• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

So guys, i just finished the second main mission (the one in the amusement park with the robotic lady from the trailer). What should i do now? I have the map filled with side missions. How do i approach them? Do them all before progressing with the main story or i can do a few and move on?

I read here the third mission is really hard, i'm level 12. What level should i be before getting into? The robotic lady was level 15 and i barely beat her...

Edit: what are these route a and route b you all talk of! I can't understand...

Arkeband

Banned
Ah cheers everyone. Too late now to get it I think but oh well, it was bugging me lol

And those Resistance peeps didn't stay true to their word and give me my money back (though I probably never finished their quest off).

I think this quest actually ends differently depending on what route you're in, I did it in B and it ended the opposite way that the wikis state it ends.

Audioboxer

About to start. Excite. I just read you can
buy trophies after 3 playthroughs

That's one way to help us OCD guys and gals who hate being stuck at 70~80% LOL.

Baalzebup

°°ToMmY°°;232132995 said:
When you get the proper credits roll for the first time isn't nowhere near the end of the game. You'll understand when you get there. No reason to sweat about it when it isn't anywhere near the time to sweat about it.

True Fire

So guys, i just finished the second main mission (the one in the amusement park with the robotic lady from the trailer). What should i do now? I have the map filled with side missions. How do i approach them? Do them all before progressing with the main story or i can do a few and move on?

I read here the third mission is really hard, i'm level 12. What level should i be before getting into? The robotic lady was level 15 and i barely beat her...

Do the side quests that sound like they'll be fun or meaningful. Ignore the rest.

I'm pretty sure when people say the third mission is hard, they mean the third campaign (Route C). You don't have to worry about that for another 20 hours, so just focus on having fun right now.

Ending E, did i fucked up?

I choosed to help people in the world, and all my progress is deleted now. Thought it was just a test, lol. Didn't made the platinum trophy before this. I have to do everything again, right? Even Cloud Saves don't work Damn xD

Ending E, did i fucked up?

I choosed to help people in the world, and all my progress is deleted now. Thought it was just a test, lol. Didn't made the platinum trophy before this. I have to do everything again, right? Even Cloud Saves don't work Damn xD

Well yeah, you were asked, should have taken it seriously xD

Question regarding this:

Do Cloud Saves really not work? Like, I can't backup my save in the online storage and download it afterwards? I planned to do the deleting option later.

Well yeah, you were asked, should have taken it seriously xD

Question regarding this:

Do Cloud Saves really not work? Like, I can't backup my save in the online storage and download it afterwards? I planned to do the deleting option later.

My Cloud Save from yesterday really seems not to work
I downloaded it into my System, but the game still just says "New Game" in the menu.

Edit: My bad. It works! Man, I'm happy.

Once I get the Platinum I 100% plan to
wipe my save to help others
. It's the only way really.

Let's try and be more careful with our spoilers, eh?

Many would rather be surprised to see how that is unveiled, and feel the brunt of the realization themselves.

Hikami

Has anyone actually gotten the platinum trophy without
buying the trophies they're missing?

Wondering how long that would take. Think I'd rather get it myself since I still want to play more of the game.

chrono01

The one from the BBE does only have two songs from Automata. It's the live concert which was mostly focused on music from the first Nier.
I hadn't listened to the one included in the BBE yet, since I wanted to experience the songs first in-game, but nice to know that it's worth importing the full Nier Automata OST too. Reason being, I placed a pre-order for it last night on Amazon.jp. :)

Man, I've had the music stuck in my head all day and I love it. Can't wait to play more this evening.

Edit: BTW, I haven't looked into it much (out of fear of spoilers), but does this game have a New Game+ feature? I'd love to replay through the entire thing again with my later enhancements, not to mention DLC outfits if we ever get them.

If you're on Normal then nothing should kill you or even hit you unless you aren't paying attention. Spam dodge. It's game breaking.

sjay1994

Any one know where the events are located in the factory? Been running around it for a while and I have no idea how to get to them

I finished the game yesterday, but only now after I stopped to think about it, I'm starting to actually feel and realize everything that happened.

Man, my emotions are all over the place :(

OniBaka

I finished the game yesterday, but only now after I stopped to think about it, I'm starting to actually feel and realize everything that happened.

Man, my emotions are all over the place :(

Yeah, it didn't click when I beat it but when I had time to think it really got to me. Almost got me in tears.

Has anyone gotten the platinum? Is it hard? I got it for Horizon and I think I want to get it for NieR too.

I hadn't listened to the one included in the BBE yet, since I wanted to experience the songs first in-game, but nice to know that it's worth importing the full Nier Automata OST too. Reason being, I placed a pre-order for it last night on Amazon.jp. :)

Man, I've had the music stuck in my head all day and I love it. Can't wait to play more this evening.

Edit: BTW, I haven't looked into it much (out of fear of spoilers), but does this game have a New Game+ feature? I'd love to replay through the entire thing again with my later enhancements, not to mention DLC outfits if we ever get them.

Yes and no. It's designed for you to beat more then once but you don't really redo content.

Audioboxer

Has anyone gotten the platinum? Is it hard? I got it for Horizon and I think I want to get it for NieR too.

I've only just started, but as my spoiler above says
trophies can be BOUGHT after 3 playthroughs. Yes, bought, with in-game earned currency. Easy plat.

Qurupeke

There's a way to buy trophies with ingame money, so the entire process can be fairly fast. In case you want to obtain them fair and square, other than a few trophies that need grinding, it doesn't seem like it's such a difficult task.

Is there a trophy for maxing out the Pod? That shit seems like the hardest thing to grind for. 40 hours of playing and I only have B at level 2. Is max level 3 or 4?

HeelPower

The open world in this game is so good.

Sure, its not Witcher 3 or Horizon levels of pretty ,but you instantly gain a sense of place and connectedness that hits all the right notes.

Devs,its not just about raw graphical fidelity or sheer endless space.

LotusHD

Banned

Sure, its not Witcher 3 or Horizon levels of pretty ,but you instantly gain a sense of place and connectedness that hits all the right notes.

Yea it's a little tedious to travel through, but everything is connected in a way that makes sense. And yea, I'm happy that if anything, it's not one of those open worl ds that boast about its size. Also has a fair bit of cool shit to find, so that's neat as well.

Yep, and 4 is the max

I see I've found this game's flower sidequest. That's the one things in the first NieR I never bothered doing.

edit-
Re: the world, I really liked it because there's a lot of nooks and crannies with secret stuff you would never see if you just followed the main story thread. I had a good time exploring and finding hidden chests or weapons

nOoblet16

Route A = Chapter 1
Route B = Chapter 2
Route C = Chapter 3

The credits roll after each chapter so it's technically an "ending" but it's not complete. In order to get the entire story you have to play all chapters and fulfill some requirements.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

I just came here to say how messy it feels, lol. I'd prefer a linear game like Metal Gear Rising over the psuedo-open world they have here. It's like the Mario 64/Sunshine hubs, only in this weird JRPG/Action game hybrid, and it feels very out of place to me.

Also, lack of auto-save is killing me. I just lost to
white cube wielding Adam
and have to go all the way back through
that stupid city again
instead of hitting a retry button... this is frustration I haven't felt since a few generations ago.

I'm not liking this game as much as most people are. I'm still expecting a "what a twist" moment, though.

nOoblet16

Any advice or recommendations for
playing as 9S

You need to focus on doing ranged attacks and I said this yesterday but I'll repeat it again

1) Buy Spear
2) Throw Spear

Maybe add damage chips to do more damage but the spear stun locks almost everything and if you get the enemies clumped up you can hit all of them at once. It's kind of OP.

I tried the spear throw to see what the hype was and hit a moose for 4k damage when my normal hits definitely were not that high. It was good.

LotusHD

Banned
I just came here to say how messy it feels, lol. I'd prefer a linear game like Metal Gear Rising over the psuedo-open world they have here. It's like the Mario 64/Sunshine hubs, only in this weird JRPG/Action game hybrid, and it feels very out of place to me.

Also, lack of auto-save is killing me. I just lost to
white cube wielding Adam
and have to go all the way back through
that stupid city again
instead of hitting a retry button... this is frustration I haven't felt since a few generations ago.

I'm not liking this game as much as most people are. I'm still expecting a "what a twist" moment, though.

What route are you in?

I tried the spear throw to see what the hype was and hit a moose for 4k damage when my normal hits definitely were not that high. It was good.

I realized that in my attempt to equip a bunch of other shit, I took off my damage values chip. Oh well...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What route are you in?
The first one. I mean I think I have the general gist of what's going to happen down
your information on machines is entirely misguided and they're sentient or even have human souls inside of them or something, 2A is wanted because she realized they were the bad guys and is actually good, Adam and Eve are commentaries on human nature and its tendency towards violence, etc.

Waiting to see how right/wrong I am

Also I bet Route B
has you play as 2A, what a tweest

LotusHD

Banned
The first one. I mean I think I have the general gist of what's going to happen down
your information on machines is entirely misguided and they're sentient or even have human souls inside of them or something, 2A is wanted because she realized they were the bad guys and is actually good, Adam and Eve are commentaries on human nature and its tendency towards violence, etc.

Waiting to see how right/wrong I am

Also I bet Route B
has you play as 2A, what a tweest

Why do so many of y'all keep calling her 2A, put some respect on her name lmao

Anyways, Route A, neat, I hope you enjoy it all!

Not enjoying Route B as much as A due to the playstyle difference, although I do think it's pretty clever.

I liked it just for the fact that things died a lot faster.

ramyeon

Not enjoying Route B as much as A due to the playstyle difference, although I do think it's pretty clever.
I'm kind of loving it, although it's early days yet
Just beat Adam in the desert
. I feel all kinds of OP with hacking. Felt good to take out those
gold machines
, that gave me so much trouble in Route A, with such ease.

Xliskin

Fuck.
I had such good chips, and now they're gone!
All fault of this stupid valley quest where the final machine is 20 levels above all the others and oneshotted me twice.
This is stupid.

Yeah don't know why they didn't even bother to put level for each quest this is so stupid to me I did the same mistake that fight was tedious af

Top Bottom