• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Finally getting to start Nier after Horizon, can't wait! This is probably the most annoying question ever (and I did end up Googling/searching a bit), would any of you mind sharing your control schemes? I've tried quite a few variations (including a more Dark Souls-esque control scheme suggested by some Gamefaqs users, which felt quite good), but inevitably there is just one or two actions that don't line up right, or I'm doing weird button presses simultaneously. I guess it's having to manage the Pod/Fire on top of dodge, heavy/light attack, jump, etc, plus lock-on with normal mode. I didn't have this much trouble with the demo, but I feel so clumsy for whatever reason - and I normally never remap controls in games! Hopefully something will click.

I did a massive switch up and made it as close to Souls as I could.

L1 fire
L2 pod program
R1 light attack
R2 heavy attack
Triangle interact
Circle evade
R3 target lock
X jump

I do have a scuf though.

Philippo

Noooo, discovered my connection can't handle Vita Remote Play when outside, will have to wait till the sunday to play again...
No end of Route A for a while then, i was so pumped after the
Copied City
:(

Baalzebup

I'm still only at Route B but the info provided by a certain set of hacking and a certain remark from a random Operator near the Commander after A
dam and Eve
were introduced have made some things pretty clear.

And then it is said straight out just a little later.
Doh :p

LotusHD

Banned
I'm still only at Route B but the info provided by a certain set of hacking and a certain remark from a random Operator near the Commander after A
dam and Eve
were introduced have made some things pretty clear.

And then it is said straight out just a little later.
Doh :p

What was it?

hughesta

Banned
Jesus fucking christ I'm level 52 and am doing negative damage to
Emil
even with tons of damage boosting chips installed. Any tips? This shit is absurd and I'm at the
missile protect
mission so don't want to progress further in the game.

Eh. I'm still on my first playtrough, due to completing all sidequests &
crushing golden & big rabbit statues
and I'm lvl. 70 right now.

I guess I'm a tiny bit overpowered for the final boss of route A aswell, I guess?

Question: Does the enemy levels scale later on? Or as soon as you get
chapter select
? I know they scale for the flight missions. Because that mission with the
giant machine
had enemies at my level 54. Though the
giant machine
itself was around 20, I think?

Also, I'm playing on Hard which makes it atleast a bit tough still.

DNAbro

Just finished Ending C. Jesus christ man this fucking game.

I guess I'm a tiny bit overpowered for the final boss of route A aswell, I guess?

chapter select
giant machine
giant machine

I think i was level 30 when I did that final boss lol

EndMerit

You know, during my first playthrough I did find those small smooth rocky areas in the desert to be a bit odd... Well I'm on the second playthrough now, sands have shifted enough to reveal them more, and whatever that's all about I want nothing to do with it!

Baalzebup

You know, during my first playthrough I did find those small smooth rocky areas in the desert to be a bit odd... Well I'm on the second playthrough now, sands have shifted enough to reveal them more, and whatever that's all about I want nothing to do with it!
Haha, they are actually visible in route A as well, if you go there later in the storyline.

Wait, what?

This is a thing that happens??

Naite

chapter select
giant machine
giant machine

Sadly they never scale. So if you overlevel you make the game way too easy even on hard mode and without chips.

Razmos

Friendly reminder: Remember that PC players will be playing this game for the first time tomorrow so please be careful about posting spoilers in here, even stuff that you consider as minor like playable characters or mechanics.

Let them experience the game like you did

Baalzebup

uh... is this something that is visible in C? I never noticed anything weird in the desert in A or B.
I've yet to start Route C (just finished B), but that stuff was covered when I visited the area in during Route B, so I'm pretty sure you just need to visit the area late into the storyline.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it was uncovered again when I went there later in route B, so story progression almost has to be the key on that one.

Fuck me....

Sony Brazil started Recalling every copy. Sent mine today and they don't have an estimated time to deliver a new version.

Guess my weekend will be boring as fuck.

LotusHD

Banned
Is it recommended to blast through Route B? What side quests I should definitely do?

Pascal village ones, one that gives you the wire pod program (check the building in the city where you fight the Goliath), Devola and Popola ones, Father Servo (near the desert camp on top of a building)), etc

KaidoRacer7

Wow. I bought the chinese version since there were no pre-orders at that time and I was in a hurry to play it, but I had no idea until now that there were problems with the brazilian version.

At least they are doing a recall, I would have not expected that from Sony BR.

Just got contacted by them through email. They are going to send me another copy.

Razmos

Holy shit. ROUTE C, ORIGINAL NIER SPOILERS:
When Devola and Popala appear as you are trying to hack the tower and look like they are about to fight you, and Song of the Ancients started playing. Oh man.

Think I'm done with the game now. Played through it 3 times.
Got the 9S and A2 endings.

Enjoyed it quite a bit, actually really liked the 3rd play through out of all of them. I liked the mixing it up and the combat was fun. It's different to most things I've played and I never played the original. Glad I bought it but mostly glad they did a demo as I don't think I'd have touched it otherwise. Had it's issues and graphically it can be ugly at times but sometimes beautiful at other times. Bit of a mixed bag there. Think I'd rate it a 7/10 overall. Possibly 8 at a push.

Razmos

Enjoyed it quite a bit, actually really liked the 3rd play through out of all of them. I liked the mixing it up and the combat was fun. It's different to most things I've played and I never played the original. Glad I bought it but mostly glad they did a demo as I don't think I'd have touched it otherwise. Had it's issues and graphically it can be ugly at times but sometimes beautiful at other times. Bit of a mixed bag there. Think I'd rate it a 7/10 overall. Possibly 8 at a push.
The real ending is
Ending E
right?

Did you also get Ending E?

I just got my platinum trophy (without buying any trophies) at about 59h playtime. Feels good.

Afterwards I did Ending E again, and this time
it made even more of an impression on me. Since I knew that I was being helped and wasn't frustrated a long time, I could appreciate it all even more than the first time. Subtle things like the vocals becoming a chorus when other players come to your aid and all.

Deleted my save game and helped somebody too. Well, but backed up my save in online storage though :p

Top Bottom