• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

I wasn't referring to the story specifically, but the overall package. Basically I'm saying, Nier's the far wackier game. Although I have spoiled Horizon for myself, so ya. :p

well yeah , i can agree with that, to match yoko taro levels of whack you need something from suda51 or swery.
also , i still cant believe i walked out of som many horizon threads spoiler free

my god i want a new deadly premonition

TissueBox

Swery became king of the whacky and shamelessly indulgent for me after Deadly Premoniton (a personal fav) and D4, but Taro is one of the few up there that contest it, along with Kojima.

Its great cause it goes both ways, Yoko was into Undertale for a while as well too

Oh really? Niice lol.

killatopak

Gold Member
Its not exactly a criticism i don't think.

Its very hard for most games to match up with a Yoko Taro story regardless of how good their story writers are. Having previously been fully aqainted with games like Drakengard and Nier already, it actually ruined TLOU for me when everyone was singing its praises of the twists and turns. Not that it wasn't a good story, but the shocking parts felt predistrian compared to the absolute insanity Yoko Taro can get up to.

Only Spec Ops the line and Undertale in the past 5 years have pushed the type of boundary i'm talking about in terms of going down a certain path and being fully mindful of how the player perceives.

Having already spoiled myself on Horizon's story as well, its absolutely excellent in the ways i like my stories, most definitely the best story GG has ever told in a game(yes i know not a high bar...), but its def not approaching Yoko Taro.

Whelp. I haven't played TLOU yet.

TissueBox

Avy quote!!

But yeah she's quite pretty lol. But then again so is 9S...everyone is just 2 Beautiful. o_o ;p

Come to think of it, you're right - there's something about finally seeing their faces after having them wear blindfolds the entire time.

Now onto 9S' route!

I just hope I forget the spoiler I saw earlier tonight before the final ending. (GwendolynCinder posted a short spoiler tag in response to a battle gif and I didn't expect it to be "
I'll miss 2B
"...)

Just hoping it doesn't mean what I think it means.

raven777

Early part of route C was soooo good except
the part where 2B has to go to safe place while getting infected by the virus... cause I fell down and couldn't get back up without jumping around lol

Jiraiza

Come to think of it, you're right - there's something about finally seeing their faces after having them wear blindfolds the entire time.

Now onto 9S' route!

I just hope I forget the spoiler I saw earlier tonight before the final ending. (GwendolynCinder posted a short spoiler tag in response to a battle gif and I didn't expect it to be "
I'll miss 2B
"...)

I'd like to defend him, but then that might end up being spoiler territory, too. My hands are tied.

TissueBox

Now onto 9S' route!

I'll miss 2B
"...)

Yeah I really love
that moment where they're looking at each other finally eye to eye, blindfolds removed, it's definitely a symbolic image imo.

Won't comment on that other spoiler tag except that hey it coulda just meant
1) he was tired of playing 9S or 2) he was tired of seeing 9S's ass or most likely 3) his s.o. is named 2B and went to their parents' for the weekend. *shrugs*
;p

Edit: but yeah what Jiraiza said.

GrayChild

Guys, please be more careful with these unmarked spoilers. Some of us are waiting for the western release (and the PC version, none the less).

Currently on route C, i have some questions! Didn't get an answer yesterday, so i'll try again :D

is this on this route than i can get the optionnal emil fight?

Is there something more to A2 dash, or it just go farther?

Will i be able to open the evelators guarded by a machine on his knee on this route?

thanks

Guys, please be more careful with these unmarked spoilers. Some of us are waiting for the western release (and the PC version, none the less).

Agreed. If people can't tell what you're covering up, they'll base it on what you're quoting/responding to.

Everyone, please make sure to mark your spoiler tags with what they concern if not immediately identifiable based on context.

i.e: [Ending (Letter) Spoiler:]
*Spoiler Text*

The last thing anyone wants to see is an out-of-left-field ending spoiler as a reply to a combo gif.

JayEH

the part where 2B has to go to safe place while getting infected by the virus... cause I fell down and couldn't get back up without jumping around lol

Same thing happened to me. Pretty frustrating.

Megatron

I played the demo today. Really liked it. Is there blocking in this game? How do you avoid the spinning blade when it goes horizontal?

TissueBox

Currently on route C, i have some questions! Didn't get an answer yesterday, so i'll try again :D

is this on this route than i can get the optionnal emil fight?

Is there something more to A2 dash, or it just go farther?

Will i be able to open the evelators guarded by a machine on his knee on this route?

thanks

Haven't gotten to 1 so can't say, as for 3 that's a good one, someone said earlier you need a
a key, though I'm not sure
. For #2 I believe it's mostly the same but in any case hopefully somebody else could provide more details.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
For everyone having problems with the 3rd Speed Star race, you can just use the 30 sec speed boost item and follow this path - .
Spoilered just in case.

I think I did even better than this guy by using the item after landing, so it'd cover the whole ground route. Took me 4-6 tries, but in the end I did it with just the salve without any speed boost chips.

addik

Hi guys, can anyone spoil me their estimates for finishing Route B? I'm trying to see if I should try sneaking in finishing it during my busy sked this week or if I should just wait for next week

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Hi guys, can anyone spoil me their estimates for finishing Route B? I'm trying to see if I should try sneaking in finishing it during my busy sked this week or if I should just wait for next week
I did all quests which popped up and I think it took me around 5-6 hours? Did all the route A quests during the first playthrough, so I didn't have to worry about those at all.

Exentryk

I played the demo today. Really liked it. Is there blocking in this game? How do you avoid the spinning blade when it goes horizontal?

You can either dodge them, or there is a small gap between the two horizontal blades where you can sneak through them to the other side. You might also be able to jump over them (haven't tried that).

TissueBox

Lmao
similar thing happened to me when sudenly an attack by a machine threw me up a ledge. I went from mortified to rejoicing within a second.

Took me
8 hours, for others as short as 6, which you can manage by just blasting through the main story.

GrayChild

So, Square are actually making some efforts promoting this game after all. Yoko Taro posted this a few hours ago:

C5mIIwGUwAEcnq0.jpg

jonjonaug

I got stuck at a certain point but lucked out when an enemy hit me clear across a gap.

Happened to me too :( I had more issues than I'd like to admit trying to get up the pipe at the top of the ladder by the Cave in the Ruins across my playthroughs and that made it worse.

raven777

Route C question:
when you hold dash with A2 she starts to glow for a little bit before the dash ends. What does this exactly do?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Same thing happened to me. Fell into a small hole and with 5 robots punching me I couldn't escape so I had to load my save.

Jiraiza

For everyone having problems with the 3rd Speed Star race, you can just use the 30 sec speed boost item and follow this path - .
Spoilered just in case.

I think I did even better than this guy by using the item after landing, so it'd cover the whole ground route. Took me 4-6 tries, but in the end I did it with just the salve without any speed boost chips.

Here's an alternative without the need for items/chips, though it'd make it even faster than what I managed here.

https://my.mixtape.moe/aqozos.webm

jg4xchamp

How is the enemy variety in this game? The shades get really boring in Nier 1, and Platinum's better action games (especially the Bayonetta games) have excellent enemy variation.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
How is the enemy variety in this game? The shades get really boring in Nier 1, and Platinum's better action games (especially the Bayonetta games) have excellent enemy variation.

well they are all robots if that's what you mean, but there are a decent amount of types, and the bosses are pretty varied too

Jiraiza

For those on route C,

I would recommend looking for 2B's flight unit in the flooded city when you're playing as 9S.
Pulled my god damn heart right out.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
How long is this game if you do all the endings?

ALL the endings? could take you 50+ hours...of course doing all the endings is not the same as doing ALL the endings. In that case, it would run you around 30+ from what i've heard

*EDIT*

Ninja'd??

To throw my hat in the ring for what it's worth, I've gotten 4 endings so far, 1 real (A) and 3 joke (G, K, & W), and I've put in 23 Hours. (32% Quest Completion)

Just wondering though, since I hadn't finished the quests available to me at the time 100% before hitting the endgame of Ending A - can the
chapter select
feature help me go back and complete quests from before the endgame starts for Ending A?

Top Bottom