• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Metaroo

You should Youtube real it or something. And there's no point of no return. You hack it, then kill it through hacking/attacking, then save and do it again until you're at the level you want to be.

Just did, but it just doesn't look like I'm able to target the statue in or out of a robot, with the entire area cleared, etc. Its a really strange problem. I have no idea what to do about this lol.

LotusHD

Banned
Just did, but it just doesn't look like I'm able to target the statue in or out of a robot, with the entire area cleared, etc. Its a really strange problem. I have no idea what to do about this lol.

I doubt it's bugged. I dunno, it's weird lol, keep aiming around slowly I guess, stand right in front of the statue, hack the tallest robot, etc.

Hektor

Finally got plat at 56 hours.

Damn. What a ride. Ending Y made me get the feels.

Edit:
You know what I hate about the map the most? There's no compass. I don't know what's north or south. The map moves along with your character's camera as well so it can get a bit confusing.

I alawys considered the shopping mall to be the north and rotated my camera accordingly

killatopak

Gold Member
Are you perhaps playing on an Asian copy? Patch 1.06 messes things up a bit on that particular unit. So I'd say just taunt and attack to allow it to aggro and just hack it when it's target lockable.

Sami+

I have been converted.

I never thought much of the original NieR's soundtrack, but I just had a transformative experience watching last April's live concert for the first time.

;___;

I need to find a console that can play this fucking game. remake pls

On a more related note, I was shocked by how much of Automata was 100% complete so early. I didn't even remember the game's trailer from that concert, and having beaten the game more times than I can count, it's almost Death Stranding-esque in the way that you can tell the game was basically fully formed in Yoko Taro's mind for years.

Emil's theme deadass brings me close to tears when I'm in the right mood 😅

Finally got plat at 56 hours.

Damn. What a ride. Ending Y made me get the feels.

Edit:
You know what I hate about the map the most? There's no compass. I don't know what's north or south. The map moves along with your character's camera as well so it can get a bit confusing.

I use my character as the compass. I keep the mini-map in static mode, so north is always up. When I want to use the menu map, I position my character so that it faces north according to the mini-map. My character then serves as the compass in the menu map

Gbraga

I've found it! What a beautiful path that brought me here, wow! I love it when they hide things like that in games. Not sure what the point of that warning was, but I'm assuming there's more to it, then.

Fantastic accessory, btw. Let's go back wearing it.

killatopak

Gold Member
I use my character as the compass. I keep the mini-map in static mode, so north is always up. When I want to use the menu map, I position my character so that it faces north according to the mini-map. My character then serves as the compass in the menu map

Wait you can make the minimap static? Wow didn't know that. I haven't been tinkering with any settings.

Golnei

I can see why the beginning of Route C got the reactions it did; they followed through on
crumbling the status quo really effectively. Though I'm beginning to wonder if 2B ever had a purpose beyond looking hot and having her system permissions violated - the combined perspectives of routes B and C make her look hilariously useless. I'll assume that'll change with whatever's going on with her consciousness and A2...

In any case, it's taking a lot of effort to not just sacrifice every available moment to powering through the rest of the game.

Just play. No need to worry about that for routes.

Don't worry, they don't really show up anymore.

But I want you to think back to this line after everything else has happened.

Also yeah, no weapons completion needed.

Thanks.

Mailbox

I can see why the beginning of Route C got the reactions it did; they followed through on
crumbling the status quo really effectively. Though I'm beginning to wonder if 2B ever had a purpose beyond looking hot and having her system permissions violated - the combined perspectives of routes B and C make her look hilariously useless. I'll assume that'll change with whatever's going on with her consciousness and A2...

In any case, it's taking a lot of effort to not just sacrifice every available moment to powering through the rest of the game.

Thanks.

Do the side quests in route C. There aren't very many, but they are worth it.

Golnei

Do the side quests in route C. There aren't very many, but they are worth it.

I'm definitely planning on it, I've quite liked the sidequests so far, only skipping that
desert scanning one and Speed Star
. Was the thing posted a page back about
pod choice
affecting available sidequests accurate?

So I got ending A on normal difficulty. I assume it is recommended to do a second (and third) playthrough? Also should I increase the difficulty to hard because the game has been a cakewalk so far.

sn00zer

Quick question.....outside of cutscenes and playable characters. When replaying the game is it exactly the same? Same bosses/levels etc.?

Quick question.....outside of cutscenes and playable characters. When replaying the game is it exactly the same? Same bosses/levels etc.?

Do you mean after
Ending A
? It's mostly the same with extra bits and some major deviations, and it is absolutely worth completing again.

Koozek

So I got ending A on normal difficulty. I assume it is recommended to do a second (and third) playthrough? Also should I increase the difficulty to hard because the game has been a cakewalk so far.
Can't stress enough how much I dislike the way this game's structure was marketed :/

Look, if you only finished "Ending" A you basically have seen maybe a third of the story and the real shit hasn't even gone down yet. I mean, didn't you think the ending you saw was
rather unsatisfying and felt like a fake Happy Ending
?

So yeah, it's not only "recommended", it's absolutely obligatory.

killatopak

Gold Member

Thanks.

it just asks which story character to go first. Don't worry you'll get to do the other choice as well after a certain time.

I see the word "ending" a lot, and I don't think it's really fair to call it that. Using that word assumes that the game is exactly the same every time except for the very final sequences. These are definitely routes, so don't stop at route A thinking you've seen most of what the game has to offer.

Orcastar

I see the word "ending" a lot, and I don't think it's really fair to call it that. Using that word assumes that the game is exactly the same every time except for the very final sequences. These are definitely routes, so don't stop at route A thinking you've seen most of what the game has to offer.

They're called endings in-game.

Can't stress enough how much I dislike the way this game's structure was marketed :/

tumblr_o15ktbqo2g1spb0xzo2_500.gif

AHA-Lambda

Almost done everything now! :)

Although I may give up at the last hurdle as that Reconnaissance Squad side quest sounds like pure BS

Just got started on route C and yeah, didn't see that coming. Although I'm not too pleased with the change yet.

Question:
Does it matter if I choose A2 or 9S when available, or will I go back and do the other one eventually anyway?

Durante

I just played route C for an hour or two.
I already loved the game after A, but this is fucking amazing. Unless it somehow breaks down utterly, it will be really hard to dethrone from my GotY list. (Just like Nier was)

Whales

Banned
Just got started on route C and yeah, didn't see that coming. Although I'm not too pleased with the change yet.

Question:
Does it matter if I choose A2 or 9S when available, or will I go back and do the other one eventually anyway?

im prrtty sure it doesnt matter because you will have to do both anyways

killatopak

Gold Member

Question:
Latter.

Almost done everything now! :)

Although I may give up at the last hurdle as that Reconnaissance Squad side quest sounds like pure BS

Actually it's pretty easy. 95% unit is only needed. Those 95 are just those that are pretty easy to get. The 5% are the units that are rare spawns(the red colored machines) and require multiple reloading that are hard.

EdmondD

I already loved the game after A, but this is fucking amazing. Unless it somehow breaks down utterly, it will be really hard to dethrone from my GotY list. (Just like Nier was)

This is exactly how I felt. I deliberately took my time with A and loved it. It just kept getting better and better from there. I even replayed C because I liked it so much.

1upsuper

Hey all. I picked this up yesterday and I'm looking forward to playing it, but I haven't played NierR 1 nor the Drakengard games, but I intend to at some point. I have a copy of NieR 1 already. So I don't want to just watch plot synopses to get caught up to speed. Should I play everything else first or can I go right into Automata and miss very little?

Hektor

Hey all. I picked this up yesterday and I'm looking forward to playing it, but I haven't played NierR 1 nor the Drakengard games, but I intend to at some point. I have a copy of NieR 1 already. So I don't want to just watch plot synopses to get caught up to speed. Should I play everything else first or can I go right into Automata and miss very little?

If you already have it and want to play it anyways, i'd suggest to play Nier 1 first, there are some moments in Automata that are better if you played it and Automata will spoil you on a few elements.

The Drakengard games can be played whenever. I'd suggest to tackle those later since they force you to put up with some stuff like 3's hellishabyssmals framerate

Is it possible to change the title screen after the
Lunar Tears sidequest? I want to set it back to normal so my brother won't be spoiled by it when he starts up the game, because that was a big moment for me.
Playing on Steam.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm working my way through route C and
fuck me at having to delete Pascal's memories. That was heavy.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
There is a destroyed building in the flooded city with a couple of chests on it that is off by itself and I have no clue how up get there. Even decked out with movement mods I still can't reach it. What's the trick?

LotusHD

Banned

People who dislike what comes in Route C and onwards are rare, so hold on to your 2booty.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Beginning of route C was just
WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO MY ANDROID FAMILY DAMN YOU TO HECK

Top Bottom