• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Was Ending E supposed
to be possible without accepting help or am I just a turbo casual? I gave up after an hour since I could feel my head about to burst. In that case, is there something special for doing so?

Exodust

Banned
Need some help:

So I just met up with
Popola and Devola(awesome btw) and have no idea where to start looking for 9S. They said they'd give me a chip but I don't see it anywhere to add it to my pod. Just in case it doesn't show up in skills and is added automatically I have no idea where to even start looking for 9S lol

Need some help:

So I just met up with
Popola and Devola(awesome btw) and have no idea where to start looking for 9S. They said they'd give me a chip but I don't see it anywhere to add it to my pod. Just in case it doesn't show up in skills and is added automatically I have no idea where to even start looking for 9S lol

It's a Pod Program named Scanner. You hold the button to use it.

LotusHD

Banned
Need some help:

So I just met up with

Scanner Pod Program. First, go to the Flooded City. You'll use the Scanner to find YoRHA members, one of which directs you to the City Ruins crater, which is where 9S is.

Freeman76

Just finished it, 15 hours....shit didnt realise it was so short I was saving side missions etc and next thing the credits are rolling! I guess this is balanced out with playing for different endings?

Hektor

Need some help:

So I just met up with

It's a Pod Ability not a Chip. You need to start looking in the flooded area
Was Ending E supposed
to be possible without accepting help or am I just a turbo casual? I gave up after an hour since I could feel my head about to burst. In that case, is there something special for doing so?

I think it's possible, but accepting the help is the point. I'll be trying to do it without when replaying it on PC this WE. Haven't heard about anything for doing it without so, so i think it's safe to say there isn't anything.

Just finished it, 15 hours....shit didnt realise it was so short I was saving side missions etc and next thing the credits are rolling! I guess this is balanced out with playing for different endings?

Yes, you still have a long way to go until you finished it.

You've finished what basically amounts to a third of the game. Keep going.

LotusHD

Banned

Did you get Ending A? The entire thing takes around 30-40 hours.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Was Ending E supposed

its not possible, your supposed to ask for help from others who will then support you, one of the themes of the games is human bonds after all

I'm on C, and
I'm playing as Nines again
. Can't seem to set it off though haha.

It apparently doesn't work on Route C, didn't for me at least. I did it on Route B after I got Chapter Select. You have to remote control a machine and hack the statue from it. Maybe it works for you on that Route.

Locking on to it to hack it also is a bit finnicky. I had the best success by remote controlling one of the flying machines and trying it from behind the statue.

It apparently doesn't work on Route C, didn't for me at least. I did it on Route B after I got Chapter Select. You have to remote control a machine and hack the statue from it. Maybe it works for you on that Route.

Locking on to it to hack it also is a bit finnicky. I had the best success by remote controlling one of the flying machines and trying it from behind the statue.

It gets upset if you whack at it for...maybe ten or twenty minutes, lol. That might work on all routes and also takes forever.

It gets upset if you whack at it for...maybe ten or twenty minutes, lol. That might work on all routes and also takes forever.

Ah, so that's it. I thought maybe it doesn't work for me since I did that too besides the hacking for 5 minutes straight. Just wasn't persistent enough :D

Inuhanyou

Are you sure about the bolded?

well i've
heard second hand reports of people continuing on for half an hour or more and not actually getting anywhere, so my assumption is they built it to not be completed alone

Question to people who have completed the game with all trophies

As soon as you finish the main story, you just restart it as 9S and then A2 or what? I saw some guide where you can only find weapons as 2B or 9S. Is it possible to just enjoy a playthrough without worrying about trophies on the first run or how does this work?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

As soon as you finish the main story, you just restart it as 9S and then A2 or what? I saw some guide where you can only find weapons as 2B or 9S. Is it possible to just enjoy a playthrough without worrying about trophies on the first run or how does this work?
Chapter select is unlocked later and you can choose any character. Switching to other characters is part of the main story.

Inuhanyou

trophies are meaningless in this game :p literally you can buy every single one with in game money

Not quite. Yes, you restart the game as 9S, but with some differences which grow more prevalent in the story department especially later on.

Everything afterwards is new content, no replaying anything.

And don't bother with trophies too much, there is only one that is missable since you get a Chapter Select later. Also, you can buy trophies for ingame money after you finish the game.

Was Ending E supposed

No, it's not actually possible. After 'Marketing' it blankets the screen with so many bullets that it's impossible to move around them, and unlike bullet hell games, the hit boxes are ...generously large. It forces you into that scenario.

I don't think you can remote control the zombie clown machines so that's probably why. Bah.

Freeman76

Ah man, just did the intro of the second route, really enjoy this game and now I get how it works it makes it even more impressive.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
I just started Steam and it was literally the first thing I saw under "Featured & Recommended".

Weird.

It's also at the top of the Top Sellers list.

Maybe because I bought it? I don't see it on the top sellers or featured. I mean, it's kinda irrelevant to me because there's little point in advertising something that I already bought. Just thought it was a bit weird for a semi-big release.

I think the same thing happened when I bought the latest BOI expansion.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Ah man, just did the intro of the second route, really enjoy this game and now I get how it works it makes it even more impressive.

Trust me, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Conventional wisdom in the industry since dev costs skyrocketed post 6th gen has been to (1) front-load, so as to make the best impression at the start, and (2) pour the majority of resources onto the main path elements so as to ensure that every player gets the most bang for the budgetary buck.

The rationale being that "deep" content is something that only a relatively small percentage of players will persevere long enough to enjoy, and as such should be either partitioned off as DLC, replaced by alternate monetizable content strands like MP modes, or simply eliminated altogether.

This sort of pragmatic resource-management approach was understandable (and hard as hell hard to argue against from the "inside"), but something I've always felt was creatively limiting and prejudicial to the desires of hardcore fans.

Nier: Automata is miraculously a real throwback to the days when none of the above was true, its remarkably heavy on back-end content and offers escalating rewards for persevering players. Where most modern games end, this is just getting started.

Truly remarkable.

Audioboxer

Just about to enter what looks like a
theme park
early on lol.

Quick question, is there a clear no point of return for side quests or do some become unavailable earlier? I didn't know whether to do this main quest right away since there's quite a few red map markers. Although I tried to get to one of them and got frustrated as it seems to be under the map. As the main quest I'm about to do is still so early on I doubt I can lock myself out of anything right now.

Inuhanyou

theme park
early on lol.

Quick question, is there a clear no point of return for side quests or do some become unavailable earlier? I didn't know whether to do this main quest right away since there's quite a few red map markers. Although I tried to get to one of them and got frustrated as it seems to be under the map. As the main quest I'm about to do is still so early on I doubt I can lock myself out of anything right now.

Don't worry, you'll be able to go back eventually and do whatever you missed

Jiraiza

theme park
early on lol.

There's a cut-off point for sidequests, yes. It's hard to say without spoilers, but when you need to head to a certain flooded city, that's when you stop being able to do sidequests.

Ok I got A-E. Where would be an ideal chapter as A2 to go mess around and finish sidequests?

Where can I find her wig? And what shop sells black pearls?

Hey guys, does anyone have any Hi-Res Nier wallpapers? I have a 4k monitor something 3840 x 2160 would really nice. Also, any wallpapers featuring pascal would be really cool.

Audioboxer

Don't worry, you'll be able to go back eventually and do whatever you missed

There's a cut-off point for sidequests, yes. It's hard to say without spoilers, but when you need to head to a certain flooded city, that's when you stop being able to do sidequests.

Cheers, I assume that's in a bit anyway, as I've literally just reached the
Amusement Park

I swear just before I walked into it some new sidequest popped up at the
Resistance Camp
:p

Jiraiza

Cheers, I assume that's in a bit anyway, as I've literally just reached the
Amusement Park

I swear just before I walked into it some new sidequest popped up at the
Resistance Camp
:p

I would recommend just not doing sidequests until you get fast travel. Unless you like walking around and stuff.

Top Bottom