• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Qblivion

I'm in route C and I'm going to be so fucking bummed when I'm done with this game. It is constantly surprising me. My jaw fucking dropped when
I got to play as a Goliath, then dropped further when I beat up another one with it.

Wow, Route B was shorter than I expected!

Good God. The opening of Route C was some amazing stuff
212.jpg

Only played up to the point right after the
title card.
What if it's like MGS2, where the real game starts at Big Shell and Raiden has a bigger role than Snake.
WTF is up with A2 looking so much like 2B? I'm so excited to find what they have in store for this character.
Really, I haven't felt this excited by a video game story in a while. The thrill of finding out more about the world and the characters keeps pulling me back in despite the repetitiveness of the
hacking.

Sami+

Man. The relief on my face when I died like 70% of the way through the
giant ancient water robot boss
expecting to have to do the whole thing over...

To finding out it autosaved after the
mortar. 😅
phew

LotusHD

Banned
Finished ending E. Man, what a fantastic game.

Ending C-E spoilers:
It's mindblowing how everything was hinted so well in the hole game, like 2B being 2E. Either in the Amnesia sidequest, the subtle comment by Emil regarding her or her final words in route A.

What was Emil's comment again?

Sami+

Holy shit that (route A)
remix of Dark Colossus Destroys All alongside that AMAZING boss fight
😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Idk how any setpieces can top that later. It's too good.

Finished A this morning. Gonna chase the other endings after Persona 5 comes out
or if Mass Effect bombs for me

But even in finishing A, I found my GOTY, which was super surprising considering that I genuinely thought after finishing Zelda, besides Persona 5, there was no other game that could come close to beating BOTW as my GOTY frontrunner.

But god damn, even in A, I enjoyed it a lot. Which begs the question: what the fuck is going to happen when I get the other endings, especially E?

This game has been the biggest test of avoiding spoilers.

gAFNNOa.gif

Seriously, It's a miracle I finished the game without getting spoiled!

Finished A this morning. Gonna chase the other endings after Persona 5 comes out
or if Mass Effect bombs for me

But even in finishing A, I found my GOTY, which was super surprising considering that I genuinely thought after finishing Zelda, besides Persona 5, there was no other game that could come close to beating BOTW as my GOTY frontrunner.

But god damn, even in A, I enjoyed it a lot. Which begs the question: what the fuck is going to happen when I get the other endings, especially E?

Dude, you have no idea :eek:

I picked it up today, and it feels really floaty compared to say Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. Gonna give it more time, but maybe after the PC Fixes get released.

Also I got an ending!

W is for winner, right?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Holy shit that (route A)
remix of Dark Colossus Destroys All alongside that AMAZING boss fight
😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Idk how any setpieces can top that later. It's too good.

Hold on to your butt

Samikaze

Hmm, so there's a twist I won't notice is a twist? But I have to presume passing something like that might make me more on the lookout for something to connect it to in Nier, right? Since you agree with EdmondD that it's fine, then it probably won't be an issue, just not totally sure yet..

It's really hard to explain without outright spoiling it, but if there's any consolation, the twist in Automata isn't super big. It's important, but compared to the rest, it's minor.

It's really hard to explain without outright spoiling it, but if there's any consolation, the twist in Automata isn't super big. It's important, but compared to the rest, it's minor.

If it's not one of the many things I already know from Nier, I'm inclined to avoid spoiling it in Automata. Now I'm back to being indecisive, lol, thanks though.

I'm probably too busy in the next few days to even worry about this though, so I should really just let both games sit for awhile I think. 😅

Edit:

But soon Persona 5 will be out... 😐

Samikaze

If it's not one of the many things I already know from Nier, I'm inclined to avoid spoiling it in Automata. Now I'm back to being indecisive, lol, thanks though.

I'm probably too busy in the next few days to even worry about this though, so I should really just let both games sit for awhile I think. 😅

Edit:

But soon Persona 5 will be out... 😐

Went back and read your first post. Nope, guess you didn't know about that part.
Even if you spoiled it in Automata, it really wouldn't be that big a deal in the first game.

MrDaravon

Okay Ending D (maybe E? I'm not sure exactly), real fucking talk here
how fucking impossible is this credit roll shit supposed to be? I've been on this for an HOUR

Route B ending spoilers as I'm playing it...

"You're thinking about how much you want to
fuck 2B
, aren't you?"

*gasps*

*sweats* >_____>

MrDaravon

You can do it, amigo.

I know, I don't want to take the
bailout option because all the motivational quotes make me feel like shit if I do, but I have to be up in 6 hours for my hospital job, and this game has broken on me coming off of Rest mode multiple times so I'm afraid to just put in Rest mode :(

Just started this as I finally finished Zelda.

Is the rest of the game as awesome as the opening? What kind of stupid ass year is this for amazing games?

Satch

Banned
I LOST MY PLUGIN CHIPS IM GOING TO JUMP OUT OF A WINDOW

IT WAS FAIR AND I FUCKED UP BUT IGSUHBFDUIGVFBDIODFUVKBDFLIFUFIVHKDBFHFDUKHB

lionpants

I just started playing. Couple things...

- I'm so glad you can turn off the vertical camera auto adjust because that would've made me stop playing if I couldn't. Why would they make the camera always ram itself into the ground by default?

- Why do I trip on every little pebble when running. Am I missing something?

Cool game so far.

traveler

Not Wario
Just started route b. Didn't realize route a was entering its concluding run when it did, and missed quite a few side quests. Any chance I'll be able to do those?
specifically concerned about the flowers for 2bs operator side quest.

Eblo

Just got C ending. A few questions

My friend warned me to back up my save, which I did. Am I good to go if I keep my current SystemData.dat file and just pop in the old SlotData_0.dat save? Then I'll make the other choice and presumably get the D ending, correct?

OniBaka

Just got C ending. A few questions

My friend warned me to back up my save, which I did. Am I good to go if I keep my current SystemData.dat file and just pop in the old SlotData_0.dat save? Then I'll make the other choice and presumably get the D ending, correct?
you don't need to sacrifice your save to get ending E
just play through it and you'll understand.

Blobbers

is there a correct way to answer these questions after the prologue? The third option ("I don't need any of this") says I'll lose all my progress if I don't finish installing the game. Should I just rest mode it on this screen until the entire game is done downloading?

Demoskinos

Oh wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww these callbacks to the first Nier.

Took me a second when I entered the Library but then yooooooooooooooo as soon as I went into that one room on the top floor and it did the camera pan to the side like it did in the first game I was like "Oh shit!"

Baalzebup

- Why do I trip on every little pebble when running. Am I missing something?
You actually need to run into something very notable to trip up. Like to a surface with vastly differing friction compared to the one you were running on (asphalt - sand) or in to some very sizable rubble or in to a bush. You most certainly aren't tripping on every little pebble or anything even close to it.
Just started route b. Didn't realize route a was entering its concluding run when it did, and missed quite a few side quests. Any chance I'll be able to do those?
specifically concerned about the flowers for 2bs operator side quest.
Some quests are shared, some are character specific. That one is most certainly character specific.

jonjonaug

Does it matter which character your on? Say I didnt finish one on 2B, can I finish it as A2?

Some do, some don't. But you unlock chapter select after clearing the full game, nothing is permanently missable besides one optional ending in a sidequest (and you're asked if you want to save after passing the condition for it).

Minor Route B question regarding side quests:

I just beat the two Goliaths in the City Ruins and then suddenly 9 side quests appeared on my map. Am I free to continue on to the Alien Ship where I'll presumably unlock fast travel again before I start these? I doubt they'll disappear but I just thought I'd check.

OniBaka

Minor Route B question regarding side quests:

I just beat the two Goliaths in the City Ruins and then suddenly 9 side quests appeared on my map. Am I free to continue on to the Alien Ship where I'll presumably unlock fast travel again before I start these? I doubt they'll disappear but I just thought I'd check.
Yep you're good

Top Bottom