• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

For those on route C,

I would recommend looking for 2B's flight unit in the flooded city when you're playing as 9S.
Pulled my god damn heart right out.

i'm looking but i don't find it! where is it exactly? Hope someone will answer soon, i don't want to advance the story and miss it! EDIT : just put this on the new page so jiraiza won't miss it

EDIT 2 : Nevermind, found it!

Also i missed the quest where i need to found
Stuff of the old world for pascal
Will i be able to complete it later? redo the previous routes?

Slaythe

Let's hope most reviewers take the time to do full playthroughs. On easy mode if they have to, to rush the story, cause the game really shines when you get all the pieces together.

killatopak

Gold Member
Wait there are restriction to when a review thread should be up?

Aside from embargo obviously but it seems those 3 reviews aren't affected?

Exentryk

That review said there were no embargos for JP/Asian version.

Making a review thread with only 2 reviews is probably not a good idea. Maybe wait till like 5 or more reviews are out?

Ouroboros

So I was going to wait until after Zelda to start playing this but....with all these gleeming gaf impressions I might have to juggle both at the same time.

Thanks gaf.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
That review said there were no embargos for JP/Asian version.

That seems kinda naughty as it implies there is an embargo date for the NA/EU release, but I suspect SE won't be too angry when the review is so positive.

Not that I'm complaining mind, just pubs y'know!

pezzie

That seems kinda naughty as it implies there is an embargo date for the NA/EU release, but I suspect SE won't be too angry when the review is so positive.

Not that I'm complaining mind, just pubs y'know!

Embargos only really apply when the game company sends out an early copy of the game for review. People that get the game on their own aren't bound by embargos, as far as I know.

mankoto

I'd think there's no embargo because the game technically released days ago/they got their own copy of the game. They shouldn't be subjugated to SE US/EU rules in this case.

Now if a company like IGN said bump the official channels so we can get the review out ASAP then I can imagine SE getting a little upset. But I'm not so sure with these guys.

Someone customized Alisa from Tekken 7 to look (somewhat) like 2B, lol:
1GS9sja.png

https://twitter.com/genya1107/status/835870503038406657
Guest character in Soul Calibur VI when?

Small help here, my memory is shit... can't remember it

where is the shop that let you fuse Chips beyond +6 ?

also i'm missing only 1 pod program! On route C i found
Two of them lying near yohra corpses, is there a third one? I found one in city ruin and one in the amusement park

Slaythe

I decided to not get a switch and spend the money on nier horizon mass effect kh2 and persona 5 instead.

Chances of me regretting it are negative 47.

killatopak

Gold Member
I decided to not get a switch and spend the money on nier horizon mass effect kh2 and persona 5 instead.

Chances of me regretting it are negative 47.

by the time you've finished everything, you could have saved enough money to buy a switch and zelda anyway.

those games can go for dozens of hours minimum. If you plan to 100% them it could take hundreds of hours.

Exentryk

I've finished KH 2.8 and now am eagerly awaiting Automata. After that it'll be Persona 5 and then KH2 FM. Great start to the year!

Finished the game. Got all the main endings at least. Really liked it, probably one of the few stories where
"It was all meaningless!"
is not just something frustrating that a lazy writer does to appear clever, but conceptually interesting. Well done Taro, you mad fuck.

Also, 2B is just perfect.

Be like me and get both lol

It's gonna be interesting switching back and forth between the two lol
I'm getting both (zelda wii u), but I have no idea when I will actually play zelda. Nier, Horizon, and especially Persona 5 are all games I want to play more than it, and multiple games in my backlog will take priority too.

raven777

Question about route B onward:
Is there any way to upgrade 9S's hacking ability to make it easier? Like having more life or something?

Jiraiza

Finished the game. Got all the main endings at least. Really liked it, probably one of the few stories where
"It was all meaningless!"
is not just something frustrating that a lazy writer does to appear clever, but conceptually interesting. Well done Taro, you mad fuck.

Also, 2B is just perfect.

Yeah, I love 2B and it's not her perfect butt that I love, either.

The reveal that
she was in fact 2E made me appreciate her character all the more. Real heartbreaking. And add in that final message she had for 9S.

Urgh...

Hektor

Question about route B onward:
Is there any way to upgrade 9S's hacking ability to make it easier? Like having more life or something?

I don't remember any chips that make the hacking itself easier, just some that make hacking enemies deal more damage etc.

LProtag

I feel like I've rushed through the game. I've got about 20 hours in and I think I'm at the point where I can get all the main endings.

TrueHero

Man looking at all these impressions just makes me want the game even more. Gonna go out and buy NieR for $20 while I wait for a PC release date.

Caim

Route B done will start on C later on today.

I knew
I wasn't tripping when I saw the ghost/hologram of a girl in the hanger right before 9S left to help with 2B with the Goliath and Eve.
I guess I'll find out more about that later.

pezzie

Route B done will start on C later on today.

I knew
I wasn't tripping when I saw the ghost/hologram of a girl in the hanger right before 9S left to help with 2B with the Goliath and Eve.
I guess I'll find out more about that later.

Route B spoilers:
I had a double take on her too. I also saw her once when we were talking to the commander on the Bunker. Excited to see what the deal is with those girls

My weekend is over, so back to work with the game looming over me like some kind of itch. I just want to get back into it.

DKL

On Route C, turned the game back to Very Hard and the stuff they have you do is pretty much the definition of suffering. There's this long forced walk/run sequence at the beginning that'll break you because it ends in a mandatory fight that I wasn't sure I was gonna be able to do, but somehow did despite the
sword throws spam
, which is the single worst move on this mode because you cannot react to it most of the time.

Like, can anyone actually no damage the
desert worm
boss without using
Berserk mode exploit
?

I don't know if it's actually possible given the amount of stuff going on in that boss lol

I've tried a
M barrier strat, but it doesn't last long enough to make this viable

I think the game is very interesting on Very Hard, but it's just that the checkpoints are designed so badly: in the
worm boss, you have to kill the 3 goliaths every time you restart
and it really begins to grind on you after a point... I'd probably be playing less conservative if I knew that I was not gonna have to repeat long sequences of either mandatory fights or non-gameplay.

If anyone is looking for a gaming experience that'll bust their balls, this is pretty much it.

Slaythe

Anybody else running into a weird issue where the audio sort of dies ?

My ps4 menu still has sound ... Sometimes it does glitch though. It never happened on any other game, not sure what's causing it ?

Reloading instantly fixes the issue so it has to be something within the game. (that can be unique to my installation or not)

Also, this is funny.

I did route A Hard, Route B Normal, and Route C currently doing Easy.

I am underleveled, lost all my good chips, and all my weapons are level 1, I'm not using the lock ons or anything but at least it makes the game pleasant, not having to worry about grinding your gear.

Top Bottom