• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Audioboxer

I would recommend just not doing sidequests until you get fast travel. Unless you like walking around and stuff.

Thank goodness that exists. That is what drove me mad going to try and do a random sidequest and it seems like it's underground at an area I cannot get to. So, long walk back LOL.

The *out of context Route B spoilers*
"You're thinking about how much you want to **** 2B, aren't you"
line made me do a double take and laugh harder than I should have when it popped up so suddenly.

LotusHD

Banned
line made me do a double take and laugh harder than I should have when it popped up so suddenly.

I did a "Oh shit!" when I saw that lmao, caught me off guard lmao

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

I instinctively hit the Share button when that popped up. :lol Gotta save that moment!

Capra

Question regarding the Transcendent Being trophy:

I know Ending E involves erasing your save data, although I'm keeping myself somewhat spoiler free regarding the circumstances around that choice. If I have every other ending and choose to erase in Ending E, will that count as the final ending necessary for the trophy? Or will it erase my other endings and lock me out from a platinum?

Question regarding the Transcendent Being trophy:

I know Ending E involves erasing your save data, although I'm keeping myself somewhat spoiler free regarding the circumstances around that choice. If I have every other ending and choose to erase in Ending E, will that count as the final ending necessary for the trophy? Or will it erase my other endings and lock me out from a platinum?

Erasing the save data has nothing to do with an ending. You can get ending E without to worry about the save datas

Jiraiza

No access to saves at the beginning has made me realize how much I suck at action games.
Holy shit, Hard does not fuck around. Two hits and you're booted to the start on that intro.
goods01.jpg

Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

Crayon

For the first time, I had a random person (this was at work) ask if I've heard of Nier Automata. He was wondering if he should buy it and I replied with a vehement yes. So he's getting it this weekend. And he's the second person at work who is dying to play Zelda but can't find a switch. The other is opting for horizon as a zelda surrogate on my recomendation. I hope they are both happy with their new games this weekend. :eek:

Capra

Done. Platinum'd.
Save data erased.

The only trophies I bought at the merchant were the pervy ones and the fishing and all pods maxed out ones.

Jiraiza

Funny thing that's been going around is how heavy 2B, 9S, and all the androids are. From the artbook, it looks like 2B is 148.8 kg (~328 lbs) and 9S is 129.9 kg (~286 lbs).

Thanks, Taro.

Done. Platinum'd.
Save data erased.

The only trophies I bought at the merchant were the pervy ones and the fishing and all pods maxed out ones.

Yeah so how long did it take you to
stop sobbing during the choir crescendo during ending E? It only took me like, two hours.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Funny thing that's been going around is how heavy 2B, 9S, and all the androids are. From the artbook, it looks like 2B is 148.8 kg (~328 lbs) and 9S is 129.9 kg (~286 lbs).

Thanks, Taro.

Well that makes sense, they are probably ice cold to the touch as well...but they seem so human like that its hard to really get to grips with that because there are no humans to directly compare them and they obviously only see their environment as normal

Crayon

Thanks, Taro.

Maybe it's dead weight to make them seem more expensive like beats headphones.

N° 2048

Man, I love that you can replay the entire game with basically everything from the previous play through. Sure, you might be OP AF but at least you can focus more on the story that way.

The way they made nothing missable is genius.

vocab

I already have a complaint, and it's an obvious one. The timing on the subs are so delayed that playing with japanese audio is pretty painful. By the time I start to read some of the lines it already goes to the next one.

EZ:A review is good. But I wouldn't recommend watching it if you haven't played the game yet.

I already have a complaint, and it's an obvious one. The timing on the subs are so delayed that playing with japanese audio is pretty painful. By the time I start to read some of the lines it already goes to the next one.

Yea, I didn't miss any text, but I was playing with the English voices. Noticed the delay though.

if people wants to see shots of the PC port (at 4K with 2xMSAA)

nierautomata2017-03-13tshg.jpg

Still not the prettiest textures on the environment, but the character models look even better.

It's kind of nice with the English dub since it doesn't "spoil" lines, but you can still use it to clarify if you didn't hear something.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Yep, and a lot of ambient dialogue is not subbed. I don't recommend the game in Japanese anyway, english dub is great

Jiraiza

Whoever did the subtitles needs a lesson in timing, yeah.

ToKre

is there any spoiler free guides for items and level up in the game??

i'm at the start
just helped the 2 merchants and don't know what any of the item they sell are

except the healing potions.

DKL

Mandatory load times still too long on PC, so Very Hard still out of the question ;_;

(I suspect I'm watching a cutscene as opposed to actual loading lol)

Top Bottom