• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Rainy

Banned
Route C stuff

Just got to the part where you start playing as A2, as enjoyable as 2B which I liked a lot. Does the taunt have any extra effects besides looking cool?

Just finished for the night. Need to tell myself to come back to this considering I'm getting Persona 5 tomorrow...

LotusHD

Banned
Route C stuff

Just got to the part where you start playing as A2, as enjoyable as 2B which I liked a lot. Does the taunt have any extra effects besides looking cool?

Just finished for the night. Need to tell myself to come back to this considering I'm getting Persona 5 tomorrow...

It makes you and your enemies do more damage.

kuroshiki

Route C stuff

It increases damage 200% to 300% for both you and enemy depends on your chip configuration for short period of time.

killatopak

Gold Member
I've found like half a dozen by just running around and using the scanner ability that you get for your pods. Its one of the more common hidden items.
Damn that's a lot of ground to cover for someone who seldom uses search.

I found 5 by completing a certain quest as a reward.
reconnaissance quest.

Astral

Goddammit game if you're not gonna have auto save at least don't fucking crash. I hate having to redo long boss fights because of something like that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Goddammit game if you're not gonna have auto save at least don't fucking crash. I hate having to redo long boss fights because of something like that.

I crashed at one part that made me think the game was trying to do some undertale shit.

Nope, just crashed.

Bowlie

Banned

After failing 10~20 times on the last part of the Speed Star sidequest, the game crashed on me.

D:

chrono01

I finally got around to listening to the Nier Automata OST I received a week or so ago (wanted to wait until I finished the game completely so I could hear all songs first-hand in-game first). The Emil's Shop track is the greatest thing I've ever heard.

The soundtrack as a whole is just amazing. The mixing sounds better than even what I heard in-game. So glad I purchased this. All these feelings, though. :/

So GAF, this game... Confuses me. I really like it, enjoy the soundtrack, the controls... But the open world elements and side quests seem kind of...mediocre? I started ignoring side quests because they weren't all that great, but it stinks knowing I'll miss some charming dialogue
how do you make children?
. Also, the graphical fidelity and art style can look extremely dated where it looks like a smoother/sharper PS2 title. There's a lot of frame hitching and pop in. I even experienced a crash today and lost progress.

One last thing...the combat seems fairly shallow. You can pretty much chain dodges for days and do the parry retaliation moves over and over. I try my best to refrain from that because it's boring.

My biggest fear is that if I end up doing multiple playthroughs, will I have to re-spec and complete side quests again?

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being too hard on it, but I needed to bounce it off you all.

Antiwhippy

Done side quests are done as you go on other routes. It's better to think of them as chapters really. You keep your chips and levels and every item.

LotusHD

Banned
So GAF, this game... Confuses me. I really like it, enjoy the soundtrack, the controls... But the open world elements and side quests seem kind of...mediocre? I started ignoring side quests because they weren't all that great, but it stinks knowing I'll miss some charming dialogue
how do you make children?
. Also, the graphical fidelity and art style can look extremely dated where it looks like a smoother/sharper PS2 title. There's a lot of frame hitching and pop in. I even experienced a crash today and lost progress.

One last thing...the combat seems fairly shallow. You can pretty much chain dodges for days and do the parry retaliation moves over and over. I try my best to refrain from that because it's boring.

My biggest fear is that if I end up doing multiple playthroughs, will I have to re-spec and complete side quests again?

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being too hard on it, but I needed to bounce it off you all.

Consider doing at least some of these sidequests as you progress through the game if you don't feel like sifting through all of them.

As for the multiple playthroughs, I'm not understanding. Are you referring to playing the game past Route A? Because if you are, then no, once you complete a sidequest, you don't have to do it again.

Done side quests are done as you go on other routes. It's better to think of them as chapters really. You keep your chips and levels and every item.

Consider doing at least some of these sidequests as you progress through the game if you don't feel like sifting through all of them.

As for the multiple playthroughs, I'm not understanding. Are you referring to playing the game past Route A? Because if you are, then no, once you complete a sidequest, you don't have to do it again.

Okay cool... I appreciate that. That's actually pretty exciting. Thanks for the link too, btw.

Exentryk

Second optional boss down
(Emil in front of his house). The battle was over so quickly, lol. He was even easier than that level 80 Rabbit?!

Now to find the
missing weapons for the remaining boss.

Jintor

honestly the combat is just okay (by platinum standards), it doesn't have that complexity depth to it like bayo because there's no need to finish combos so no benefit to stuff like dodge offset. Sure looks flashy though.

Also it's not like you can juggle a lot of big enemies or anything so you kinda just spend your time whaling on big spheres that don't give much feedback

Philippo

So uhmm, i am at the end of E when
042 asks you to delete your data
. I was only missing two trophies: the one for Ending E and the one for all the endings. Now it only gave me the first one, but i'm afraid that if i say yes to the question it will skip to
deleting my save
without giving me the latter and the platinum. What should i do?

Antiwhippy

. I was only missing two trophies: the one for Ending E and the one for all the endings. Now it only gave me the first one, but i'm afraid that if i say yes to the question it will skip to
deleting my save

Just don't do it.

You don't have to.

But you'll know in your heart of hearts that you didn't do it.

Shahadan

S9
just disappeared, and all my sidequests.

Will I get them back or are they gone permanently?

After the giant boss fight? Events will happen for a while so I don't think you can complete most of those anymore for now but you'll be able to in Route B

Philippo

Just don't do it.

You don't have to.

But you'll know yourself that you didn't do it.

Oh no i'm definitely
deleting my save
, no way i skip on that.
I just won't my platinum and i fear it's glitched?

Like, it gave me the trophy for the only ending i was missing and it still not gave me the one for all endings unlocked?

Antiwhippy

Oh no i'm definitely
deleting my save
, no way i skip on that.
I just won't my platinum and i fear it's glitched?

Like, it gave me the trophy for the only ending i was missing and it still not gave me the one for all endings unlocked?
Oh huh.

Well hopefully it's not bugged.

Shahadan

Really? I might just end it here in that case.

Some of the sidequests had lvl 40-50 enemies, but I can't actually complete them in the next playthrough?

This game is so bizarre.

You'll keep your level and anyway you get a way to defeat things very easily
You're just currently in the middle of events leading directly to the first ending

CrovaxPSO

deleting my save

That trophy is for getting all
endings I think, not just the "main" ones. Could that be it?

Philippo

That trophy is for getting all
endings I think, not just the "main" ones. Could that be it?

I did all of them, i was only missing
E
I shut down the game, let's see if it unlocks by going back there, or if i fucked up even more since now i have the E trophy but it's not listed in the save file lol

Shahadan

The game is easy as it is, it's just that when I'm lvl 20 and fighting a lvl 50 large biped thing, it just takes forever.

Which is why doing them in Route B when you're lvl 40 is a better idea. :p
Father Servo last form is not really meant to be fought in A for example

ys45

Route C Spoiler (near the end) holy shit wtf just happened .....
The whole village got corrupted and they started eating each other : / It broke my heart to see that girl you help early in the game get back to her village from the desert (trying to help her mom get repaired) dying in a position trying to protect her :(
and when you think it can't get worse
All the children commit suicide while you are defending the place
I chose to
erase Pascal memories by compation
what happens if you don't ?

LotusHD

Banned
Route C Spoiler (near the end) holy shit wtf just happened .....
The whole village got corrupted and they started eating each other : / It broke my heart to see that girl you help early in the game get back to her village from the desert (trying to help her mom get repaired) dying in a position trying to protect her :(
and when you think it can't get worse
All the children commit suicide while you are defending the place
I chose to
erase Pascal memories by compation
what happens if you don't ?

Nothing, you'd just be a bigger dick. Give your condolences to him back at the village if ya want.

Finished Ending A last night. Really enjoyed the game a ton, but yeah in usual Yoko Taro fashion I don't really have any answers. Started the B route and man, 9S is gimmicky. Playing as him is fine, but I enjoyed playing as 2B way more. 8-Bit music when hacking is a nice touch.

Sad that I probably won't pick this game up again for a while because of P5, but maybe I can juggle this and P5 in some way because I really adore this game overall. Not as much as the first NIER yet, but if it keeps up I expect it to be even better.

Finished Ending A last night. Really enjoyed the game a ton, but yeah in usual Yoko Taro fashion I don't really have any answers. Started the B route and man, 9S is gimmicky. Playing as him is fine, but I enjoyed playing as 2B way more. 8-Bit music when hacking is a nice touch.

Sad that I probably won't pick this game up again for a while because of P5, but maybe I can juggle this and P5 in some way because I really adore this game overall. Not as much as the first NIER yet, but if it keeps up I expect it to be even better.

You may be doing this already, but I felt the same way until I experimented with different plug-in chips and read some of the advice earlier in the thread about switching to a spear and using hacking for crowd-control. It's admittedly not as fun as 2B (yet, I'm about 2/3s through Route B) but it definitely made it a lot more enjoyable than before. Currently I've been dashing in, chipping some damage with the spear, hacking an enemy near the middle of a mob, letting him blow up a bunch of enemies and then picking off stragglers with the (fairly OP) range spear attack.

You may be doing this already, but I felt the same way until I experimented with different plug-in chips and read some of the advice earlier in the thread about switching to a spear. It's admittedly not as fun as 2B (yet, I'm about 2/3s through Route B) but it definitely mate it a lot more fun for me.

Haven't really done this at all, so I'll give this a shot thanks!

killatopak

Gold Member
55 hours in and I'm jusy two trophies away from plat. I just need ending Y and the fishing trophy. I got every other thing at 100% except the fish at 40% and unit archive at 96%. Spawning those rare machines is pretty damn tedious. Moreso getting the right fish.

I finally got around to listening to the Nier Automata OST I received a week or so ago (wanted to wait until I finished the game completely so I could hear all songs first-hand in-game first). The Emil's Shop track is the greatest thing I've ever heard.

The soundtrack as a whole is just amazing. The mixing sounds better than even what I heard in-game. So glad I purchased this. All these feelings, though. :/
Not gonna lie: the 2 back to back tracks with the kid voice singing are INSTANT skips for me. So bad.

LotusHD

Banned
Gonna just bring people the feels real quick...

skXAqXG.png

Top Bottom