• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Nier: Automata Completed
Nier: Automata Platinum Trophy
Nier: Automata saves deleted
Fantastic fucking game

Not doing it again, But still giving praise where it is due.

Fisty

I feel like I'm going insane, last 2 hrs of game trying to get back to Pascal to give him the viscous oil. How the hell do I get back there?!?!?

Moaradin

I feel like I'm going insane, last 2 hrs of game trying to get back to Pascal to give him the viscous oil. How the hell do I get back there?!?!?

Didn't you open the shortcut that goes to the city? If not, you'll need to go through the amusement part pathway again.

remz

There's a gate to the village on the right of the wooden bridge near the radio tower (opposite side of map to resistance base)

Arkeband

Banned
Didn't think Ending B would affect me as much as it did,
especially since it's more or less the same, but having just spent ~6+ hours getting to know him a little better made all the difference and added so much more significance to the scene and especially "it always ends like this".

Samikaze

Didn't think Ending B would affect me as much as it did,
especially since it's more or less the same, but having just spent ~6+ hours getting to know him a little better made all the difference and added so much more significance to the scene and especially "it always ends like this".

If that hit you that hard, Wait until you finish Route C ;)

Phazon_Chaos

Neo Member
I've been (very slowly) making my way through the game and enjoying it so far. I'm still only on the initial route, but I think I'm at least starting to get into the meat of it. I've been trying to do a good amount of sidequests, and I think I'm about 6-6.5 hours in and I've just found out that
the machines killed off the aliens long ago, although I am a little confused, since I assumed the humanoid machines that came from the mass of machines in the desert were Adam and Eve, but when I met them in the alien mothership they were talking as though they'd been around for some time.
I'm really intrigued to see where the story goes from here, especially once I start diving into the other routes. The dialogue from the various machines you fight is giving me serious OG Nier vibes, so I'm interested to see if that goes anywhere beyond what I've seen so far.

As far as gameplay goes I've been enjoying it, although I am wondering, when you die, is the only thing lost any non-HUD chips you had equipped? I lost my body by wandering back to the area of the desert boss fight later on, and I tried to retrieve it but got destroyed again by the enemies there.

acsn

I can't stop thinking about this game. Truly a masterpiece that takes full advantage of the medium. I was starting to get a little down on it after i got the first ending and thought I would have to simply replay it to get a bit more context, but it's so much more than that. The gameplay, the music, the story, the games themes, they all just come together so perfectly in the end.

Bravo Yoko Taro.

So all I've got left is Ending E, I decided to
buy all the trophies from the shop lol.
No regrets.
As much as I love this game, that all just seems like too much of a grind.

Demoskinos

So.... the
"Speedster"
Sub-quest vanished for me.... did the main mission where you meet
Adam and Eve
in the crater of the city
and then afterwards went back to cleaning up some sidequests and....little robot buddy was nowhere to be seen. :(

Anyone else get this? Any solutions? Is this a glitch? The quest is still on my quest log. :(

ramyeon

So.... the
"Speedster"
Sub-quest vanished for me.... did the main mission where you meet
Adam and Eve
in the crater of the city
and then afterwards went back to cleaning up some sidequests and....little robot buddy was nowhere to be seen. :(

Anyone else get this? Any solutions? Is this a glitch? The quest is still on my quest log. :(
Try saving and reloading. Sometimes he's in weird, inaccessible places on the map for whatever reason.

I have to be up in 5 hours for work but I feel the need to finish route C tonight. The boss battle
where you transition between 9S and A2 was my favorite part of the game so far.
I hope I'm near the end so that I can go to sleep.

I've been (very slowly) making my way through the game and enjoying it so far. I'm still only on the initial route, but I think I'm at least starting to get into the meat of it. I've been trying to do a good amount of sidequests, and I think I'm about 6-6.5 hours in and I've just found out that
the machines killed off the aliens long ago, although I am a little confused, since I assumed the humanoid machines that came from the mass of machines in the desert were Adam and Eve, but when I met them in the alien mothership they were talking as though they'd been around for some time.
I'm really intrigued to see where the story goes from here, especially once I start diving into the other routes. The dialogue from the various machines you fight is giving me serious OG Nier vibes, so I'm interested to see if that goes anywhere beyond what I've seen so far.

As far as gameplay goes I've been enjoying it, although I am wondering, when you die, is the only thing lost any non-HUD chips you had equipped? I lost my body by wandering back to the area of the desert boss fight later on, and I tried to retrieve it but got destroyed again by the enemies there.

It seems like a lot of people lose their first corpse in that same spot :lol

I think you lose exp in addition to chips, but probably not a lot.

Exentryk

Anyone know if shock wave and speed increase stack? Does the shock waves increase in size or do they do more damage?

Shockwave chips do have 8 levels, but I'm not sure how they change from each level. Movement Speed Up can be stacked up to 20% speed increase.

Aurizen

Shockwave chips do have 8 levels, but I'm not sure how they change from each level. Movement Speed Up can be stacked up to 20% speed increase.
Ah cool. It's difficult to figgure out what chips to add wish she got upgraded to a 512 chip android 😂😂

Finally getting to start Nier after Horizon, can't wait! This is probably the most annoying question ever (and I did end up Googling/searching a bit), would any of you mind sharing your control schemes? I've tried quite a few variations (including a more Dark Souls-esque control scheme suggested by some Gamefaqs users, which felt quite good), but inevitably there is just one or two actions that don't line up right, or I'm doing weird button presses simultaneously. I guess it's having to manage the Pod/Fire on top of dodge, heavy/light attack, jump, etc, plus lock-on with normal mode. I didn't have this much trouble with the demo, but I feel so clumsy for whatever reason - and I normally never remap controls in games! Hopefully something will click.

Jiraiza

Finally getting to start Nier after Horizon, can't wait! This is probably the most annoying question ever (and I did end up Googling/searching a bit), would any of you mind sharing your control schemes? I've tried quite a few variations (including a more Dark Souls-esque control scheme suggested by some Gamefaqs users, which felt quite good), but inevitably there is just one or two actions that don't line up right, or I'm doing weird button presses simultaneously. I guess it's having to manage the Pod/Fire on top of dodge, heavy/light attack, jump, etc, plus lock-on with normal mode. I didn't have this much trouble with the demo, but I feel so clumsy for whatever reason - and I normally never remap controls in games! Hopefully something will click.

L1 - Fire
L2 - Weapon Switch
R1 - Evade
R2 - Pod Program

Milijango

I'd start by swapping L1 with R2.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
There Def looks like a quest in a Completly out of bounds area but...doesn't seem to be resetting. =/

You can't actually miss any of the side quests, you'll always get another chance to do them. Try pushing forward with the story and you might get a chance to go back to it. Don't worry, you'll be Fine ;)

LotusHD

Banned

Go with L1 for Evade, L2 Pod Program, R2 Switch Weapon, R1 Fire

Having Evade be near the attack buttons was a big no-no for me.

Damn, I think I just had the ending spoiled for me by browsing Instagram.

9S stabbing 2B and saying something about memories.

Just let me know now. Yes or no?

Shit, easier said than done. Sure I'm screwing around with side quests and general combat. Even then I'm only able to sit down for an hour or two a day with it. I'm going to switch to normal and start powering through. :/

Demoskinos

Anyone know what this is and what to do here? There looks to be a quest marker on the other side but I can't get there? For reference if the picture doesn't make it clear its
down the secret elevator on the cliffside near the city right before the forest area.

17353283_1222625991146809_3806606897621931308_n.jpg

Top Bottom