• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

OniBaka

I've done a couple on Bunker. One to retrieve 11B's body in factory, and another as
9S with operator210
. Did the 2nd one you mentioned but haven't doen anything with the latter bar using they're shop. guess i'll start there

I'm on 92%
Just check the bunker at chapter 2 just in case as it was one I missed when I was cleaning up side quest.

HeelPower

Can someone give me a tip on how to efficiently beat the Nokia snake enemies ?

When they start swirling like crazy it becomes unbearable.

Shahed

here's the list, there are 59/60
http://nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/Side+Quests

you unlock the last one by upgrading all weapons to max

Just check the bunker at chapter 2 just in case as it was one I missed when I was cleaning up side quest.

Thanks this is what i needed. The Gathering Keepsakes quest was one i wasn't sure how to complete, but I guess I didn't finish the other quest first in order to do it.

I wish you could redo certain sidequests. i mean I like the fact that you don't have to do them again on different playthroughs. BUt I really want to do the sidequest (route C spoilers)
Amnesia since now you know 2B is also an E type model

Need to get home to do these things now. Love this game so much, but it's distracting me at work lol

How far are you in the game? Because i generally found them annoying and just ran from them unless they were close enough for me to jump and attack with Shockwave (which is just awesome by the way). I only really killed them regularly when (end game spoilers)
You play as 9S and just hack them

Yu Narukami

Routes spoiler.
Is the ending order CDE automatic? Or is another order possible. I want to experience CDE. Vague response please. I only started route C.

cm osi

my way to defeat them was locking the core, getting close to trigger the dodge and counter with the pod shot (r1) so you can range attack the core even if it's far

OniBaka

Thanks this is what i needed. The Gathering Keepsakes quest was one i wasn't sure how to complete, but I guess I didn't finish the other quest first in order to do it.

I wish you could redo certain sidequests. i mean I like the fact that you don't have to do them again on different playthroughs. BUt I really want to do the sidequest (route C spoilers)
Amnesia since now you know 2B is also an E type model
Very easy to start a new game and the game isn't too long.

Exentryk

They're annoying. I just use Pod C's homing fire, and shockwaves from sword attacks. No lock-on on hard mode, so yeah.

HeelPower

They're annoying. I just use Pod C's homing fire, and shockwaves from sword attacks. No lock-on on hard mode, so yeah.

How far are you in the game? Because i generally found them annoying and just ran from them unless they were close enough for me to jump and attack with Shockwave (which is just awesome by the way). I only really killed them regularly when (end game spoilers)
You play as 9S and just hack them

my way to defeat them was locking the core, getting close to trigger the dodge and counter with the pod shot (r1) so you can range attack the core even if it's far

I guess there's no way to cheese them unless you're hacking.

Bastards!(says it in Lara croft's voice)

Targeting with the pod on the core (its like a giant gold orb on the body) and I use that perk that slows down time on evade (I think Overclock?) and when it triggers just go ham on the body.

You could hack them with 9S. If you hack them without getting their attention, you can have them fight be your side as well.

Ferr986

Oh fuck, just saw there's
moon flowers
in some areas

oh_i_see_what_you_did_there.gif

lol Man some people just need to play the game. A lot of these answers are just "play for like another hour" or "you'll find out" Don't worry so much

Iceternal

Damn .. couldn't they unlock fast travel before drowning you in side quests ?

I almost quit the game because of the insane backtracking I had to do...

Damn .. couldn't they unlock fast travel before drowning you in side quests ?

I almost quit the game because of the insane backtracking I had to do...

It felt like a lot to you? I feel like you can run literally anywhere in the world to any other zone in about 2 minutes, tops.

Perhaps I'm used to games that really do consume huge amounts of time via traveling.

Baalzebup

Which chapter?
Any chapter, you just need access to the forest castle.
Teleport to the royal chamber save point, go right to the bridges, drop down to the ledge right under the one you are on. To the left, there is a box you can drag to make an opening to reach the smith.
Question!

So the death mechanic is kinda like Souls, right? You die, you lose a bunch of EXP and chips, you can get them back though and everything is fine.

Say you don't get them back though or you just don't want to take that risk. Couldn't you just quit back to the main menu and load your last save instead? Game doesn't autosave like Souls after all.

I'm still not quite sure how it works, because people in this thread lament about losing tons of progress but apart from the prologue that just doesn't seem to be the case for me. It's not very punishing.
I mean, you don't even need to go back to the main menu, as you can load any time you can access your own menu. But yes, you are absolutely correct which is why I've been very baffled about people spitting fire about losing their chips. The very lack of autosave makes it possible to absolutely pick and choose your consequences of death when it comes to losing your stuff. You die, and die again before you can recover your stuff? Load your previous save then, dummy. And you can even hedge your bets by making another save file after you've died. That way you can try repeatedly to recover your body and if you conclude that it is too hard, then you can load the other save from before you died in the first place.

I love how it changes the damage and healing colors. If you have it equipped throughout the game it affects the flight segments too.

Yep. Probably my favorite level 4 weapon so far, and I've done 12 of them.

(though I also admit I haven't had time to appreciate many of their level 4 affixes yet)

It's really easy to appreciate and get used to.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just had my first crash, out in the desert on Route B. huh.

Also, man I am really not into replaying games, im struggling with Route B so far :/

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Also, man I am really not into replaying games, im struggling with Route B so far :/
As someone who's been more critical of this game than most, was
initially horrible at hacking
, and likewise hated the mandatory replay, I say absolutely keep going until you get past the
Leviathan fight. 9S's story is completely different from that point on and, in my opinion, much more interesting than anything from Route A.

HeelPower

Targeting with the pod on the core (its like a giant gold orb on the body) and I use that perk that slows down time on evade (I think Overclock?) and when it triggers just go ham on the body.

You could hack them with 9S. If you hack them without getting their attention, you can have them fight be your side as well.
Thanks!

I ignored all sidequests in that route and played it straight.Should be over pretty quickly.

Also 1 more big tip
Its almost pointless to try fighting enemies like in A.Its almost always just hacking which means you needn't be concerned about leveling up or upgrading weapons.

VRMN

I've actually really enjoyed the few Nier 1 callbacks I've come across so far.
Emil
showing up was freaking amazing. Then, later on, being directed to
"the twins,"
I think I actually said "no way" and had the biggest grin on my face when it was indeed
Devola and Popola
, even though it makes almost zero sense if I don't do some handwaving. (I'm happy to handwave for them.)

Now, minor question. After the battle at sea, a handful of sidequests shut off for me. Three I was waiting for my level to go up, one because I couldn't find the path to the last flower for
Emil
, and one for that runaway couple after I had just given them 50000 G.

Am I going to have to start those over on route B, or is the game nice enough to not take another 50K from me on a second run?

JJShadow

I've actually really enjoyed the few Nier 1 callbacks I've come across so far.
Emil
showing up was freaking amazing. Then, later on, being directed to
"the twins,"
I think I actually said "no way" and had the biggest grin on my face when it was indeed
Devola and Popola
, even though it makes almost zero sense if I don't do some handwaving. (I'm happy to handwave for them.)

Now, minor question. After the battle at sea, a handful of sidequests shut off for me. Three I was waiting for my level to go up, one because I couldn't find the path to the last flower for
Emil
, and one for that runaway couple after I had just given them 50000 G.

Am I going to have to start those over on route B, or is the game nice enough to not take another 50K from me on a second run?

I'm sorry to tell you that you'll need to give them another 50K, this happened to me as well. This fucking couple became rich at my expense lol

VRMN

I'm sorry to tell you that you'll need to give them another 50K, this happened to me as well. This fucking couple became rich at my expense lol
I think I should be more annoyed, but instead I'm just amused. Probably because I've not really had money issues in the game.

Hybris

So I think I'm screwed (late game sidequest and endgame mechanic spoilers)

Completely finished with endings A-E. Completed Emil's memories in route A, but triggered the point of no return in Flooded City before going back to the shopping mall elevator. Once I went back to it, I wasn't able to use the key, so I figured I'd try it on route B. Didn't work there, and it's still not working in any of the chapter selects I've tried. I'm guessing this is a bug? I've already watched a video of what's inside, but I'd really like to go there myself. Has anyone found a way around this?

Top Bottom