• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Just got ending C and wow on where that went. It's made automata game of the gen for that alone. I played the original Nier so the whole route had way more impact.

I found the Bomb programme really good for the forest groups, particularly as the weaker enemies often clump together at the front and once a lot of them die in the initial few hits, the remaining bombs follow wherever you next lock-on as you mop up the rest. Really satisfying :). Very glad I stumbled on that second pod
in the desert
completely by accident.
Is so common for people to find by stumbling on it that I think is placement is purposeful, and the map designed to make it easy.

Samikaze

Stayed up way later than I wanted, but just beat it and Got ending E.

Not going to to lie, NieRs original story punched me way harder so I was feeling let down by this one until the end.

This is on par with Spec Ops : The Line for me.
The more I sit and think about it, the more it hits.

duckroll

Is there any planned big content DLC for Nier?

They're waiting for suckers in SE Asia who have no self respect to buy keys from third party sellers and register them on their account getting all excited to play the game, then they'll announce major DLC which they once again CANNOT BUY on Steam. That's their plan.

Question for ending e.
do I have to agree to delete my save to access the epilogue because I was kicked out when I said no. Have one side quest left and would rather not be forced to start from scratch again.

Does anyone know where 16b is to hand the memento quest in to please? It started in the hangar but she isnt there now.

IIRC she's at the very back of the hanger (where you boarded the flight units early on). It's the same place where you got the quest, I don't remember her ever moving though. Did you progress the story any between getting the quest and going to finish it?

Shengar

Nothing announced yet
There's a cheap EU copy of the game in my regular store. I know the PS4 can buy digital content from other country just fine, but EU price is really stings with conversion.
They're waiting for suckers in SE Asia who have no self respect to buy keys from third party sellers and register them on their account getting all excited to play the game, then they'll announce major DLC which they once again CANNOT BUY on Steam. That's their plan.

It never come to me that this situation might happened :/

Hektor

Question for ending e.
do I have to agree to delete my save to access the epilogue because I was kicked out when I said no. Have one side quest left and would rather not be forced to start from scratch again.

i'm pretty sure you don't have to, i saw the ending the first time without deleting my save just fine, deleted it only later on cos i felt it was the right thing to do

Audioboxer

Think I'm gonna buy this when out today. Have been tossing Nier up with Yakuza for a while, and I think I'll have to go Nier first!

i'm pretty sure you don't have to, i saw the ending the first time without deleting my save just fine, deleted it only later on cos i felt it was the right thing to do

Can I ask what ending e is or is it just the
the cutscenes after the shooting gallery with the credits
. Because the trophy popped but no actual further gameplay.

Freeman76

IIRC she's at the very back of the hanger (where you boarded the flight units early on). It's the same place where you got the quest, I don't remember her ever moving though. Did you progress the story any between getting the quest and going to finish it?

Yeah I have I think, Im getting lost amongst everything lol

Yu Narukami

I humbly apologise for my ignorance but it seems like you really want to play the game, so why not buy the game on PS4? If you don't have a PS4 or really want to play on PC please ignore my post. I only want to help a fellow GAFfer enjoy this incredible game.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Is there any planned big content DLC for Nier?

YT said nothing large planned as they have no budget outside of the base game

Game is still good but think a bit more closure would of been better. Still easily one of the best games on the ps4.

If there's one thing YT games dont do its give you closure or answering of questions, but there are 26 endings so i think its fine content wise

This is about where I am. Granted I only started the day before yesterday (it took forever for my Black Box Edition to arrive from SE), so I'm mostly just taking my time, doing side-quests, running across the environments, etc. So much fun, I'm really enjoying it. The only issue I have is the frame stutters that happen in the open-world (I'm playing on a PS4 Pro too), but aside form that, no complaints.

2B is amazing as I knew she'd be. Also, the humor in this game is just incredible.

Edit: Also, the music. THE MUSIC! Perfection.
Ah yes, I've blamed a few deaths on frame rate inconsistency and stuttering. I'm not sure if it's causing dropped inputs, but there are times when air combos just won't come out or dpad inputs don't register, making me spam the wrong healing item. The game plays infinitely better when I back off and take swings from a distance. And that's probably what I should be doing anyway; it is an RPG after all ;)

I am kinda bummed out that I only got one ending on my first playthrough. None of the other joke endings, lol.

Need to explore more, I think. Only took me 13h. On normal the game is really easy, too. Died only once.

duckroll

I humbly apologise for my ignorance but it seems like you really want to play the game, so why not buy the game on PS4? If you don't have a PS4 or really want to play on PC please ignore my post. I only want to help a fellow GAFfer enjoy this incredible game.

Ignoring your post as per request.

YT said nothing large planned as they have no budget outside of the base game

Was this before or after it sold 200k in a single week in Japan? :)

Shengar

I don't know with duckroll, but for me who own a decent PC rig and PS4, I want to play this game more on my PC than PS4. There's no problem for me however when I can't buy it for PC at acceptable price (dollar straight conversion is a bitch) and must play it on PS4. Despite that, I can't said that it is not infuriating to have your region blocked out from buying the game when it's available on anywhere else. That feeling of being blocked to buy a game on your favorite platform just because an unknown and arbitrary reason.....yeah this is infuriating.

Arkeband

Banned
I'm a little bummed that weapons don't change their model when you upgrade them, although I can understand making every weapon look cool right out of the gate might be more fun to some people.

the androids created yorha, it says it right in the game, in order to preserve their meaningless existence because other androids were giving into complete despair fightin the Aliens and robots, and they fooled resistance members on t he ground into beliving in it by faking radio signals from the moon in order to increase resistance morale. It is again explained in text documents you get in the game.

I just finished route C, so spoilers for that.

Are you sure this is right? Documents in Route B say this, but later parts of the game imply machines created Yorha. That whole tower part threw a lot of info at me, so I'll have to replay it. But that's my understanding at the moment.

Edit: nm, I'm just gonna venture into the spoiler thread. See y'all on the other side.

Oh my god. There is a sidequest where you need 95% Unit Data to complete it, I have 85%.

There probably isn't a guide on that yet, huh?

Ubernube

Both. He said the same at the recent PAX event. They did mention the voice actor wanting Caim costume DLC, so maybe they'll make some cosmetic stuff, who knows.

Of course, for all we know he could be downplaying things as he tends to, like with this game in general. A thing to keep in mind is that he made the comparison to Witcher 3 when talking about substantial story dlc, but well, very few devs go as far as Witcher 3 did.

Still probably a good idea to keep expectations down like he wants so one doesn't become disappointed if the DLC just ends up being minor fluff or things like that.

Melchior

I've been checking GMG every single day to see if my code is up. I'm starting to get really antsy over here. My entire weekend is going to be dedicated to this game. I'm so excited.

Top Bottom