• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

I just looked up some gameplay on Youtube, and pretty much everybody
kills the harmless robot friends parading around the start of the Amusement Park. Am I the only one who let them be? ]': Honestly, seeing them get killed as they talk about being happy breaks my heart.

Samikaze

I've heard praying for them -- if they are playing when you pray -- will recover their HP and possibly give them an item/buff? I didn't die enough to experience it myself, though. But that leads me to believe it probably wouldn't hurt or take things from other players with either choice you make. It's probably just an extra in line with
the overall theme of the game that helping each other will help you succeed.

I actually went back and checked. It's just supposed to give you bonuses based off of their chips, not actually take them.

I'd definitely recommend increasing the difficulty to Hard after the first play through.

I dunno, I'm really enjoying it now haha. Level 56 and and one-shoting everything that killed me before. The power-fantasy is strong for me lol.

i don't get one of the last endings, something weird happened.....

i was fighting in that endless shooting/hacking section in the credits. i was trying to clear it, because only suckers give up. it was a very long fight and i was doing well when suddenly all enemies turned invincible except square enix...what. there were several checkpoints and i passed quite a few. is that some kind of safety measure or did i glitch the game? i had to close the game and restart. all that effort wasted, lol.

bug or not?

TWILT

Banned
Route C related question:
So after seeing 2B die (;;), I decided to first see things through A2's point of view, but after defeating that Goliath in the desert, I decided to switch things to monitor how 9S is doing. Should I be switching back and forth like this or should I just focus on one character?

ebil

So after seeing 2B die (;;), I decided to first see things through A2's point of view, but after defeating that Goliath in the desert, I decided to switch things to monitor how 9S is doing. Should I be switching back and forth like this or should I just focus on one character?
Do whatever you like best,
you'll do it all eventually.

kills the harmless robot friends parading around the start of the Amusement Park. Am I the only one who let them be? ]': Honestly, seeing them get killed as they talk about being happy breaks my heart.

i'm no monster. you're not alone.

LotusHD

Banned
i don't get one of the last endings, something weird happened.....

i was fighting in that endless shooting/hacking section in the credits. i was trying to clear it, because only suckers give up. it was a very long fight and i was doing well when suddenly all enemies turned invincible except square enix...what. there were several checkpoints and i passed quite a few. is that some kind of safety measure or did i glitch the game? i had to close the game and restart. all that effort wasted, lol.

bug or not?

Don't give up.

Also have your online on.

I focused on A2 until they forced me to play as 9S

It doesn't matter what order you do them in.

Samikaze

I swapped back and forth, and ended up missing stuff. I went:
A2
9S
9S
A2.

It felt really natural, but I missed things.

Likewise. The first Nier got me once with the Shades in the intro. I wasn't falling for it again.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I just looked up some gameplay on Youtube, and pretty much everybody kills the harmless robot friends parading around the start of the Amusement Park. Am I the only one who let them be? ]': Honestly, seeing them get killed as they talk about being happy breaks my heart.

i didn't kill anyone who didnt attack. Even 2B says its pointless to fight enemies who are not aggressive
if you go past the tank in the amusement park without attacking it(and it wont attack you as a boss if you dont attack it)

9S is the most trigger happy guy in the game, his racism and biases against vast evidence hide how mentally fragile and black and white his world is.

I started killing them at first but quickly realised they were passive and felt really bad.

Jotakori

I didn't do it, either.
I felt too bad going after stuff that wasn't trying to hurt me first, esp ones that were just trying to have a good time or begging not to be hurt. :(

Squire

Banned
i didn't kill anyone who didnt attack. Even 2B says its pointless to fight enemies who are not aggressive
if you go past the tank in the amusement park without attacking it(and it wont attack you as a boss if you dont attack it)

9S is the most trigger happy guy in the game, his racism and biases against vast evidence hide how mentally fragile and black and white his world is.

This is a great observation.

TWILT

Banned
My 9S was set on aggressive for the entirety of A, so it is what it is.

Xliskin

The soundtrack when you hacking is the best

i'm no monster. you're not alone.

So we human after all BROTHERS

I didn't kill a single one. Not even the tank or the enemies that attack you on the coaster. Just could not bring myself to do it.

At first, I thought the Machine Village was some kind of special reward, and I started panicking that I was experiencing content out of the intended order :lol

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Is the OST on iTunes? This game has wonderful music. Also what's the name of the song that plays during the first encounter with
Adam
?

I love the robots so much in this game <3

You're supposed to accept the offer. It's part of the game's theme of not dying alone, and partnership.

i guess the game wants you to give up, even if the messages tell otherwise. you're not supposed to clear that section, it's unbeatable. it's a bummer for people who try.

Kaizer

Banned
So quick question about Plug-in Chips: Is it useless to equip multiple Auto-use Item chips or for that matter multiples of anything?

Samikaze

i guess the game wants you to give up, even if the messages tell otherwise. you're not supposed to clear that section, it's unbeatable. it's a bummer for people who try.

But you're not giving up. You continue, you just get assistance.
The entire game had you paired up with someone else. Whether they fought on your side or helped you out remotely. It fits the theme for the game.

So quick question about Plug-in Chips: Is it useless to equip multiple Auto-use Item chips or for that matter multiples of anything?

If you take a look at the auto-use chips, they actually provide a bonus to the health recovery, so stacking them should further increase the efficacy of your items.

And for that matter, most, if not all, chips stack.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

everything stacks to a factor of 2, so you can for example, double your health with health boosting chips, double your attack power with attack boosting chips, double your health regen speed, movement speed, pod program cooldown ect

But you're not giving up. You continue, you just get assistance.
The entire game had you paired up with someone else. Whether they fought on your side or helped you out remotely. It fits the theme for the game.

felt like giving up back then. i thought i did something wrong. i know that i got to the end now after asking around/watching vids. there was no message so it wasn't clear to me. kinda threw me out of the game that i just turned it off and replayed that part. i chose to give in early next time. they should've given a better message. i probably won't be the only sucker around here getting confused....

Samikaze

felt like giving up back then. i thought i did something wrong. i know that i got to the end now after asking around/watching vids. there was no message so it wasn't clear to me. kinda threw me out of the game that i just turned it off and replayed that part. i chose to give in early next time. they should've given a better message. i probably won't be the only sucker around here getting confused....

You're not, lol. I was in the same boat.
I thought I had to answer no to everything to get there.

Sami+

I always wait to see if the enemies are aggressive store attacking. Saves me the heartbreak. &#128546;

Dokie Okie

Neo Member
Is there any explanation as to why Jean Paul's name was censored or bleeped out when 9S said it out loud?

His name is Sartre in other regions and the english audio was already recorded before they ran into some dispute and had to change it. Instead of redoing the audio for those lines they just bleeped it out instead.

Top Bottom