• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Exentryk

There is a survey from the dev team here (in JP though). Asks about what you liked in Automata.

I am mostly content with everything I've played so far, but I asked for better pod program control scheme via shortcut buttons (something like KH magic) in the future, and even more variety in combat.

chrono01

There is a survey from the dev team here (in JP though). Asks about what you liked in Automata.

I am mostly content with everything I've played so far, but I asked for better pod program control scheme via shortcut buttons (something like KH magic) in the future, and even more variety in combat.
My only complaint?

It ended. :(

Boo, let your English fans send you their love.

Mailbox

OST is out on iTunes now.

Apc34v2.gif

Tain

I'm at the
Copied City
boss fight on Hard at level 24 and I feel pretty under-leveled but I can't tell if I am. I guess that's how this goes, though. Don't wanna lose my chips while grinding, either, so I just gotta no-damage this thing.

Ferrio

Banned
Boo, let your English fans send you their love.

Ya, I'd like to throw some input as well. As much as I adore the game I think the difficulties + healing system was a bit outta whack. Think that's my only complaint about the game.

I'm at the
Copied City
boss fight on Hard at level 24 and I feel pretty under-leveled but I can't tell if I am. I guess that's how this goes, though. Don't wanna lose my chips while grinding, either, so I just gotta no-damage this thing.

There's really no risk of losing your chips unless your dead set on never reloading. It isn't like dark souls where it saves on your death.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The factory can fudge right off. Insta kill slammers, conveyor belts, and suicide bombers... this is some shit

Voliko

I'm at the
Copied City
yeah I pretty much had that speech memorized

Exentryk

I'm at the
Copied City

The boss is level
, but yeah, on hard this usually means OHK unless you've got a good defensive build. The boss telegraphs attacks well though, so it should be enjoyable/satisfying to learn and get through the fight. You could just go back to the vending machine outside the cave and grind near the save point. Or just teleport out and buy some melee def and hp+ chips.

FWIW, I was level 36 there, so could tank a few hits.

Sami+

Hm. Am I using the wrong spear? I'm on Route B and charge attacking with Virtuous Dignity level 2 and shit still takes forever to kill lmao

Exentryk

Hm. Am I using the wrong spear? I'm on Route B and charge attacking with Virtuous Dignity level 2 and shit still takes forever to kill lmao

Get Spear of the Usurper from Heritage of the Past quest. Note you'll encounter
high level enemies at the end, but can probably run from them.

---

Someone has messed up the weapons tab on that spreadsheet. God damn it >.<
Edit: Restored.

Sami+

Get Spear of the Usurper from Heritage of the Past quest. Note you'll encounter
high level enemies at the end, but can probably run from them.

---

Someone has messed up the weapons tab on that spreadsheet. God damn it >.<

... Follow up question.
Just realized the enemies that were taking forever to kill were gold. I saw y'all talking about that but I didn't pay attention since I hadn't started B yet. What's the deal with those?

Exentryk

... Follow up question.
Just realized the enemies that were taking forever to kill were gold. I saw y'all talking about that but I didn't pay attention since I hadn't started B yet. What's the deal with those?

They're
just very strong enemies that drop rare materials when defeated, and have some minor world building to them. They have high defense and HP and are meant to be challenging to beat.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I got to level 99 using the Amusement park trick and now the game has lost all challenge for me.

I mean it was easy before but now it's just silly. I guess I should play on max difficulty now?

chrono01

So I'm working on getting all of the endings now (via chapter select). Is there any shame in using a guide? Some of these are insanely random (such as eating a mackerel), and I have Persona 5 releasing soon and I'm kind of hoping to get it all finished up (and Platinum'd) by that time.

Also, I just found out what the Dress Module does. I am glad for the existence of this thing.

Just curious if I dedicated a weekend can I finish this? Between Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier and now P5 its killing me to want to sink into so many open world games.

chrono01

To get all the endings? No, there most certainly isn't.
Yeah, for the endings.

I didn't use a guide for the main ones (A/B/C/D/E), but considering how obtuse some of the other ones are, I think I'll save myself the pain/agony of trying to find them for myself. It's not spoiling what the actual endings are though, so at least there's that.

chrono01

Just curious if I dedicated a weekend can I finish this? Between Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier and now P5 its killing me to want to sink into so many open world games.
You could try. It's an addictive game, you won't want to stop playing it, but whether you finish or not in-time depends on the amount of free-time you have.

I wouldn't personally rush through it, as this game is special and deserves to be savored. If you think you'll be hard-pressed to comfortably complete it before P5 hits, I'd recommend waiting until afterwards to play Nier Automata. It's worth the wait, trust me.

Just started playing yesterday and I find the open world to be boring and ugly as hell.

It's like the anti Zelda: BotW open world. No personality and atmosphere can't redeem how boring it is. But everything else is on point. Just got to
the amusement park and beat the beautiful robot boss and made it to the village

This game is great, but the open world is really holding it back imo.

dlauv

Route
C
feels so contrived.

Overall though, still pretty great. Just these latter two
routes
have had a lull in creativity, particularly in plot but also in spectacle, and I don't appreciate the forced
walking
sections. Just now starting the
God
box.

Is there a trick to getting the high quality item merchant to spawn? I got him earlier, but I had to chapter hop for some stuff and now it refuses to work.

Top Bottom