• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

The real ending is
Ending E
right?

Did you also get Ending E?

I just got my platinum trophy (without buying any trophies) at about 59h playtime. Feels good.

Afterwards I did Ending E again, and this time
it made even more of an impression on me. Since I knew that I was being helped and wasn't frustrated a long time, I could appreciate it all even more than the first time. Subtle things like the vocals becoming a chorus when other players come to your aid and all.

Deleted my save game and helped somebody too. Well, but backed up my save in online storage though :p

Yeah, thankfully after a few deaths I got some help though. That's tough at the end. Cool though.

beejee

Neo Member
Anyone know the Steam unlock time and if it can be changed by using a VPN from another timezone?

I don't think it can be. I'm currently in Japan and it's showing 15 hours left to unlock.

For anyone curious, the Steam pre-load is up as well.

I finished Path A after 14ish hours. What a game. Really interested to see its tricks from here

I felt really really dumb for not realizing that you lose your chips if you don't recover your body. So I didn't have parry/fast cooldown/regenerating health for the last 1.5 hours or so. Whoops.

hughesta

Banned
ROUTE B SPOILERS

I want to fight Emil but I'm doing nothing to him at level 52. I'm at the missile defense mission, which I assume is the point of no return like in Route A. How can I grind levels efficiently? I need to figure out how to take out the rabbit statue but afaik that's all I have left to do. Pls help

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
ROUTE B SPOILERS

I want to fight Emil but I'm doing nothing to him at level 52. I'm at the missile defense mission, which I assume is the point of no return like in Route A. How can I grind levels efficiently? I need to figure out how to take out the rabbit statue but afaik that's all I have left to do. Pls help

stock up on level speed chips, that's what i did. it goes by pretty fast if your fighting high level enemies, to begin with i dont advise you trying to fight emil in route B, wait until your done with route C and D, there is a chapter select where you can go back and play any part of the game before that with all your levels items and weapons intact

jonjonaug

Guys what is the fastest way to get Titanium Alloy

Emil sells it if you can get his materials inventory to appear. Otherwise the best way to farm it that I found on Route A/B is to kill the medium sized robots just outside the exit from the area where you fought the boss in the Desert (
Adam
).

hughesta

Banned
Emil sells it if you can get his materials inventory to appear. Otherwise the best way to farm it that I found on Route A/B is to kill the medium sized robots just outside the exit from the area where you fought the boss in the Desert (
Adam
).
MATERIAL STORE WHAT

MATERIAL STORE WHAT

Yup. If he's more in the middle of the map he sells mid tier materials, and if he's near the resistance camp he sells high tier materials.

The other two inventories are different kinds of chips.

Also, a robot at the park sells some other material stuff like ores and pearls.

Xliskin

I think the Link machines drop it.

Link machines ?! which machine is this ?

Adam
).

I'm at route B but I remember at route A Titanium Alloy never appeared among the materials that Emil sell ,
do you mean outside the area that I fought Adam in ??

and how the materials apear anyway is it random or should I do something ?

I know a lotta question sorry

ramyeon

Yup. If he's more in the middle of the map he sells mid tier materials, and if he's near the resistance camp he sells high tier materials.

The other two inventories are different kinds of chips.

Also, a robot at the park sells some other material stuff like ores and pearls.
Is it really based on location or just random?

He sells two Bracer type weapons and the Dress Module as well.

Is it really based on location or just random?

He sells two Bracer type weapons and the Dress Module as well.

I thought it was random too, but i confirmed today that its location based.

Pro Tip for Emil locations, if he's not at the location you want, run into the desert a bit (until you cant see him on the map anymore) then run back into the ruined city, if you transport he will not leave his current location. Just keep running back and forth until he's selling what you want.

Exentryk

Can we unlock early via steam with VPN?

No, it seems to be a universal release time for everyone.

t1489766400z0.png

Baalzebup

So, a question about A2.
Is there some mechanical significance to her glowing red when you keep the dodge going for long enough? I've tried to see if there is some combat application to it but haven't been able to figure anything out.

LotusHD

Banned
So, a question about A2.
Is there some mechanical significance to her glowing red when you keep the dodge going for long enough? I've tried to see if there is some combat application to it but haven't been able to figure anything out.

I heard you do more damage, but I haven't confirmed it.

Samikaze

Seeing all the people jump straight to hard difficulties has me confused.
I always play a game on normal at first, as that's considered the default setting the developer intended. If it's boring, I'll bump it up.

Jumping straight into Hard is like putting salt on your food as soon as you get it. Sure, it makes the food tastier, but maybe you should taste the food first to know if it needs salt.

OniBaka

I just used the chips the game auto assigned to me, on my new play through I might just not bother with them.

Damnit new page.

For new comers I recommend not starting on hard and go normal mode as there won't be a save point until you beat the intro boss and he one shots you then you have to start from beginning again, after that you can change.

SephLuis

I never used either of those.

(Though I did use Melee & Ranged Defense up chips.)

I only used melee defense and evade range up. My real build was shockwave + every recovery chip I could use (deadly heal + auto heal + the one that heals in each attack).

I did a troll build based on vengeance (return damage taken).

Finally finished this game. I liked it a lot, but I think that making it open world was a mistake. I think I did two sidequests in total... Also C route was a bit long... But that E ending redeemed it :)

Finally finished this game. I liked it a lot, but I think that making it open world was a mistake. I think I did two sidequests in total... Also C route was a bit long... But that E ending redeemed it :)

Aw. How come? Most of them are pretty basic in terms of what you actually have to do, but the stories they tell range from heartwarming to hilarious to unsettling to tragic and beyond.

Please tell me one of those two quests was the stamp collection quest from the park.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

The sidequests are there to flesh out the world, if you didn't do them your missing out

Top Bottom