role though (makes sense given the story). But I actually find myself missing how easy it is to kill large enemies with 9S when going back to 2B.

Weiss

Banned
So here's something I noticed about the Pod Programs:
They dissipate into the same runes as Weiss' spells. As such it's fairly likely that Pod Programs are based off the same source as the spellbooks and the Gestalts.

Dantis

Just finished route A. Completely brilliant,

In terms of sidequests, does it start from scratch on new game + or do I start with 37% finished? Because I'd rather not do them all again.

Top Bottom