• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Coda

The three pods I use in junction are: Wire, Wave, and Slow

That combination is incredible, allows you to create some amazing orchestrated chaos.

I'm on the end of route C now.
I love how over the top and Platinum action-y this route is.

Exentryk

TFW you've not had enough coffee and book the day off work to collect your pre-order on the US release date...when you live in the UK.

Guess that will be my day to clear the Yakuza 0 backlog before Nier at the weekend...

Exentryk

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sHZaaGlnmZyBouBMXMyx7WPhs4B6CwsOwRAINOd1W3Y/edit?usp=sharing

Here it is, just about every plug-in chip in the game each in their own category.

I've put in the max values for only a few so far, but I will add more to it later including enemy drops.

Wow, awesome stuff man! Thanks so much!

Edit: Eventually, it would be a good idea to include the cost of each as well, so we can see how cost effective each upgrade is. I read something about synthesising and increasing ranks of chips, so their costs reduce? Be interesting to work out all the efficiencies.

pezzie

Just got the last story endings. Such a great ride for this game.

I'm actually kind of happy we got a happy end this time. Well, as happy as this could be. Does that ending imply that the machines are mostly gone in that ark?

Still miss you, Operator 6O :(

Caim

Wow, awesome stuff man! Thanks so much!

Edit: Eventually, it would be a good idea to include the cost of each as well, so we can see how cost effective each upgrade is. I read something about synthesising and increasing ranks of chips, so their costs reduce? Be interesting to work out all the efficiencies.

Yeah I added a separate tab for the diamond symbol aka the minimum cost.

Caim

So, cost increases as rank increases? And that's because the chips are getting stronger? Is 6+ the max rank?

I think someone said it goes higher than 6 so I'll find out, but yeah cost goes up with rank to make up for the costs getting higher.

If you were to find a diamond +3 it should always be 7 cost.

raven777

here is cost variation for the chips. The lowest cost version will have a diamond mark on it
8m3OG9G.png

Exentryk

I think someone said it goes higher than 6 so I'll find out, but yeah cost goes up with rank to make up for the costs getting higher.

If you were to find a diamond +3 it should always be 7 cost.

Okay, so we need Diamond +6 or +7 or whatever the max number is? Cool.

Edit: oh so Diamond +8 would have a cost of 21?

DKF590

i'm really going crazy! Fucking
EMIL shop
never Sells me the two weapons i'm missing! Don't know how many time i tried but this is stupid, it's just random luck!

I spent way too much time figuring this out and it's not entirely random. The items he sells are based on where in the map you stop him. He sells the weapons if you stop him by the resistance camp. Although I couldn't seem to figure out why he would sometimes loop on a small path.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
That first week should push Nier into a similar bracket to say, Persona. A very healthy position to be in.

just listened AGAIn the whole soundtrack! (it's like my fifth time)

While it's still amazing, i realized that there's way less song that makes me teary-eyed in comparison to the first one! Am i the only one like this?

It doesn't mean it's bad, it's still a freaking amazing soundtrack that deserves to be placed to the top, but it doesn't have as much song that immedatly clicked with me or touched me! I dunno, maybe because the first was such an unique style that the second one isn't as surprising since it use the same?

Still, this didn't stop me from pre-ordering the soundtrack

Ones of my favourite is voice of no return and vague hope

Caim

Wow...Counter maxed out is 250% of the incoming damage.

I'd like to see that used on Very Hard.

I should have most if not all the caps up in like an hour or two.

Exentryk

Wow...Counter maxed out is 250% of the incoming damage.

I'd like to see that used on Very Hard.

I should have most if not all the caps up in like an hour or two.

Is that with one maxed out chip?

Also, what sort of HP does 2B have, and what sort of HP do enemies have on average?

just listened AGAIn the whole soundtrack! (it's like my fifth time)

While it's still amazing, i realized that there's way less song that makes me teary-eyed in comparison to the first one! Am i the only one like this?

It doesn't mean it's bad, it's still a freaking amazing soundtrack that deserves to be placed to the top, but it doesn't have as much song that immedatly clicked with me or touched me! I dunno, maybe because the first was such an unique style that the second one isn't as surprising since it use the same?

Still, this didn't stop me from pre-ordering the soundtrack

Ones of my favourite is voice of no return and vague hope

Like D3, its fantastic but just different to niers. But i still really dig this OST and it was perfect for the game.

Szadek

Looks like I can't afford the game this month, unless I can get some more money or find a good deal.
It's like I'm ever running out of games to play, so it's not a big deal, but still annoying.

Caim

Is that with one maxed out chip?

Also, what sort of HP does 2B have, and what sort of HP do enemies have on average?

I don't have it on one chip, but if you put multiples of the same chip on you'll eventually get a message saying you hit the limit and it tells you what the limit is.

Levels and stats are shared since it's all based on your chips, and enemies scale with the story and difficulty so I'm guessing they would be taking way more hits on the harder modes.

Like D3, its fantastic but just different to niers. But i still really dig this OST and it was perfect for the game.

Yeah i still place Nier as one of the best soundtrack ever composed, I have yet to find something better! Nier automata isn't at the same level, but it's still way better than D3 imo... D3 i liked only a few song, while i like almost all of nier automata....

and i like ALL of nier soundtrack, it's pretty rare coming from me!

Exentryk

I don't have it on one chip, but if you put multiples of the same chip on you'll eventually get a message saying you hit the limit and it tells you what the limit is.

Levels and stats are shared since it's all based on your chips, and enemies scale with the story and difficulty so I'm guessing they would be taking way more hits on the harder modes.

Oh, that's nice of Platinum to mention the limits. Most devs won't bother with this stuff! I was hoping you could stack multiple of these counter chips to go beyond 250%, lol. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

raven777

The OST was great overall imo, but I didn't like how some tracks were overused.

As for comparison with previous Nier I can't really compare it since I didn't play the original Nier. But I did hear few tracks on youtube and I don't think there was anything in Automata that was as memorable as Kaine Salvation imo.

As for comparison with previous Nier I can't really compare it since I didn't play the original Nier. But I did hear few tracks on youtube and I don't think there was anything in Automata that was as memorable as Kaine Salvation imo.

why don't you listen to the whole soundtrack of the first nier? DO IT, DO IT NOW! Or simply play the game :p

i recommend Snow in summer (the intro music), wretched automaton (love how this one evolve, especially when the singing kicks in), and emil sacrifice! And shadowlord if you want an epic one!

killatopak

Gold Member

Nier ost were overused as well. Maybe you just don't remember. I think the music I heard the most was Hills of Radiant winds, temple of drifting Sands and wretched automatons.

raven777

why don't you listen to the whole soundtrack of the first nier? DO IT, DO IT NOW! Or simply play the game :p

i recommend Snow in summer (the intro music), wretched automaton (love how this one evolve, especially when the singing kicks in), and emil sacrifice! And shadowlord if you want an epic one!
Kinda resisting since I might get to play Nier one day. Now that Automata seems to be selling quite well at least in Japan, hopefully they release remaster of the original Nier, with option of both Replicant and Gestalt version, and Japanese voice as well.

Nier ost were overused as well. Maybe you just don't remember. I think the music I heard the most was Hills of Radiant winds, temple of drifting Sands and wretched automatons.

Like I said I didn't play the original Nier. I was comparing it to other games in general..

DevilDog

The original Nier overused the soundtrack so much in some cases, that I wanted to bang my head on the wall.

Especially that 10 second loop outside of the main town.

Robbit_80

Jurassic park! Just had an email from SE, my Black Box Edition is ordered! Was losing hope, almost resorted to eBay..

Happy fucking days.

Top Bottom