• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

This OST, brehs. This. Fucking. OST.

Ugh,
Emil
still one shotting me even at Lv.81...
Any tips?

- Melee defense programs
- Range defense programs
- Faith
- Ancient Overlord
- Melee defense chips
- HP chips
- life per hit chips
- + defense salves
- Normal difficulty
- Go ham when his spin attack ends

I power leveled my way to 99, lets see how it goes

that shouldn't have been necessary, but w/e.

Bowlie

Banned
Route C just went OFF THE RAILS

It did!

---

Damange and defense chips cap at a way too low percentage and use too many slots to be worthy, but I never died after putting together the

• Offensive Heal +
  • Deadly Heal +
  • Damage Absorb +
  • Anti Chain Damage +
  • Evade Range Up

chips in my loadout.

Yeah, Lv99+Slow+Spear Throw took him down too easily lol

lmao

yea, damage by the time you get to level 4 weapons and level 90+ is pretty broken.

I will say it again: I am disappointed that the game's regular enemies and bosses don't consistently scale to the level of the player.

The fact that SOME enemies do scale (the flying enemies, usually in the flying sequences) suggest to me that it may be a bug, actually.

If you replay the
godzilla
sequence again right now, the enemies you shoot at in flight mode will be level 99, but the boss will be level 40 or something.

I wouldn't have reset my save so fast if enemies were properly leveled, but being so overleveled compared to everything made it impossible to even try to enjoy the weapons I worked so hard to get to level 4. When you 1-shot almost everything, you don't even get the satisfaction of finishing a combo anymore. Never mind nothing but
emil
being able to kill you.

Jaroof

This OST, brehs. This. Fucking. OST.
My thoughts, exactly.

But wooooow. I actually stopped next to
Emil
to actually listen to the song that plays.

It's a variation on the super sad song for Emil from the original Nier! They just twisted it into a jubilant song.

I loved that. It's a small that thing made me smile.

I'm now a bit over 40 hours into this game, and still have no intention of putting it down. I love it.

It did!

---

Damange and defense chips cap at a way too low percentage and use too many slots to be worthy, but I never died after putting together the

• Offensive Heal +
  • Deadly Heal +
  • Damage Absorb +
  • Anti Chain Damage +
  • Evade Range Up

chips in my loadout.

How does Damage Absorb actually work?

Mailbox

^ Nothing more after that.

Offtopic, but couple of tracks from SINoALICE (mobile Yoko Taro game + Okabe music):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLZZtZ_dTZ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vOhfbRCI0g

We still haven't seen anything in terms of gameplay or story wrt SINoALICE, have we? Like Taro is creative director, but did he write the scenario too? Thing is, Taro being behind this has made this basically the only mobile game i've ever been downright interested in, but i highly doubt it will come stateside

Exentryk

Was too tired to play today. But weekend is almost here, so will hopefully finish off all the main endings.

We still haven't seen anything in terms of gameplay or story wrt SINoALICE, have we? Like Taro is creative director, but did he write the scenario too? Thing is, Taro being behind this has made this basically the only mobile game i've ever been downright interested in, but i highly doubt it will come stateside

Haven't seen any gameplay, but I'm not really keeping close tabs on it. Not interested in mobile games at all.

dude

dude
I'm going through route B now... Any tips for the hacking mini-game? I'm not really enjoying it right now, especially the more difficult ones, and I have a feeling it's going to take a prominent rule...

Also, other tips for this route? I'm not really feeling
9S
combat moves.

Kyonashi

Accidentally entered the
Amusement Park
with partner
2B
on 'Aggressive', have I fucked anything up? On Route B btw.

Baalzebup

I'm going through route B now... Any tips for the hacking mini-game? I'm not really enjoying it right now, especially the more difficult ones, and I have a feeling it's going to take a prominent rule...

Also, other tips for this route? I'm not really feeling
9S
combat moves.
Since you only have one button for attacks, you have a bit more mileage for that one button. The launcher move is jump and light attack right after instead of the jump and heavy attack right after. If you delay your attack inputs a bit, you get a different string of attacks (at least on the ground). And like with the launcher, the charge attack is also in the light attack button, so hold that for a while for some snazzy charged attacks. The charged spear attack is especially powerful.

Ruff

My fiancée is playing now after loving what she saw during my playthrough. I started her on easy.

She thinks she's really good at the game, I haven't the heart to tell her auto-chips are a thing :(

maskrider

Oh ! Even the settings are garbled with 1.06, damn ! Better stop doing anything until they release a fix.

edit: Some users on GameFAQs experienced the same thing, and looks like this "thing" is limited to JPN version

nier-automata-garbled-settings.png

OniBaka

My fiancée is playing now after loving what she saw during my playthrough. I started her on easy.

She thinks she's really good at the game, I haven't the heart to tell her auto-chips are a thing :(
I remember someone here saying they wanted to play the game but were afraid their wife watching them control 2B. My suggestion to them was to let the wife play instead since you would be too focus on combat rather than booty.

Blobbers

Some weird shit happening during route B.
I've had a what seems to be girl hologram appear twice out of nowhere, once during the cutscene in the crashed alien ship, and once in the bunker near my mech.

Just started this a few days ago. So far my biggest complaint is the random hitches in framerate here and there. It's like the game pauses for a fraction of a second sometimes.

PS4 Pro user if that matters.

mcmmaster

Is there no way to replay bosses after beating the game and have them scale to your level, why even allow for chapter select points at the exact boss fights if you blow through their health bar instantly, seems like such a huge oversight to me as someone that wants to go back and enjoy the thrill of some boss fights.

I tried removing all plug-in chips and using level 1 weapons which the latter isn't a very ideal thing to do and I was still stomping them.

Get used to it because yes, it will take a prominent rule in route B and even C. I liked it at first but it is clearly overused during the course of the game. It's annoying.

That said, it never gets really hard. In most cases you can take your time and shoot stuff from a safe distance. Using black and white blocks as cover also helps.

Is there no way to replay bosses after beating the game and have them scale to your level, why even allow for chapter select points at the exact boss fights if you blow through their health bar instantly, seems like such a huge oversight to me as someone that wants to go back and enjoy the thrill of some boss fights.

I tried removing all plug-in chips and using level 1 weapons which the latter isn't a very ideal thing to do and I was still stomping them.

Nah. The pain is real.

Oh ! Even the settings are garbled with 1.06, damn ! Better stop doing anything until they release a fix.

edit: Some users on GameFAQs experienced the same thing, and looks like this "thing" is limited to JPN version

nier-automata-garbled-settings.png

I can appreciate this. The japanese audio gets proper lip sync but in turn the japanese release is sort of a guniea pig for the rest of the world.:p

In all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me if Square Enix still puts up this gamebreaking update at a later date for the US and EU releases. And I've read that the update slows down movement speed as well?

Edit: Does this only affect the english text option? Who knows if SquareEnix even notices any complaints as of now if it might not affect JP texts.

Jiraiza

Only steamrolling allowed, friend.

maskrider

I can appreciate this. The japanese audio gets proper lip sync but in turn the japanese release is sort of a guniea pig for the rest of the world.:p

In all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me if Square Enix still puts up this gamebreaking update at a later date for the US and EU releases. And I've read that the update slows down movement speed as well?
might

Edit: Does this only affect the english text option? Who knows if SquareEnix even notices any complaints as of now if it might not affect JP texts.

I tried changing to Japanese and other languages in the list, still garbled.

maskrider

How does this even happen then? Is this some deliberate meta commentary about game patching? Did the data corrupt before they uploaded it? This isn't really something you'd miss from playtesting.

Tried re-download the system data from PS+ Cloud and the previously garbled "Settings" page is ok again. Hacking game is still the same, though.

dude

dude
Get used to it because yes, it will take a prominent rule in route B and even C. I liked it at first but it is clearly overused during the course of the game. It's annoying.

That said, it never gets really hard. In most cases you can take your time and shoot stuff from a safe distance. Using black and white blocks as cover also helps.

I'm getting the hang of it now, especially with hiding just behind a white block but so that I can shoot the sphere. Every once in a while I'll get this one that's just a clusterfuck of stuff going on... It's just annoying, especially since most of them are timed so I can't play it too safe. But losing them doesn't seem to cause too much damage so far, so I think I'll be alright.

:'(

I was running around like a madman trying to stop her and freaking out, had to run out of the park to turn her back to 'Passive'. I felt terrible, especially after the very beginning of Route B.

You can set your partner AI from the menu as well, so you don't have to try and catch up to them in combat

Some weird shit happening during route B.
I've had a what seems to be girl hologram appear twice out of nowhere, once during the cutscene in the crashed alien ship, and once in the bunker near my mech.

Huh, yeah I dunno, never seen that, maybe wait for a patch

That Route C quest in the desert... holy Mad Max!

If I subjugate an enemy, how do I regain control over 9S? I've only figured out how to let other mobs kill me so I can escape.

Just started playing yesterday and I find the open world to be boring and ugly as hell.

It's like the anti Zelda: BotW open world. No personality and atmosphere can't redeem how boring it is. But everything else is on point. Just got to
the amusement park and beat the beautiful robot boss and made it to the village

This game is great, but the open world is really holding it back imo.

Don't think of it as an open world. It's basically just a big hub world.

Top Bottom