• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

There's really only one I can think of that is required
Nuclear Arms Manual

Oh wow. I picked that up and went in Chapter Select afterwards to collect other intel, so Pascal didn't recognize that I had it when I got back to him. Had to open the same chest to get it again and THEN get back to Pascal directly.

This game isn't really good when it's about triggers for side quests, especially if Chapter Select is involved.

Oh wow. I picked that up and went in Chapter Select afterwards to collect other intel, so Pascal didn't recognize that I had it when I got back to him. Had to open the same chest to get it again and THEN get back to Pascal directly.

This game isn't really good when it's about triggers for side quests, especially if Chapter Select is involved.

Yea, it makes going back a pain.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
it's not. its Keiichi Okabe

Okabe has done Tekken 6, NIER, Drakengard 3 and now NieR: Automata.

His studio is MONACA and his OSTs have been GOAT material especially NIER and NieR: Automata

I think he's done most tekken's since 3, i dont think it was just 6..

True Fire

So, at pax east they pretty much confirmed that if there's enough demand. Drakengard Collection PS4 is going to happen.

drakengard_and_nier_replicant__gestalt_for_ps4_by_marblegallery7-dazq4i1.jpg

I know people don't like these petitions but if no one is gonna make one, I'll do it. I won't miss a chance to get Drakengard 3 for PS4.

I'm totally down for this. I shilled my heart out for Xenoblade and Digimon Cyber Sleuth and both of those worked out beautifully.

he is only credited with 6 as main composer

he was part of sound department and music for the others but not the main guy it seems.

Alongside Nobuyoshi Sano on Tekken 3 as composer (even split between them). http://vgmdb.net/album/1054 So really it's been since Tekken 3 that he did lots of Tekken music.

Alongside other Namco composers such as Shinji Hosoe, Nobuyoshi Sano, Yū Miyake and Akitaka Tohyama, Okabe does his stuff well. His work as an Arranger is also excellent.

Alongside Nobuyoshi Sano on Tekken 3 as composer (even split between them). http://vgmdb.net/album/1054 So really it's been since Tekken 3 that he did lots of Tekken music.

Alongside other Namco composers such as Shinji Hosoe, Nouyoshi Sano, Yū Miyake and Akitaka Tohyama, Okabe does his stuff well. His work as an Arranger is also excellent.

Hmm okay. i am not huge into the tekken series so i am just going off of what I am seeing on imdb and other resources like that.

Huh. I found
Emil
over by
Father Servo
. When I first opened the shop, he was selling +3 chips. Ten minutes later or whatever after fighting
Father Servo
, he was selling materials, even though he hadn't moved or anything and I hadn't left the area.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
OK, Speed Star 3 is impossible surely. WTF.

Dash a lot and you can also consume a speed buff item and the best way is try to float to the pathway on the left side as far as you can.
Huh. I found
Emil
over by
Father Servo
. When I first opened the shop, he was selling +3 chips. Ten minutes later or whatever after fighting
Father Servo
, he was selling materials, even though he hadn't moved or anything and I hadn't left the area.

Weird I thought it was location based for the stuff he sells. Might be a bug though. I encountered a good amount of them during my playthrough. None too major nor even annoying they were more like weird stuff and behavior.

Huh. I found
Emil
over by
Father Servo
Father Servo
The way the shop changes inventory is weird, sometimes you can close the shop and immediately talk to him again and he'll have a different stock

So what's the best way to farm money post game?
Need about 200k to get that last trophy lol.

Edit: wait I just realized.
When buying trophies couldn't you just save, buy them, then reload the save to keep all your cash?

convo

I sadly have to wait an entire week before i can play the game again. By that point the game will have been data-mined to death with the PC release.
So much stuff to catch up to, at least reaching level 99 before getting any ending will make plowing through the endings in one go a lot easier.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It's more like crappy Geometry Wars than a bullet hell game. And I'm sure the underlying message will mean a lot to people who can't get the real ending when the servers go down.
And Mass Effect is pretty big on planet probing

That hot take.

Online elements are fine, you missed the entire point.

Just because servers might go down at some point years and years from now doesn't even mean anything.

The point is there is always someone there to pick you back up if you are willing to receive help rather than close yourself off.
It needs to be online. And again, you missed the point
No... I really do get the point, it's just not a point worth locking the true ending behind. It fucks with the longevity of the game to make a really basic ass meta statement.

By all means, make it so that's how it is online, but don't make the game damn near impossible to finish offline.

Is this game supposed to be this hard?

I'm on 1.00 (Sadly the updates here in Brazil are broken and Square doesn't give a shit)

Died twice and didn't get in any check points or saves.

1 hit kill from the first claw right after the beginning. This is unfair

Ourobolus

Banned
Is this game supposed to be this hard?

I'm on 1.00 (Sadly the updates here in Brazil are broken and Square doesn't give a shit)

Died twice and didn't get in any check points or saves.

1 hit kill from the first claw right after the beginning. This is unfair

The prologue doesn't have any save points. If you're on Hard, drop it to Normal. The game is a lot more manageable after the prologue, when you can save.

Top Bottom