• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

DKL

I've been having quite a few freezes and crashes in combat recently.

These really concern me on Very Hard... not sure how I'll take it if it happens right before I can save the completion of a difficult sequence lol

(I'll probably just turn the difficulty down and do the sequence again :v)

But yeah, I've been getting them here and there.

I haven't run into any crashes/freezes myself. I also haven't put the game into suspend mode, so maybe that's partially related? Unless you guys haven't either in which case, I guess I'll just chalk it up to good luck on my end.

Also cool detail for the very end of Route C I didn't see mentioned:
I tried to repair a YoRHa body in the Tower and it came back angry and tried to kill me

Can someone just make a spoiler thread?

Lol shit is kinda ridiculous.

I'm thinking of making one on the western release date (March 7th) to clear up the OT for all the new players.

Does this sound good, or have so many people beaten the game that a spoiler thread is needed immediately?

Someone should make the review thread already.

If not then I'll do it myself.

I plan to make one as soon as we see multiple reviews coming out from western publications.

h4t3

is it possible 2 finish the game without (BIG spoilers
Emil dying and machine Village going up in flames / robo kids dying?
?!?

°_° -_- ;_;

OKay, question for people who got all endings (
ABCDE
), because i'm stupid and can't figure it out myself (concercing the endings) :

why does A2 say that 2B is always killing 9S? Are they reviving the same event everytime? Is this what endine E is?

Also what happen if i stay on ending D, will i lose all my save file like the first nier?

i'm kind of disappointed that there's no real FINAL BOSS except the small fight between 2A and 9S... because Eve felt pretty underwhelming, also no Unique music for a final boss like shadowlord! but beside that the game was amazing!

allbrancooke

Neo Member
is it possible 2 finish the game without (BIG spoilers
Emil dying and machine Village going up in flames / robo kids dying?
?!?

°_° -_- ;_;

LARGE SPOILERS IN SIZE
If you want 100% sub-quests: it happens when you get 100% weapon upgrades, and decide to fight final secret boss, Emil must die. Robo kiddos will die too

Setsu00

OKay, question for people who got all endings (
ABCDE
), because i'm stupid and can't figure it out myself (concercing the endings) :

why does A2 say that 2B is always killing 9S? Are they reviving the same event everytime? Is this what endine E is?

Also what happen if i stay on ending D, will i lose all my save file like the first nier?

i'm kind of disappointed that there's no real FINAL BOSS except the small fight between 2A and 9S... because Eve felt pretty underwhelming, also no Unique music for a final boss like shadowlord! but beside that the game was amazing!

2B is actually 2E, with "E" standing for "Executioner". Basically the gist of all of this is that 9S is capable enough to eventually figure out the truth about Yorha, which means that the androids would lose their reason for living. To prevent that from happening, 9S has 2B as his personal executioner should he come to close to the truth.

Also there is a true final boss: The credits of ending E.

deim0s

I've been having quite a few freezes and crashes in combat recently.

Yeah, it just locked up on me just now. When I'm soo pumped going after
Adam's brother
(?)

edit: Maybe, because I fiddled with the combat camera to pull out a bit?

Well then.

image.php

Jiraiza

I'm thinking of making one on the western release date (March 7th) to clear up the OT for all the new players.

Does this sound good, or have so many people beaten the game that a spoiler thread is needed immediately?

I plan to make one as soon as we see multiple reviews coming out from western publications.

I guess having a spoiler thread wouldn't hurt, certainly wouldn't mind more discussions on the story and how it fits in the DoD/NieR world.

JayEH

Spoiler thread now would be fine, multiple people have beat the game at this point and these type of threads usually go up a week before launch anyway.

AzureFlame

So my friend finished the game and told me that a certain choice in game got his save deleted.. is this real? he lost 20 hours of playtime and reset all over.

Hektor

So my friend finished the game and told me that a certain choice in game got his save deleted.. is this real? he lost 20 hours of playtime and reset all over.

Please spoiler tag that, and yes it's real. Not like the game isn't giving you ten warnings before hand

Slaythe

Off topic, but do you guys know if KH 1.5+2.5 will have english audio on JP release too or it's just gonna be for US and EU ?

On the plus side, this is ps4. We can fix the god awful localized controls on the OS level. :)

JayEH

Off topic, but do you guys know if KH 1.5+2.5 will have english audio on JP release too or it's just gonna be for US and EU ?

On the plus side, this is ps4. We can fix the god awful localized controls on the OS level. :)

They usually just have JP audio and text.

I'm on route C at the moment, and I have to say
this is feeling more and more like Drakengard and less like Nier.

Anyone else get that feeling?

Also, reminder to go to
the top of the ladder in the big empty building in the City Ruins
for a surprise.

Coda

I feel like dashing/using the evade button causes the game to stutter in congested areas. The one time the game froze on me was when I was in the middle of an evade animation.

2B is actually 2E, with "E" standing for "Executioner". Basically the gist of all of this is that 9S is capable enough to eventually figure out the truth about Yorha, which means that the androids would lose their reason for living. To prevent that from happening, 9S has 2B as his personal executioner should he come to close to the truth.

Also there is a true final boss: The credits of ending E.

Okay thanks,
so everytime 9S reached the truth, 2B killed him and then they restore him in a new body and fresh memories? How did i miss that!

jonjonaug

Another easter egg in route C -
in the big empty building that's frequently used as a Flight Unit landing zone in the City Ruins, there's a vertical shaft with a ladder leading up to a small room with the exit blocked by a storage container. However, at the start of route C, the container is no longer there and you are free to see what lies beyond.

I had actually been going up there to check if I could get through many times throughout routes A and B, so it really made my jaw drop when I finally found out what was there.
So...what's up there?

Any info on Reconnaissance squad Sub-quest? It's my last quest. I'm at 93% unit data

Could use your help, i'm missing 1 side quest... i have the one with
pascal and the reconnaissance squad, but absolutely no idea what's the third one, the chapter select doesn't help that much either

Coda

Is there a point or trophy to getting the joke endings? So far I have endings A, H, and K. Wondering how many there are in total?

N° 2048

Can someone help with the
Treasure Hunt at the Castle side
quest?

There's a place I just can't get up to and I see a chest there. Any tips?

carda114

Route B spoilers:
I had a double take on her too. I also saw her once when we were talking to the commander on the Bunker. Excited to see what the deal is with those girls

My weekend is over, so back to work with the game looming over me like some kind of itch. I just want to get back into it.

She also showed up almost out of frame during the mothership confrontation with Adam and Eve. I thought maybe it was an effect left over from the fight but then I saw her elsewhere.

I have a question for people who have played the game, how's the music?

to quote myself, when i was responding to someone saying the ost is equal or even better than the first one :

can't really agree here! While i love Automata's music and they're truly amazing! It really has hard time reaching the bar that the first one installed!

Of course it's just my opinion, but the remixes were not better than the originals, and a lot a music just tried to be like the first nier without bringing anything new! And they didn't fit as well with the event that occurs in the game!

I sound harsh i know, it's just that the first raised the bar so high, it's pretty hard to attain the same level! But again, let's all agree on this, THE MUSIC ARE AMAZING, NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT! And it's also way better than the drakengard 3 soundtrack!

Top Bottom