• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Satch

Banned
WAITING FOR MARCH 7TH IS SOOOO HARDDDDDD

I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT ALREADY IF I DIDNT HAVE TO BUY FUCKING ZELDA WITHIN THE WEEK

IM GOING TO DIE WAITING.... remember me

TissueBox

Did you like the game?

I do like it, even if there are some iffy aspects. It controls nicely, its soundtrack is mostly stellar, and that oppressive, darkly humorous tone is definitely in wecome force. Side missions are mostly good, though I do wish enemies were a bit more interesting. RPG elements are strong and that Platinum polish is first-rate. But let's just say it may be too early to give my final verdict just yet, for the face still has more to turn -- but once it's time I'll share what I think on the whole indeed. As to be expected the game gets better and more interesting the further it goes.

Although I really enjoyed the demo, one of my main worries is how the open world is in this game. The combat looks and feels great, but I'm not sure if the open world for Nier Automata is good.

Although I really enjoyed the demo, one of my main worries is how the open world is in this game. The combat looks and feels great, but I'm not sure if the open world for Nier Automata is good.

It's empty because it suits the story, but there's still a ton of reason to explore and rewards to find while doing so.

As a result, I think it works out just fine.

Philippo

Annnnndddddddd done.

images

mmmmmm that's some sweet pain from good story

Ahah yeahhh this is what i wanted!
Feed me some heavy feels Yoko!

raven777

ok got my copy finally.

What control scheme you guys use? I always found the default control scheme a bit hard to adjust to, having R2 as dash/dodge never felt natural, but not sure if I want to replace that with Jump..

artsi

So far IMO it's the most uninteresting open world I've seen in a long time, but the game is still okay.

ok got my copy finally.

What control scheme you guys use? I always found the default control scheme a bit hard to adjust to, having R2 as dash/dodge never felt natural, but not sure if I want to replace that with Jump..

You'll be dodging a lot. I think it's in a perfect spot.

Play-Asia is playing with my heart

I ordered on the 18th
It says "Status: Preparing order"
Ship date on or before Feb 23

Now it's says "Status: Preparing order"
Sold Out and it has no ship date listed.

Wtf

That song insert when you finish the Father Servo quest chain. Feels bad man.
I wish to know this feel.
It took me like a half an hour to kill him at level 28, then he rezzed and five minutes later he killed me because I ran out of heals 15 minutes into the fight. 40 minutes and a shitload of consumables down the drain.

Edit: it's 5AM and I can't math anymore

Jiraiza

I wish to know this feel.
It took me like a half an hour to kill him at level 28, then he rezzed and five minutes later he killed me because I ran out of heals 15 minutes into the fight. 40 minutes and a shitload of consumables down the drain.

Edit: it's 5AM and I can't math anymore

He's like infinitely easier on NG+.

But still, these side quests are pretty amazing. The way they end with a song that fits the mood of the quest really gets you going. The
Type-E quest
was something else.

Edit: ...And another quest with a different song ending. God damn son.

Strings

Man, I'm kinda underwhelmed :(

Roughly five hours in, and a little bored. The combat is fun enough (although it feels lacking in terms of 'oomph' if that makes any sense?), dialogue is great, but it's just not coming together in a satisfying way.

Hektor

Look what the mail man just got me~~

There's even a podskin dlc in there

p-pls respond
I have to give this bastard 100k gold and I'm sitting on 70k in cores.

I have sold all items that mention that they can be exchanged for good money, so far i haven't had to regret that decision yet

Is there any part of the game where share function is blocked?

Nothing in the first two Routes is blocked, don't know about later

I'm supposed to be finding the Forest King. Can anyone tell me how far into the first playthrough I am?

Roughly 60-70 percent

addik

Man just finished the game's 3rd boss.
That was some messed up thing it did with the Yorha units. Also, I love the hacking mini-game.
Game has been incredible so far. The music is legendary.

Look what the mail man just got me~~

There's even a podskin dlc in there

I have sold all items that mention that they can be exchanged for good money, so far i haven't had to regret that decision yet

Nothing in the first two Routes is blocked, don't know about later

Roughly 60-70 percent
Thank you!

Domaje

Is this still true for Automata: "Ever wanted to see how an Action RPG can go from Boar Racing to Top Down Shooter to Side Scroller to Bullet Hell Game to Text Adventure and back to Action RPG again?"

Just answer yes or no.

addik

Is this still true for Automata: "Ever wanted to see how an Action RPG can go from Boar Racing to Top Down Shooter to Side Scroller to Bullet Hell Game to Text Adventure and back to Action RPG again?"

Just answer yes or no.

Y

-EDIT: oh damn that got answered unspoilered lol

Dio

Banned
Have we seen any indication for that somewhere (i.e. some initial impressions from the press)?

Not that this would change anything for me.

One indication is that some reviewers might stop playing after Ending A not realizing they still had a shitload of the game's story to go, like some people did with Drakengard 3 and Nier 1.

Top Bottom