• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

OniBaka

OK. Pretty big spoilers In
Route C
that section where
2b is infected with the virus and is walking away is fucking stupid. I got killed 2 times, once because the game randomly decided to put me in the stagger state, and I get punched of by a medium biped, and I got corner trapped by a bunch of small bipeds and the game refused to let me do anything about it

I eventually realized there is an optimal route for this section on my 3rd attempt, but man fuck this section. The idea is great, but the execution of it is incredibly annoying

I was so annoyed that
2B's death was overshadowed my irritation with the section
There's an item you can use where you don't get staggered which would help a lot in that scene.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This just went from GOTY contender to 1/10 might never finish. Actually it's still a GOTY contender.

But is this game a troll? Like wtf... I assume this is the end?
this nine hour fucking boss fight that never ends? After a nine hour feeling endless factory dungeon. It's just been absolutely stupid one-note grind the last couple hours. Parts of it are neat, but the pacing... wtf. It's like they are trying to troll and be all meta, and it's just dragging on and on.
And the difficulty curve makes no sense. I finally die on what I'm assuming is the last bit of this marathon fight, and I'm like, "Fine, whatever" maybe this will trigger an ending. Nope. Apparently I have to finish this fight. It wasn't a joke
like the mackerel
. I thought... this has to be a joke right?

I'm super annoyed by this atm. If that was their objective... mission accomplished. Went from having a ridiculous amount of fun to feeling like a chore. Whatever this is supposed to be, I don't get it.

This just went from GOTY contender to 1/10 might never finish. Actually it's still a GOTY contender.

this nine hour fucking boss fight that never ends? After a nine hour feeling endless factory dungeon. It's just been absolutely stupid one-note grind the last couple hours. Parts of it are neat, but the pacing... wtf. It's like they are trying to troll and be all meta, and it's just dragging on and on.
And the difficulty curve makes no sense. I finally die on what I'm assuming is the last bit of this marathon fight, and I'm like, "Fine, whatever" maybe this will trigger an ending. Nope. Apparently I have to finish this fight. It wasn't a joke
like the mackerel

I'm super annoyed by this atm. If that was their objective... mission accomplished. Went from having a ridiculous amount of fun to feeling like a chore. Whatever this is supposed to be, I don't get it.

Literally can't think what part you're even at.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
It's not like I wasn't efficient in combat as 9S, with the chips you have available during Route B you're pretty much way overpowered already, he's just less fun to play as than 2B due to his limited moveset.

Well...
He's more limited in terms of direct melee combat, however, if you consider that hacking isn't just a way to blow stuff up and start playing with the options to remote control and subjugate enemies... your options widen massively. Its particularly useful on high difficulties as its a good way to gain exp without exposing yourself to getting smashed by tougher foes.

Remote controlling flying enemies is also useful if you're still getting to grips with some of the trickier jumps to make. For example I did Father Servo's quest using all RC enemies to get to him.

Then of course if you actually enjoy the hacking game by itself, there are 50+ different layouts to unlock and master. Its a lot of game.

I'd also add that there are a lot of pod programs to experiment with, which like the rest of the stuff I've mentioned isn't strictly necessary to beat the game, but its all fun to play with if you fancy trying different things out beyond basic melee-mashing.

Shahadan

like the mackerel

No offense but, the fuck are you doing? Not only dying in this game is borderline impossible unless you're playing on the harder difficulties, but boss fights are short as fuck.
You might want to rethink your equiped chips or level up a weapon or use any of the thousands stat boosting items the game is constantly throwing at you.

Platinum pls

Please patch in easier way for A2 to do hold light attack moves. I'm fine with Taunting with HOLD-O, we can even make it optional thing in the controls menu. Just pls. My babby input skills no like.

Whales

Banned
Im still at the start of route B because I didnt have much time to play recently

and then spoilers are starting to pop up on youtube

plz help

DKF590

like the mackerel

I actually have no idea what this could be referring to. I can't really think of a fight that lasted more than a couple minutes at the most.

Exentryk

Dunno if people are having trouble with traversal, but you can use lots of attack moves to help get to places easier. Couple of examples below:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

LotusHD

Banned

like the mackerel

Where the fuck are you lmao

So today marks 21 days says since my order shipped from game.co.uk (with no tracking), which means I can finally ask for a refund. Really want to play this game already. Did anyone else order internationally from there for the steelbook and never get it?

like the mackerel

Where are you?

There would probably be a program that'd let you map the controller dodge button to some keyboard key.
wouldnt work, even if there was 0 delay on the input type swapping, the direction swapping would immediately change to controller, so you would end up getting a backwards dodge no matter what

jonjonaug

like the mackerel

I'm assuming you're having trouble with the flying thing on Route A?

Use the laser pod (not the laser pod attack, but the second pod unit you can get by
fishing in the flooded city
) if you have it, it'll cut right through the outer shell. Make sure to lock on and use your pod attacks (the laser works good). It shouldn't take THAT long to beat.

Wanderer5

KB/M controls wouldve been fine, but they bound dodge to "double tap direction" with no way to unbind that and bind it to a single key press

So not a good thing I guessing.

Well I am waiting to check this game out till later into the summer anyway, which by then I will probably have a new 360 controller or such.

chrono01

I finally (officially?) completed the game, with Endings C, D, and E.

Ending C had me
;_;.
Ending D had me
;_;!
Ending E had me
!!! So happy that there's a chance for a sequel and/or additional DLC content.

But man, Ending E. No spoilers, but I had to ask for help during the "you know what". I tried to do it solo, progressed a decent amount, but then I had to give in. If anyone can finish that segment by themselves, I want to buy them a drink. They deserve it, after going through that. I also
chose to keep my save, since I have side-quest stuff to do.
I'll probably try to Platinum this before Persona 5 hits and consumes my life. There's no Trophy linked with Hard difficulty, right? If not, I guess I'll just slowly work through the stuff on my current save file.

So not a good thing I guessing.

Well I am waiting to check this game out till later into the summer anyway, which by then I will probably have a new 360 controller or such.
yea, in a game this fast paced having to double tap to dodge is too slow, and its just fucking awkward. A few other games Ive played on PC do this and I never like it like Phantasy Star Online 2 did it and its just awful, but luckily in that game I could bind it to another individual key.

I finally (officially?) completed the game, with Endings C, D, and E.

Ending C had me
;_;.
Ending D had me
;_;!
Ending E had me
!!! So happy that there's a chance for a sequel and/or additional DLC content.

But man, Ending E. No spoilers, but I had to ask for help during the "you know what". I tried to do it solo, progressed a decent amount, but then I had to give in. If anyone can finish that segment by themselves, I want to buy them a drink. They deserve it, after going through that. I also
chose to keep my save, since I have side-quest stuff to do.
I'll probably try to Platinum this before Persona 5 hits and consumes my life. There's no Trophy linked with Hard difficulty, right? If not, I guess I'll just slowly work through the stuff on my current save file.

No difficulty trophies, but it doesn't matter because you can
just go buy them with ingame moneys

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh, I think I fucked up real bad.

Early game, 4th-ish boss.

I killed that humanoid machine boss and after escaping, I took a right turn rather than continuing on the path. I figured I could go back but I fell and wasn't able to get back up. I tried going back, but now there are mobs level 34 where the boss was and they're one shooting me. Not really sure how the hell I'm supposed to get back with that room full of mobs.

Also, I died for the first time 2 trying to get my body back but I loaded the game. Do I get my stuff back or is it all gone now? Not really sure how the save system works right now.

Ferrio

Banned
Oh, I think I fucked up real bad.

Early game, 4th-ish boss.

I killed that humanoid machine boss and after escaping, I took a right turn rather than continuing on the path. I figured I could go back but I fell and wasn't able to get back up. I tried going back, but now there are mobs level 34 where the boss was and they're one shooting me. Not really sure how the hell I'm supposed to get back with that room full of mobs.

Also, I died for the first time 2 trying to get my body back but I loaded the game. Do I get my stuff back or is it all gone now? Not really sure how the save system works right now.

If you load the game before your initial death you'll have your stuff back. I generally would try to retrieve my body, but if it failed I'd just load my latest save.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
If you load the game before your initial death you'll have your stuff back. I generally would try to retrieve my body, but if it failed I'd just load my latest save.

Alright, cool.

Pretty sure that save was before the first death, so I should be good.

chrono01

Talk to
the lady in the camp with the machine head
Thanks for the info, but I'd rather earn the trophies the legit way. It kind of defeats the purpose if you just buy them. :(

Yep, just be real hush-hush about it though.
Haha, not to worry. I won't be using this feature, as I mentioned above. Without earning them myself, they serve no meaning. Plus I get to experience more of this incredible game by working for them, which gives me even more inventive.

Did another (perhaps final, as I don't really need both PS4 and PC copies) playthrough on the PS4 version and final route end spoiler
happily tossed another file into the ether to help others
. I'm taking my sweet time though playing the PC version, not moving on from
2B/Route A
for a while.

Ruff

like the mackerel

Are you playing the same game as us?

Voliko

So how do I get D and E? Just finished C. No spoilers pls

All the game told me about after finishing C was debug room, buying trophies, and chapter select

Top Bottom