• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

JayEH

Do you know if that Clemps vid has Automata spoilers? I have been waiting for the third part but I don't want Automata spoilers. These are really good. They do a good job of explaining the lore.

i doubt he's played the game to completion and even if he did this has been scripted and edited mostly before automata was out. This is also a Nier video so spoiling the sequel would not be wise.

I have a question for people who have played the game, how's the music?

I'm finding it to be on the same level of the original, and I'm not even past Route B yet.

to quote myself, when i was responding to someone saying the ost is equal or even better than the first one :

I don't mean to be rude, but we get it - you don't like the new singer.

Many others here - myself included - have no issue with her, and find the music in Automata to stand beside the rest of Keiichi Okabe's best work.

Do you know if that Clemps vid has Automata spoilers? I have been waiting for the third part but I don't want Automata spoilers. These are really good. They do a good job of explaining the lore.

There are no spoilers for NieR Automata in any of his NieR Analysis videos. He only goes as far as the trailers in this part.

i doubt he's played the game to completion and even if he did this has been scripted and edited mostly before automata was out. This is also a Nier video so spoiling the sequel would not be wise.

He actually has completed
Ending E
, and praises the game, saying it blew him away.

Agreed. I've surprisingly found them pretty funny, too. His style isn't really my sense of humor but he's caught me off guard with a few of his jokes and I've burst out laughing.

EDIT: Will there be a spoiler-free ending guide available by the time this comes out in NA? I'm thinking something of what 999 had - it outlined the paths you had to take, spoiler free, which was great. Hoping for something similar with this game.

I'm finding it to be on the same level of the original, and I'm not even past Route B yet.

I don't mean to be rude, but we get it - you don't like the new singer.

Many others here - myself included - have no issue with her, and find the music in Automata to stand beside the rest of Keiichi Okabe's best work.

No offense taken, but he's asking how's the music, so i give my honest opinion! Maybe the way i written it sound too negative sure, but i still loved the music, no doubt about that

EdmondD

Agreed. I've surprisingly found them pretty funny, too. His style isn't really my sense of humor but he's caught me off guard with a few of his jokes and I've burst out laughing.

EDIT: Will there be a spoiler-free ending guide available by the time this comes out in NA? I'm thinking something of what 999 had - it outlined the paths you had to take, spoiler free, which was great. Hoping for something similar with this game.

Thanks for the answers guys going to watch soon. When I first watched I thought is this some PewDiePie bullshit but Clemps is actually decently funny and he knows his stuff.

I have a question for people who have played the game, how's the music?

It's a stunner. It's more subtly powerful than the predecessor and there's even an in-game
jukebox to listen to it all on in one of the hub areas as you go along, unlocking more music to play on it.

In some ways it's fascinating how much they changed the sound in some tracks to fit these new settings and yet there's also familiarity with other tracks that sound like an extension of the first NieR. There's also way more music in this game than there ever was in the first game. It's a huge OST and one I can't see them even fitting it all on 3 discs with, which is what the soundtrack release will be. Anybody worried by any lack of Emi Evans doesn't need to be either, she sings loads of tracks, so do the other singers, since there's so much music to go around. I love it so far.

N° 2048

Question: I found the
door
for the
Treasure Hunt at the Castle
side quest and there is an
enemy
with a
golden shield
, I can't seem to destroy it(
the shield
). Do I need a special weapon?

I can still beat him by hitting his back and going around the shield but just curious if there is something I can do to destroy it.

Bump for new page.

Updated the OP to include a new section:

QtjZPzK.png

P9DDWn6.png

Special Message from Square Enix
Upon completing the first story route in the game (Route A), players are presented with the above message from Square Enix. Remember to play through the entire game, everyone!​

Also, the Clemps playlist has been updated to include NieR Analysis Part 3. (47 Minutes!)

ZoronMaro

So I tapped out of this thread around the time people started getting more endings, but the game is supposed to have arrived by the time I get home from work.

Are there any glitches or missable things I should worry about? Since I got physical I assume I'm safe from the "download whole game before playing" problem I saw before. Just checking if I missed any significant problems, I hope not I'm super hyped to start playing.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I played A in Japanese but had trouble following the subtitles during combat. How's the English VA?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Wait, what? They said 9S.

that's what i get for not reading correctly :p

What's so bad about 9S? He's just a....polite stand up android

I played A in Japanese but had trouble following the subtitles during combat. How's the English VA?

On the same level as Nier 1, aka exceptional

Seriously, i take issue with people who actually dismiss the dub in this game as bad just cause its a dub , best dub in past 5 years for me. The actors actually emote properly and show proper tonal inflection. They get the script

Played it in dub from start to finish, was a great dub job IMO. A friend of mine pointed out actually there was better voice direction here than FFXV and it shows.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome to hear. I'll probably switch over for further playthroughs.

LProtag

I usually like playing games in JP when I get the chance, but there was too much audio going on during intense fights, so I went with English.

They did an amazing job with the dub. Normally I hate dubs, but this one is better than serviceable, which is the best I usually hope for in a dub, it's actually good.

I usually like playing games in JP when I get the chance, but there was too much audio going on during intense fights, so I went with English.

They did an amazing job with the dub. Normally I hate dubs, but this one is better than serviceable, which is the best I usually hope for in a dub, it's actually good.

yeah, the first nier was actually one of the exception for me! The only one where i prefered english voice over the original japanese voice!

And this one is pretty good too!

mollipen

I can understand annoying and obnoxious, i thought Seere was pretty annoying in D1 as its all subjective, but rude? The exact opposite ^^

It's the way he talks to the Bunker, especially
on his route

lmao you might wanna drop this game xD

I don't hate him that much, but I think part of the reason you're saying that is what I'm currently working my way through now. I just wish, you know, he could be an end boss in one of the endings so that I could destroy him for good. :p

Xliskin

OG Nier has a great dub I hope this one is as good , so who's finished the game how is the story is it better than the original , on par or less ??

Stalk

I can't see how anyone can hate 9s. I love how at odds he is with everyone else around him haha, I find him kind of charming.

Just started route c (real spoilers)
TOOBIE. ;-;. A2 looks damn good with short hair tho.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yeeeees. Kaine and Zero would be proud that A2 is continuing their no-bullshit legacy.

To be fair Zero's personality is somewhat modified in the english dub to be more rough than the original Japanese dub, but i can see your point ^^

I've put another few hours in today I've been messing around with the chip plus fusing them and I have to say the music in this game is phenomenal.

I've barely even touched any of the quests I'm 5 hours in and have been exploring mostly. Though I'm wondering when do I get to unlock all of these locked chests?

Setsu00

I've put another few hours in today I've been messing around with the chip plus fusing them and I have to say the music in this game is phenomenal.

I've barely even touched any of the quests I'm 5 hours in and have been exploring mostly. Though I'm wondering when do I get to unlock all of these locked chests?

(Vague answer, no explicit plot details)
You'll be able to do that as a part of a story-related event.

LProtag

I just beat the game.

Man, I really loved it. I probably didn't invest as much into sidequests as I could have though, but with limited time and a bunch of other huge games coming out soon, I'm glad I finished it and didn't leave it on the backburner.

I'll be returning to it for sure, and maybe going back and playing other Yoko Taro games, as this was my first.

Soulflarz

Banned
I just beat the game.

Man, I really loved it. I probably didn't invest as much into sidequests as I could have though, but with limited time and a bunch of other huge games coming out soon, I'm glad I finished it and didn't leave it on the backburner.

I'll be returning to it for sure, and maybe going back and playing other Yoko Taro games, as this was my first.

Define beat

benzy

I just beat the game.

Did you only get to ending A?

Samaritan

Are there any negative repercussions for stealing one of
Emil's masks from his underground home
? The Pod warning you about it seems like a clear indicator that something bad will happen if you go through with it...

Top Bottom