• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Trickster

Being able to do longer combos means keeping enemies stun-locked for longer and potentially doing more damage. Check the movesets and see how they fit with your playstyle.

All short sword weapons I have seem to just say Lt 4 and Hv 1-2. Doesn't seem like that's something and. In these cases there's no reason to look at any other than the one with the highest attack, right? Am I missing something

Exentryk

Confession, i chose the weapons that i thought looked the coolest and had the coolest looking animations. Normal was easy enough to where i could get away with it lol.

As long as you're having, that's all that matters! I think some weapon combinations have special moves, like that Bracers baseball move (can't recall what it needs to be paired with tho - probably Treaty sword). So yeah, perhaps find those moves and kill enemies in style!

All short sword weapons I have seem to just say Lt 4 and Hv 1-2. Doesn't seem like that's something and. In these cases there's no reason to look at any other than the one with the highest attack, right? Am I missing something

I haven't tried them yet, so don't know. If they are the same, then yeah, just go with the highest attack one. Do note that these weapons might have different passive abilities when they level up, so that might also make some better than others.

Philippo

So what does happen when an incomplete quests gets moved to the next route? Does it restart and become avaible right at the beginning of the new playthrough, or only when it would have become availbe in the story?

Also when does
emil
's quests come out? So i know and won't skip it in B.

One more thing: i am right after fighting
Adam
, from what i understand i'm close to the end of A right?

Exentryk

Played about 4 hours now and I'm normal a bit easy as well. Is hard just hard or is there some BS to contend with?

On hard, stronger enemies will 2 shot you, while bosses might even one shot you. You can reduce this by equipping def and hp chips though, so it's not so bad. It'll actually make you think about your build a little more carefully.

I'm only up to the desert boss so far on hard, so dunno how the rest will pan out.

Jiraiza

Those numbers represent the number of attack strings when it's in either the light or heavy slot. It goes up when you upgrade your weapons.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
So what does happen when an incomplete quests gets moved to the next route? Does it restart and become avaible right at the beginning of the new playthrough, or only when it would have become availbe in the story?

Incomplete multi-stage quests tend to reset; particularly if there's any sort of narrative to them. However ones where each step is find object type x, just continue where you left off.

The requirements for the quest your asking about:
Meet Emil, complete Forest King section, stop him and visit shop.

Philippo

Incomplete multi-stage quests tend to reset; particularly if there's any sort of narrative to them. However ones where each step is find object type x, just continue where you left off.

So for example, when i'll find
Father Servo
again, i won't have to fight him again from the first phase, but where i left off right?
But he will be avaible only after the point in the story it becomes avaible in Route A right?

The requirements for the quest your asking about:
Meet Emil, complete Forest King section, stop him and visit shop.

That's weird, i've spoken a couple of times with him and it only let me buy/sell stuff.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
So for example, when i'll find
Father Servo
again, i won't have to fight him again from the first phase, but where i left off right?
But he will be avaible only after the point in the story it becomes avaible in Route A right?

Not sure about that particular one as I did it all in one go, I'd imagine it'd roll-over though.
And yeah, quests always trigger at the same point in the story, although rarely (and annoyingly) the quest markers can appear on the map before the npc appears in some instances.

Peroroncino

I did a little combat montage with Beyond the Bounds song, man, this track really gels with this kind of fast paced combat.

Game overall is probably my biggest suprise of the year so far, I REALLY didn't expect much from this game, but it delivered, it really did, basically on every front, plot, gameplay, ost [the ost is pure ecstasy] and F U N.

I've got a couple of questions.

1. In the cutscene when you press no button which is the same as this trailer, Adam or whoever(since this trailer fooled me a couple times who actually says what) says "Perhaps we are not so different after all.

I played through the game the third time and did NEVER encouter this sentence by no one. What's about that? Did I miss something? If it were cut content why would it still be in the cutscene at the start menu? Someone help me out here please.

2. I'm about to go for Ending E but I currently have no internet connection to my PS4. I can do it without internet right? Right?

3. I've collected everything so far but it seems I'm missing
Gestalt Report 5
, where is it?

You people in the final credits better appreciate what I've done!

So did the very first person who completed the story have to do it alone? That would be brutal

Capra

You people in the final credits better appreciate what I've done!

So did the very first person who completed the story have to do it alone? That would be brutal

I'm betting most of the companions who accompany you throughout the credits are actually scripted. Like when one of them dies and you see "2B destroyed." Most likely choosing to sacrifice your data only allows another person playing to see the message you left and have your name attached to a random ship that joins them... But on Day One, people probably had AI companions with fake player IDs and randomly generated messages attached.

Grady

I just bought the game last night and I played the first section. I died by the time I reached the boss and now I had to redo the entire section. I'm sure there is a reason for this but it's really annoying.

Lol, I made same comment last night few pages back. I got to boss died and had to replay the 45 minutes I just played. I said fuck it and dropped it on easy and breezed through it then put it back to normal.

Jiraiza

I've got a couple of questions.

1. In the cutscene when you press no button which is the same as this trailer, Adam or whoever(since this trailer fooled me a couple times who actually says what) says "Perhaps we are not so different after all.

I played through the game the third time and did NEVER encouter this sentence by no one. What's about that? Did I miss something? If it were cut content why would it still be in the cutscene at the start menu? Someone help me out here please.

Yeah, I think this line might've been cut out. I never heard it in Japanese either. Unless there's still some secret content to be found in the game...

i tried to complete it alone but you can't. see my posts further back. enemies turn invincible :/

What the shit. I can't connect to the internet right now. If this is true this is really stupid. How are people supposed to get this without internet?
Yeah, I think this line might've been cut out. I never heard it in Japanese either. Unless there's still some secret content to be found in the game...

I think it is secret content! Let's search!

Maybe delete your save data 3 times? O_O

Lol, I made same comment last night few pages back. I got to boss died and had to replay the 45 minutes I just played. I said fuck it and dropped it on easy and breezed through it then put it back to normal.

Same thing happened to me. Gonna retry later, but that was really annoying. I know Nier is unconventional (starting up with a shoot'em up, yes please), but can we please not have to replay long sections unless we choose to?

Philippo

Just got at the start of Ending C (couple of hours in) loving it so far!

Normal is really really easy. Tried to switch to Hard but I found the enemy attacks hitboxes really unfair and hard to gauge!

Am I the only one?

Yeah, i keep bouncing between Normal and Hard, because the first is too easy and the latter is too punishing (those fucking bullets), yet the reward from surviving battles and actually learning the mechanics is so satisfing.

cm osi

do i need to max all the weapons (and do
the lunar tar quest) to fight emil?
i can't open the door at the end of the cave

Carbonox

Boss spoiler

That motherfucking giant sea boss

Jesus on a moped that was so much fun. The music as well. God damn.

giphy.gif

Absol

do i need to max all the weapons (and do
the lunar tar quest) to fight emil?
i can't open the door at the end of the cave

First fight no. Just talk to him first and he'll mention his home. Then it should be open.

To fight him a second time the yeah. You need all weapons and max level.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I thought it was kidding when it said "Recording for Posterity" ._________.
This was the first part of the game to catch me really off guard. Colonel wigging out from MGS2 vibes.

EdmondD

Boss spoiler

That motherfucking giant sea boss

Jesus on a moped that was so much fun. The music as well. God damn.

giphy.gif

Appropriate gif considering this game is amazing when stoned. Yeah, that boss was incredible. Very Nier.
So awesome seeing it's burning husk in the background.

Markoman

Oh boy, some of the sidequests are nihilistic as fuck. Well written stuff tho. This would've been Nietzsche's Goat for sure.

The game has it all: communist hippies, yolos, fashists, nationalists, fangirls, religious wackos...fantastic

Trickster

Eh okay, so I just did a quest that was part of the main storyline, and after doing so, several of my
active quests have just dissapeared
?

One of them was to
take pictures for someone in the resistance, where one of the pictures was some place out in the desert that the sandstorm prevented me from going out to?

Did I fuck up?

Top Bottom