• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Got through some more of Route A and beat
Copied City I believe it's called

Been enjoying this game a ton and I can't wait to play more. I hope to finish Route A soon and get the next route started. I'll probably do that tomorrow.

Anne

Just started route b. Didn't realize route a was entering its concluding run when it did, and missed quite a few side quests. Any chance I'll be able to do those?
specifically concerned about the flowers for 2bs operator side quest.

Some quests can only be done while on certain routes, but it's not the end of the world if you miss them.

Specifically there is (if you wanna know, not really a spoiler but I dunno what does and doesn't fly)
chapter select after you get a few main endings to help cleam up quests and item hunting.

Some do, some don't. But you unlock chapter select after clearing the full game, nothing is permanently missable besides one optional ending in a sidequest (and you're asked if you want to save after passing the condition for it).

I can't seen to resume
Game Developer
quest.

Also, I'm trying to find the god damn
enhanced machines
but forgot where they spawn.

Anne

I can't seen to resume
Game Developer
quest.

Also, I'm trying to find the god damn
enhanced machines
but forgot where they spawn.

Did you
debug the game?

If you need to hunt down unit data bullshit (and it gets seriously bullshit) there's a JP wiki out there with some locations and screens on where to find things, and a few other places with info. The spawn rates are some next level horseshit though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Either I suck or this hacking stuff blows. I spent like 10 minutes
trying to hack some gold enemies.

Those are a pretty special breed that take a long time to kill, especially without hacking. Hacking itself is pretty insanely OP.

Did you
debug the game?

If you need to hunt down unit data bullshit (and it gets seriously bullshit) there's a JP wiki out there with some locations and screens on where to find things, and a few other places with info. The spawn rates are some next level horseshit though.

No.

And I need memory alloy which apparently only comes from those enemies. But I dont know how far into the story you have to go until they spawn.

There use to be one that spawned right at the transport in City Ruins: Cave.

Anne

No.

And I need memory alloy which apparently only comes from those enemies. But I dont know how far into the story you have to go until they spawn.

There use to be one that spawned right at the transport in City Ruins: Cave.

If you need that alloy there are other ways to get it. Quest rewards +
buying from Emil.

Demoskinos

Oh my god these jump cuts in this final ascent up the tower in route C. Both on a technical and stylistic level just fucking incredibly impressive.

buying from Emil.

PKoUlut.png

Hit me up with her location? And funny enough I just found one of the enhanced but I aint got time for that.

Anne

PKoUlut.png

Hit me up with her location? And funny enough I just found one of the enhanced but I aint got time for that.

The shop just kind of drives around the city, but there are 3 routes. One by the desert, one by the factory, one by the resistance camp. If you stop and talk to him on the first two routes a few times you can get him to spawn on that third route. He'll be driving fast with faster music on. If you stop him on that route he sells end game upgrade mats (like literally everything you'd need for tier 4 upgrades that you can't find elsewhere) and a couple of weapons. It might take a few reloads to get him to spawn there but it's not all that rare.

I said it earlier in the thread but I grinded out all quests, wep upgrades, endings, etc. By far the easiest way to do it is just hoarding machine cores and using that money to bypass a lot of the end game grind.

The shop just kind of drives around the city, but there are 3 routes. One by the desert, one by the factory, one by the resistance camp. If you stop and talk to him on the first two routes a few times you can get him to spawn on that third route. He'll be driving fast with faster music on. If you stop him on that route he sells end game upgrade mats (like literally everything you'd need for tier 4 upgrades that you can't find elsewhere) and a couple of weapons. It might take a few reloads to get him to spawn there but it's not all that rare.

I said it earlier in the thread but I grinded out all quests, wep upgrades, endings, etc. By far the easiest way to do it is just hoarding machine cores and using that money to bypass a lot of the end game grind.

I know want you're talking about, but I just stopped it and its only selling chips.

Anne

I know want you're talking about, but I just stopped it and its only selling chips.

Gotta reload it and catch it specifically in that third location to.
There are 3 diff versions of his shop based on location.

Desert = chips
Factory = mid tier upgrade mats
Camp = end game mats and weapons

at least that's how it always worked for me. Sometimes he would bug out and sell me chips at other locations and I just exited the store and talked to him again in the same spot and it gave em the mats store.

Gotta reload it and catch it specifically in that third location to.
There are 3 diff versions of his shop based on location.

Desert = chips
Factory = mid tier upgrade mats
Camp = end game mats and weapons

at least that's how it always worked for me. Sometimes he would bug out and sell me chips at other locations and I just exited the store and talked to him again in the same spot and it gave em the mats store.

PKoUlut.png

Thanks!

Wait are you still on Route B?

I already beat all 3 (or 4) main routes. Mainly A, B, & C.

jonjonaug

PKoUlut.png

Thanks!

I already beat all 3 (or 4) main routes. Mainly A, B, & C.

In that case just
load up chapter 7-2 as 9S (where Anemone sends you to the Flooded City)
. Everything should be available there except
2B exclusive quests. If you want to do those just load up the same chapter as 2B

Anne

Btw I don't if it's been talked about or is a spoiler, but if anybody is still on early routes and is getting machine core drops, don't sell them unless you desperately need the money. They go up in value the later in the game you are until they are worth 22k a pop rather than 10k. You'll need that money for upgrade mats.

What's okay to sell? If it says "can be exchanged for money" am I good to sell it?

Other than what I just said and a couple of specific things that are used for sidequests, yeah you can sell anything with that on it. Anything that can be used to complete a side quests should be generated as a set spawn when you get the quest AFAIK.

Ruff

This game has so many great reaction moments I like to watch from streamers. Only in a Yoko Taro game would I ever want to see someone's reaction to changing the settings at the start of the game.

Awesome.

Rainy

Banned
Just started Route B

Played about an hour or two so far.

It feels so awkward to play with 9S, and honestly the hacking isn't the best...hm. I'll get used to it hopefully.

TissueBox

This game has so many great reaction moments I like to watch from streamers. Only in a Yoko Taro game would I ever want to see someone's reaction to changing the settings at the start of the game.

Awesome.

It's soo cute
messing with 9S
in that part lol.

Just started Route B, thinking of cranking it to Hard even though I don't like the new playstyle as much. Gonna try to be a bit more experimental with my plug-in setups, especially since
9S seemingly takes hits like a chump

Also who else got trolled at the very beginning of the route by going the wrong way and having to redo the whole sequence over again lol?

Edit
Just finished Route A.

Started again...got ending G....wat?

like so, lol

big fake

Sorry but this is likely is off topic. I bought Automata but can't play till exams are over in April. So I was thinking I would watch a playthrough NieR 1 with no commentary to fill myself in on the game. Would I be losing out not playing it myself or should I wait to play it myself?

Again sorry I know this is very off topic. Just wanted to know what others think.

Momentary

Banned
So is there a secret to doing finishers? I used to get them at the beginning of the game, now I never do. Do I need to up the difficulty to hard?

LotusHD

Banned
Sorry but this is likely is topic. I bought Automata but can't play till exams are over in April. So I was thinking I would watch a playthrough NieR 1 with no commentary to fill myself in on the game. Would I be losing out not playing it myself or should I wait to play it myself?

Again sorry I know this is very off topic. Just wanted to know what others think.

No, I'd very much recommend you watch it to enrich your later experience with Automata.

Sorry but this is likely is topic. I bought Automata but can't play till exams are over in April. So I was thinking I would watch a playthrough NieR 1 with no commentary to fill myself in on the game. Would I be losing out not playing it myself or should I wait to play it myself?

You can get by just watching the Clemps Analyses if you want to save time and still get most of the experience, IMO.

I think the best alternative to playing Nier 1 yourself is to read The Dark Id's LP. It's a 100% completionist playthrough, which is pretty important to the Nier experience, imo.

Watching an uncommented playthrough of Nier seems like it would be pretty boring and long unless they cut a lot out.

Alo0oy

Banned
I really want to replay the game after 100%ing it. But I really don't like hacking, it got old within the first hour, and 9S's combat is not that compelling to begin with, what a shame.

Also,
I really hate 9S, he went from a decent character to a whiny child in route C, I gave little to no fuck about him by the end. I don't know why they keep expecting us to give a fuck about characters like that.

I wanted A2 to kill him and move the plot to something more interesting, everything besides 9S was great though.

Demoskinos

Okay I'm doing this credits shooter sequence....holy shit the back end of this shooter thing is intense. Does accepting a rescue request affect anything? Cause I don't know if I can beat this by myself. MARKETING DIVISION is too stronk.

Exentryk

So is there a secret to doing finishers? I used to get them at the beginning of the game, now I never do. Do I need to up the difficulty to hard?

You need to get the enemy health really low, and then you get an prompt to initiate a finisher via the Action button.

OniBaka

Okay I'm doing this credits shooter sequence....holy shit the back end of this shooter thing is intense. Does accepting a rescue request affect anything? Cause I don't know if I can beat this by myself. MARKETING DIVISION is too stronk.
Accept it or die

Top Bottom