• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

LotusHD

Banned
Is this game supposed to be this hard?

I'm on 1.00 (Sadly the updates here in Brazil are broken and Square doesn't give a shit)

Died twice and didn't get in any check points or saves.

1 hit kill from the first claw right after the beginning. This is unfair

Put the game on Normal.

convo

No... I really do get the point, it's just not a point worth locking the true ending behind. It fucks with the longevity of the game to make a really basic ass meta statement.
If catastrophe strikes there is going to be the PC version which will get broken into, and the weird stuff it does will get preserved for posterity. Is it worth paying PS+ for playstation owners? Perhaps that's a bit much to ask.

Is this game supposed to be this hard?

I'm on 1.00 (Sadly the updates here in Brazil are broken and Square doesn't give a shit)

Died twice and didn't get in any check points or saves.

1 hit kill from the first claw right after the beginning. This is unfair

You can abuse dodge and never get hit. Just have patience and only attack during openings. Mash dodge all other times. There is no stamina bar and the iframes are insane.

No... I really do get the point, it's just not a point worth locking the true ending behind. It fucks with the longevity of the game to make a really basic ass meta statement.

By all means, make it so that's how it is online, but don't make the game damn near impossible to finish offline.

This reminds me of Taro's talk on breaking through the wall of "things that you aren't supposed to do" in games.

Wagram

By all means, make it so that's how it is online, but don't make the game damn near impossible to finish offline.

You should play Drakengard 3 to experience something even more sinister.

Dio

Banned
Fucking finally.

I mentioned that my copy shipped on the 3rd but my copy didn't come until release day, meaning that my short vacation was mistimed and I couldn't bring it with me.

Thankfully I was able to pick it up today - this was the last day before the UPS warehouse was going to ship it back to Best Buy. I got off the plane and drove to the warehouse to pick it up.

w0ph8kY.jpg

Excuse the mess - I had a ton of cool games I'm planning on selling soon and some I'm not that were in another state and I brought them back with me. I dumped out the contents of my backpack and carryon onto my bed since I barely have space in this apartment.

Now my copy of Automata can sit next to my preorder copy of Drakengard 3.

Time to dive in since I still have a few days off work.

Fucking finally.

I mentioned that my copy shipped on the 3rd but my copy didn't come until release day, meaning that my short vacation meant I couldn't bring it with me.

Thankfully I was able to pick it up today - this was the last day before the UPS warehouse was going to ship it back to Best Buy. I got off the plane and drove to the warehouse to pick it up.

Excuse the mess - I had a ton of cool games I'm planning on selling soon and some I'm not that were in another state and I brought them back with me. I dumped out the contents of my backpack and carryon onto my bed since I barely have space in this apartment.

Now my copy of Automata can sit next to my preorder copy of Drakengard 3.

Time to dive in since I still have a few days off work.

Enjoy, and watch out for spoilers!

You should play Drakengard 3 to experience something even more sinister.

I only tried soloing the ending a few times. But I dunno, you sure Drakengard 3 end would be that much harder. I guess it does come out of nowhere gameplay wise and has those last couple insane notes.

Dio

Banned
Enjoy, and watch out for spoilers!

I've been trying very, very hard.

The only things I've been spoiled on is that
Route C on is different completely from A & B, you play as 9S in B, there's a debug stage with chiptunes, that screenshot of 'You want to fuck 2B,' and a couple bosses from trailers - and that section in the Jimpressions video where he finds the robots imitating human behavior.

I think I did okay.

I've been trying very, very hard.

The only things I've been spoiled on is that
Route C on is different completely from A & B, you play as 9S in B, there's a debug stage with chiptunes, that screenshot of 'You want to fuck 2B,' and a couple bosses from trailers - and that section in the Jimpressions video where he finds the robots imitating human behavior.

I think I did okay.

Yeah, you're fine.

Hektor

My NieR: Automata World Guide has been stuck at the customs for 5 days now SadFace

I only tried soloing the ending a few times. But I dunno, you sure Drakengard 3 end would be that much harder. I guess it does come out of nowhere gameplay wise and has those last couple insane notes.

Drakengard 3 is actually unfair designed, Automata's ending is just hard, in addition to that, the latter got checkpoints.

I'm pretty sure i could eat my way through Automata's credits in less than three hours without help as opposed to the entire day it took me to beat D3's even with a videoguide. I think i'm going to try that once the PC version hits.

e_i

This game is WEIRD. I'm at a
peaceful robot village after destroying a robot opera singer.
The music is very strange, like children singing mixed with electronica music. The music so far is this game is really, really eerie.

Crayon

Counter attack is the one after a timed evade right?

The counter chip lets you parry an attack by "meeting it" with a forward tap of the stick. It's like street fighter 3 parries. Imagine swatting the attack away from your face at the last moment. Takes practice.

Philippo

Holy fuck the amusement park stamp quest got creeeeeeeepy.

The counter chip lets you parry an attack by "meeting it" with a forward tap of the stick. It's like street fighter 3 parries. Imagine swatting the attack away from your face at the last moment. Takes practice.

Ugj, i thought it was the one where you throw enemies in the air.
Might as well take it out my set then, i'll never use it.

Edit: heh, it actually seems pretty doable, i'll practice a bit more then.

Crayon

Wait what. I didn't use that chip in my entire playthrough. Does it pay off?

It's fun to use and you can be really aggressive with it since it staggers the enemy, does a little damage, and let's you resume attacking quickly. A perfect Dodge is easier and safer, tho.

Wait what. I didn't use that chip in my entire playthrough. Does it pay off?

You can stack the damage on it pretty high, plus it gives you a free counter attack launcher or whatever. And its just convenient for stopping enemies without having to dodge everywhere like a nut, though all in all I'd say just dodging is probably sufficient for most enemies. I mainly use it for style points.

Its not nearly as useful as it was in Bayonetta or Metal Gear: Rising but I just like having options. Its nice for getting some free hits in during the
Adam and Eve
boss fights.

Ending B down. I guess this is where the true Nier experience begins right?
saw some hologram women in route B. I'm guessing they're important somehow. Creepy though.

Samikaze

Been slowly dragging through this game. Damn work schedule.

Got to the
Tower
in route C.
Damn 9S is fucking losing it
. I love it.

SkylineRKR

The parry also has insane leniency. I sometimes feel like a pro player when I parried like 3 enemies in a row after doing about 2 perfect evades.

Philippo

God fucking dammit, that has to be the funniest
Romeo and Juliet
adaptation i have ever seen.

This game has more charme than almost all of this generation's titles put together.

SkylineRKR

Romeo and Juliet

This game has more charme than almost all of this generation's titles put together.

That was perfection.

Not only
Pisseth off, but also I'll tear the Shit out of thee!

So I'm trying to do the
Not That I Mind…
trophy and it's been over an hour and still no trophy. Please tell me I didn't do it wrong :(

Romeo and Juliet

Yeah I loved that scene.

Carbonox

How do I access the side quests (or red marks on the map) at the prologue area (once you get past the prologue itself)? There are two that I cannot seem to get to. Some sort of passage I haven't considered?

Jiraiza

How do I access the side quests (or red marks on the map) at the prologue area (once you get past the prologue itself)? There are two that I cannot seem to get to. Some sort of passage I haven't considered?

They're access points you'll get to later in the game.

You mean the factory? Hop on the broken bridge in the middle of the city ruins and it should take you there.

Top Bottom